Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lance back

Got A Season Ticket

Default Lance back

I have heard from someone at the club that Lance will be back for the Leeds game! It should improve our half back options!

Good news, he has played well this season and will bring a kicking option we need to win our last 3, and he will improve our chances come the playoffs.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Just seen the highlights.

Turner clearly played at scrum half in attack so Hohaia being back will be a straight replacement for Wheeler I'd imagine.

Learning All The Songs

Hohia brings a lot of positives to our attacking options but I would not include a kicking game amongst them.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    Hohia brings a lot of positives to our attacking options but I would not include a kicking game amongst them.
    Hohaia's kicking game has really improved this year.

Got A Season Ticket Splitpuddin&gravy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Hohaia's kicking game has really improved this year.
    +1
    not outstanding but I think he's done well with the boot this year from what I've seen.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    Just seen the highlights. Turner clearly played at scrum half in attack so Hohaia being back will be a straight replacement for Wheeler I'd imagine.
    looks like we've got a good support player in odonnell. he looked quite lively
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Noooobie

If this is true it's a headache for brown because who will he partner lance with? Turner had a brilliant game but if Wellens isn't partnered with him that means odonell is more likely to get pushed out even though he had a great game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Why not stick with a winning team? Lance for Wheeler that's all.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

I imagine we'll line up the same as the Wakefield game with Lance stepping in for Wheeler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    It's improved no end and it's miles better than Turners for starters. Never thought I'd say this but Lance will be a big improvement on Wheeler

Quote Originally Posted by michael.atherton.37669 View Post
    If this is true it's a headache for brown because who will he partner lance with? Turner had a brilliant game but if Wellens isn't partnered with him that means odonell is more likely to get pushed out even though he had a great game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He'll just play Wello at 13 again

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

I too would never thought I would hear the day when I said our hopes rest with Lance coming back to full fitness.

But just goes to prove sport is a funny old game.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

He is a very good player.
    Learned comment from The Don

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

This is a thread I never thought I'd see

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by N0.1 Saint View Post
    It's improved no end and it's miles better than Turners for starters. Never thought I'd say this but Lance will be a big improvement on Wheeler
    Always makes me laugh that players become so much better when they have either been injured or on the bench,Lance is a very average player before his injury and will be the same when he returns.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon1964 View Post
    Always makes me laugh that players become so much better when they have either been injured or on the bench,Lance is a very average player before his injury and will be the same when he returns.
    But will he improve what we have????? Of course he will. You can debate the value of lance but to have him back puts us in a stronger position.

This forum is a joke at times, when the consensus is that a player isn't good enough, it becomes criminal to accept that the player has done well or is playing better. He's had a good season. Be that because he has had walsh with him it doesn't matter, he's given his all and we have looked better when he's on the pitch.

LMS had a good game against wakey, taking a flat pass on the opposition 25 faced with 2/3 defenders and he spills the ball he gets slated, I didn't see many others screaming for that pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    He is a very good player.
    He's a good utility player.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon1964 View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Lance but beggars can't be choosers. When he has managed to play recently Wheeler has been pretty poor, Lance is no world beater in the halves but he can't play worse than Wheeler surely

Quote Originally Posted by lee.ashtonsaint View Post
    But will he improve what we have????? Of course he will. You can debate the value of lance but to have him back puts us in a stronger position.

This forum is a joke at times, when the consensus is that a player isn't good enough, it becomes criminal to accept that the player has done well or is playing better. He's had a good season. Be that because he has had walsh with him it doesn't matter, he's given his all and we have looked better when he's on the pitch.

LMS had a good game against wakey, taking a flat pass on the opposition 25 faced with 2/3 defenders and he spills the ball he gets slated, I didn't see many others screaming for that pass.
    I agree with your general points but don't get too misty eyed about LMS . He turns up when the goings good and even against wakey he dropped more ball than an England cricketer in an ashes series.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by lee.ashtonsaint View Post

I couldn't agree with you more.

Lance has improved without doubt and LMS who I have criticised was certainly up there with the best forwards on Friday.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Quote Originally Posted by N0.1 Saint View Post
    He's a good utility player.
    So you are agreeing with me then?
    Learned comment from The Don

Starting A Programme Collection craigo12's Avatar

Lance has never been value for money due to his form in the first two seasons. But no one can say he hasn't played well this year and been a big part of our wins. I'll be happy to see him back at 6 for us.
    "When the going gets wierd, the weird turn pro."

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

ive never rated hohaia. i didnt rate him in the NRL and i openly criticised his signing before he kicked a ball for us. but credit where its due i think he's had a good season
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Got A Replica Shirt

The way wheeler been performing its a god send hes back,i have always rated wheeler but lately he been shocking,at a time when we needed him to raise his game.