Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: James Childs

Got A Season Ticket

Default James Childs

Firstly I do not want to take away from the clinical way the Wolves played last night, they fully deserved their win. We were just not good enough on the night. However is it just a coincidence that our three heaviest defeats this year at Catalan, Hill KR and last night have all been officiated by one Mr James Childs. Its been commented by the media that he too had a bit of a mare last night! We know he is not the best but it just seems that he and saints just don't get on!

What disappointed me beforehand was that for such an important game the RFL could appoint him.

He was poor but we were significantly worse than him!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    He was poor but we were significantly worse than him!
    Agree. Pointless blasting the ref. If we had some gumption to actually defend after a bad call then some of his decisions would have ben less in the spotlight. Embarrasing to blame JC.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Agree. Pointless blasting the ref. If we had some gumption to actually defend after a bad call then some of his decisions would have ben less in the spotlight. Embarrasing to blame JC.
    For 30 mins I would say we did defend relatively well, considering set after set was on our line for periods we did look like keeping them out. It was just the fact that it kept on happening because of bad decisions and our inability to keep hold of the ball. 2nd half he wasnt so bad but by that time it was too late and all our players were knackered!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    For 30 mins I would say we did defend relatively well, considering set after set was on our line for periods we did look like keeping them out. It was just the fact that it kept on happening because of bad decisions and our inability to keep hold of the ball. 2nd half he wasnt so bad but by that time it was too late and all our players were knackered!
    We cant have defended that well in the 30 mins because they'd scored 4 tries after 25 minutes!

Unforgiven
    Non Members

Agree and I don't think any self respecting Saints fan would attribute the loss to the ref. We were beaten fair and square by a better team.

However I have to say, in a general sense, that whenever this idiot referees anyone he is poor. Pedantic to a fault, grossly inconsistent and demonstrates a lack of game awareness that any player would get dropped for. He is just not SL standard, never ever has been.

I was at the game last night so didn't hear the Sky commentary but would have been interested to hear if Cummings was defending his calls.

Got A Season Ticket

No one is blaming the referee, I carefully tried to avoid blaming him. But in fairness he is not a good referee fact! and he did have a poor game last night.

I agree with Div "not as poor as us"!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
    Agree and I don't think any self respecting Saints fan would attribute the loss to the ref. We were beaten fair and square by a better team.

However I have to say, in a general sense, that whenever this idiot referees anyone he is poor. Pedantic to a fault, grossly inconsistent and demonstrates a lack of game awareness that any player would get dropped for. He is just not SL standard, never ever has been.

I was at the game last night so didn't hear the Sky commentary but would have been interested to hear if Cummings was defending his calls.
    He defended the penalty on the line for their opener and in fairness, it was.
    He defended the overturning of the Wire knock on as it was 'the correct decision.' Phil Clarke made an interesting observation that players dont play to the whistle anymore. instead they challenge the ref and when decisions are overturned, it just undermines their authority. I believe Chils is 'challenged' more than say, Ganson was.
    There were also a couple of shouts for high shots that Child let go that he defended.
    He defended the decision to make Saints take a retap as Saints players were in front of the ball.

As a Saints fan i could see we didnt get the rub of the green, but a lot of the decisions were correct ones and we were very poor so its pointless blaiming the ref.

When you have played so badly its hard to blame the ref,even if he is hopeless.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

He wasn't to blame for the defeat but he Childs was shocking. The amount of times that he was told in his ear or by a touch judge what decision to give was ridiculous. He is as clueless as our attack.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Season Ticket NewJerseySaint's Avatar

He's garbage and probably the worst ref but in his defence if he is taking on board the calls from the touch judge and the correct decision is ultimately made, what's wrong with that? !

Learning All The Songs MancSaint's Avatar

Childs was abysmal, but we wouldn't have won the game even if Eamonn was the referee!

Starting A Programme Collection Lygase's Avatar

He did miss a lot, but his performance was exaggerated by how poor saints were... Had we been in Form he wouldn't matter, just happens we were trousers and his decisions mattered more, I.e. We were often desperate for a pentacle to get out of out half, equally we were desperate not to concede one trying to keep them out of our half... We all know he's shîte, but I always say the refs perfmance shouldn't matter as we'd ideally be able to put the game to bed ourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by Lygase View Post
    We were often desperate for a pentacle to get out of out half
    You're not wrong mate, we could have done with a bit of magic off someone!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Agree. Pointless blasting the ref.
    He was really bad though and has been whenever I've seen him ref a game. He's well out of his depth in the big games and just made a frustrating night even more frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    He was really bad though and has been whenever I've seen him ref a game. He's well out of his depth in the big games and just made a frustrating night even more frustrating.
    hes one of the refs with 'hey mum im on TV!!' syndrome. blowing the whistle for anything and everything.
    i wish more ex players would take up refereeing. they know what its like to play the sport. blokes like james childs haven't got a fooookin clue
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    hes one of the refs with 'hey mum im on TV!!' syndrome. blowing the whistle for anything and everything.
    i wish more ex players would take up refereeing. they know what its like to play the sport. blokes like james childs haven't got a fooookin clue
    How do you work that out? it was one of the least penalised games this year (8 in total, 5 to Wire, 3 to Saints)

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    How do you work that out? it was one of the least penalised games this year (8 in total, 5 to Wire, 3 to Saints)
    its the things he blows up for. the most pedantic crap. and im not just on about last night
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand

A couple of handling errors by Saints compounded by a very poor ref, told after 30 minutes, it showed in the character of several players, who if not physically gave up, they did mentally.

Starting A Programme Collection Lygase's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MancSaint View Post
    You're not wrong mate, we could have done with a bit of magic off someone!
    Haha... Feckin ipad auto-correcting me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lygase View Post
    Haha... Feckin ipad auto-correcting me lol
    In this case it would appear your iPad is correct! haha

In The South Stand

its the things he blows up for. the most pedantic crap. and im not just on about last night
    He blows up for very minor technical things, then misses major infringements. his earhole must have been "red hot" the amount of banter being passed on to him, was he reffing by proxy.

In The South Stand

Exactly, we got knob all of the man, lifting went unpunished, wriggle about a bit penalty against Saints, 13 penalties in a high octane game like that, never.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Have you watched it again? The penalty on the line was correct and if he'd really wanted to he could have penalised Saints at least three more times for the same thing. Don't tell me you don't think that Jones tackle wasn't a penalty. As there were only 8 penalties I don't see your cause for complaint. You should have been at Widnes last week when there were 27!!

Unforgiven
    Non Members

I'm betting there will be more tonight.