Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 22323839404142
Results 1,026 to 1,049 of 1049

Thread: Nfl 2014

In his daft head he probably thinks that he's doing nothing wrong and it's all a media witch-hunt

He could be another JaMarcus Russell when the Browns cut him in March as rumoured. Searching round for a team getting into even more trouble probably with time on his hands and money in his wallet

Best QB is Joe Montana , but I think Steve Young was more entertaining (Actaully threw more receptions to Jerry Rice than Montana). Difficult to compare generations, but you have to put the guys in the 70s/80s ahead due to the punishment they took due to the rules in them days. But all day long JM..Best ever player Jerry Rice. Most entertaining..Lawrence Taylor..
    Sorry I've gone off track..toughest hitter..Ronny Lott..
    I'll stop now..

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Put one SB win on Marino's CV and he'd be the greatest QB in history by miles and miles. Owned almost every record and set them in an era when QBs were there to be hurt, and allowed to be. Those records have only been chased down in the modern NFL where QBs are untouchable and the game is absolutely pass happy because of it. Marino would be absolutely unstoppable in today's NFL. Imagine giving a bloke like that so much protection. He'd be in the SB pretty much every season.

Unfortunately the team Miami put around him was never good enough but as a QB, nobody near him.

That Challenge in the first quarter was a huge moment in the game. I know Carolina had a lot of time to shake it off but considering it was 2 plays after the call Denver scored when Carolina should have been comfortably in midfield. It must have been frustrating as looked a legit catch to me (and too the comms).

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Marshawn Lynch retires...Another prima donna. But he did make me laugh with his 'I'm only here so I don't get fined' reply to all SB questions last year.
    For I won't miss him..

Couldn't be any less a prima donna! He's just an ordinary bloke that happened to be good at football. He hates all the fame and attention

Rumour has it that he's spent very little of his money

And on the football thread

Paul Scholes - footballs biggest prima donna

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    Couldn't be any less a prima donna! He's just an ordinary bloke that happened to be good at football. He hates all the fame and attention

Rumour has it that he's spent very little of his money
    I don't see it like you..I see his attempt to not to like attention a way of gaining attention. Although funny, his antics at SB re interviews was a prime example. Spending money or not is not the issue. His contract includes giving press interviews, he should have given the SB respect. If he did not want to give interviews then don't sign the contract. His reply was 'I'm only here so I don't get fined'. So happy to take the cash. If he really did not want to speak then don't and take the punishment, but he cleverly played it so he got major air time without losing out on his money. Good RB but for me he is very calculated with his off field antics. Great use of reverse psychology. What the press should have done after first question was to turn their backs and walked away, but he knew that was never going to happen.

PS. Don't know anything about Scholes other than he plays/played football.

In The West Stand Talk some sense!'s Avatar

I think it's the exact opposite to be honest, I think he genuinely hates that side of it and I don't think he's calculated or there's any reverse psychology at all.
    I think it's a shame to see him go, as a player he was always enjoyable to watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)

Heard an interesting if shocking stat on BBC radio Five (if true). The subject was about who goes to big sporting events. Are a large minority now not supporters but people who go for 'the event' and not the actual on field activities.
    According to this stat, 75% of those who attended the SB arrived by private jet. If true it's incredible. I have noticed at Wembley NFL games lots of 'pretty people' as I call them, who are clearly not there for the game, but are there because it's a place to be seen. They are generally dressed like its a fashion show (men and woman) and spend a lot of time taking selfies and texting during the game. (Club Wembley). Not sure if it spoils sport or not, but not sure I would go anywhere just to be seen or say ' I was there' unless I had an interest.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Heard an interesting if shocking stat on BBC radio Five (if true). The subject was about who goes to big sporting events. Are a large minority now not supporters but people who go for 'the event' and not the actual on field activities.
    According to this stat, 75% of those who attended the SB arrived by private jet. If true it's incredible. I have noticed at Wembley NFL games lots of 'pretty people' as I call them, who are clearly not there for the game, but are there because it's a place to be seen. They are generally dressed like its a fashion show (men and woman) and spend a lot of time taking selfies and texting during the game. (Club Wembley). Not sure if it spoils sport or not, but not sure I would go anywhere just to be seen or say ' I was there' unless I had an interest.
    http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2016/2/...els-concussion

Gets worst for Manziel. He seriously needs help.

On the private jet story, i read something about two fans missing a chunk of the game after spending 14k each on tickets, this was because they got delayed in their private jet.

Like you i'm not a fan of the 'event' attendees. Really kills atmosphere.
    It is one of the reasons I stopped going to England football (soccer) games, once it started creeping in to club level it was the start of the eventual divorce between me and that sport.

Understand some commercial tickets need to be available but for me sports/supporting teams is about the real fans and everything that they bring to the game.
    Season ticket renewed, fifth year at Saints 2017. Beer at The George time.

Yeah that event thing is spot on. Working down south in HQ at the moment and a lot of the graduates go watching it because it's part of the event season. No real interest in the sport at all

Learning All The Songs

Yeah that event thing is spot on. Working down south in HQ at the moment and a lot of the graduates go watching it because it's part of the event season. No real interest in the sport at all
    My perception and it could be totally wrong is it happens more down south.
    England RU games down there for example, mates have often tried to get me to Twickenham but i just perceive it as a corporate jolly for a high % of attendees. My mate lives in Gateshead and said the WC games at St James Park were the total opposite.

England football on the road was great, once it went back to Wembley was like a trip to the cinema.

I'm going a bit off NFL topic here gents, apologies!

Learning All The Songs

Manning retires, Murray going to Titans. Busy week of news.
    Thought Eagles might of given Murray another season to settle in now Kellys gone.

Gray...Packers after Forte as a FA. Probably spell the end of Starks.

Megatron has retired too - pity he never played for a decent franchise. Like the legend Barry Sanders the Lions never gave him a good enough team

Banned

JPP staying at the Giants. Happy with the news

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post
    JPP staying at the Giants. Happy with the news
    Yeh i was a tad surprised at that tbh.
    Retro...i forgot to put Megatron on there i've no idea why! Will miss watching him play. Unbelievable talent.

Still waiting for 49ers to sign something that will get my juices flowing..Not sure Chip Kelly will do that though.

Kaepernick?

Didn't anticipate that move at all

Kaepernick?

Didn't anticipate that move at all
    Has he moved, just thought rumour Broncos wanted him...

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Has he moved, just thought rumour Broncos wanted him...
    I meant that I didn't anticipate the Osweiler move. He had a big chance at Denver there

Learning All The Songs

I meant that I didn't anticipate the Osweiler move. He had a big chance at Denver there
    Very surprised at this. He covered Manning very well for a rookie.
    Wonder what Broncos are lining up?

I think benching Osweiler and then putting his contract to one side until Peyton had made his mind up played a part. That sort of things makes people think you're not really wanted

Houston probably only needed to tell him he was #1 and how much he was getting

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen07 View Post
    Yes according to Neil Reynolds on Sky Sports last night he left as a free agent I think.
    Not gone just yet. He is still under contract. Neil Reynolds is stealing a living. Per Ian Rapoport, Browns and Jets are looking at a trade, and their second round picks are a lot more appetising to a GM than Denvers.

Look out for maybe RGIII visiting with Denver. Could be what he needs to kick start his career after Washington destroyed his knee caps.