Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Blackbrook rugby club

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Default Blackbrook rugby club

Hi guys and girls. Don't know if many are aware that blackbrook was set on fire last night. I've found out this morning that it's just the new stand that was on fire. The club house itself etc where all unaffected. So abit of good news. Just thought id let you know just incase any of you have any ties etc

Ex Terra Lucem
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Really sad news

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    Hi guys and girls. Don't know if many are aware that blackbrook was set on fire last night. I've found out this morning that it's just the new stand that was on fire. The club house itself etc where all unaffected. So abit of good news. Just thought id let you know just incase any of you have any ties etc

Any loss or damage to the club is terrible, I hope it doesn't have too much of an effect on them.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Awful news. It happened to our club (Ashton Bears) not long ago and it really is a terrible thing to do. Assuming it was arson I'd love to get my hands on the people who did this kind of thing.

One thing for certain is that Blackbrook will receive lots of support from the rest of the amateur rugby world.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Season Ticket

fire crews did a good job containing the fire to the shelter ,only minor damage to the clubhouse from the heat.

If this is deliberate vandalism ( and its hard to understand what else it could be) it is disgraceful and very sad. These lads should be down at their local club playing some sport not destroying the facilities for those that do. It is hard to comprehend why this kind of thing happens.

Lets face it in the unlikely event they get caught they will get community sentencing at worst. They want their legs breaking.

I remember when the clubhouse was built originally many moons ago it was burnt to the ground and had to be re built.

In The South Stand Paul Cullen's Mantra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    If this is deliberate vandalism ( and its hard to understand what else it could be) it is disgraceful and very sad. These lads should be down at their local club playing some sport not destroying the facilities for those that do. It is hard to comprehend why this kind of thing happens.

Lets face it in the unlikely event they get caught they will get community sentencing at worst. They want their legs breaking.

I remember when the clubhouse was built originally many moons ago it was burnt to the ground and had to be re built.

I think your moronic comments regarding breaking their legs makes you no better than them afraid..
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"interfacing at the ruck"

"winning the go-forward"

"i thought we won the collision"

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cullen's Mantra View Post
    I think your moronic comments regarding breaking their legs makes you no better than them afraid..
    Bugger off. If they're caught, they need sorting out. It's mentalities such as your own that sees this kind of crap happen.

All the best to Brook, I hope it doesn't hinder them too much.

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    Bugger off. If they're caught, they need sorting out. It's mentalities such as your own that sees this kind of crap happen.

All the best to Brook, I hope it doesn't hinder them too much.

So how would you sort them out?....Little confused as to how this would occur to your satisfaction within the parameters of the law?
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"winning the go-forward"

I'd put them in the next team to play Brook

Don't be so stupid. These little scrotes deserve a lot worse. I can't believe you're focussing on Div's comment when something like this has happened!

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Don't be so stupid. These little scrotes deserve a lot worse. I can't believe you're focussing on Div's comment when something like this has happened!

Thanks for that intellectual insight Ryan Bailey

"winning the go-forward"

Thanks for that intellectual insight Ryan Bailey
    You seem to be insinuating that that's impossible to be intelligent AND want to inflict pain on the vermin of this world. Frankly that's ridiculous.

How about: EVERYONE SPOUTING OFF buttons their big cake holes?

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    You seem to be insinuating that that's impossible to be intelligent AND want to inflict pain on the vermin of this world. Frankly that's ridiculous.
    You grammar indicates so..

"winning the go-forward"

Yellow card issued - SIN BIN.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

I have watched Adam Swift's dad and a couple of other people spend every spare moment they have on that building. It meant that Brook could have BBQs and a tea urn on the the top terrace and make some money for the club, and that people could have shelter whilst watching the games on the first team pitch. A year or so's hard slog decimated in minutes. Gutted for Gaz and those that put the effort in.

Got A Season Ticket Splitpuddin&gravy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    I have watched Adam Swift's dad and a couple of other people spend every spare moment they have on that building. It meant that Brook could have BBQs and a tea urn on the the top terrace and make some money for the club, and that people could have shelter whilst watching the games on the first team pitch. A year or so's hard slog decimated in minutes. Gutted for Gaz and those that put the effort in.
    100% such a shame for the people that worked on it. Was good when it was raining to watch the game as well. Catch them and make them take tap penalties in.

Blackbrook Rugby clubs patio area this morning. Help find the low life's that did it!!!! RT pic.twitter.com/MfkZAvAch6

WARNING! PIE EATER!

If that has been done as a deliberate act of vandalism then it's disgraceful. So many people give up their time to help community clubs, it's real kick in the teeth for them. Didn't something similar happen at Ashton Bears recently?

Edit.
    Hadn't seen YG's post further up the page.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    If that has been done as a deliberate act of vandalism then it's disgraceful. So many people give up their time to help community clubs, it's real kick in the teeth for them. Didn't something similar happen at Ashton Bears recently?

Edit.
    Hadn't seen YG's post further up the page.
    This act of arson is a sign of an instable mind precisely for the reason you highlight: a club facility built by and benefitting the general public has been destroyed.

A good kicking for the perpetrators won't solve a great deal (though deserved), I'd rather see the offenders forced to volunteer time, effort and money to rebuild that stand in between a spell in a mental facility as there's ostensibly no motive other than an alarming desire to destroy. Weirdos.

Noooobie

Old enough to remember the original changing rooms being burned down.Had to get changed in a shed ,for training and a hosepipe for a shower.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

For the people who think a good telling off is in order, you woukd soon change your tune if it was your property. We are sharing a planet with these idiots, they should be the first in line for the virgin shuttle, just drop them off up there and leave them.