Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: London 40 - Leeds 36

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by saint4evs View Post
    Ok I aint looked at fixtures but what I was pointing out was we aint guaranteed 2nd with 1 win which you suggested
    Please explain how we aren't then? Because I'm pretty sure we are looking at all the fixtures.

Leeds are currently 3rd with 32 points. If they win all three games they would finish on 38 which is what we would be on if we won 1 game. But for Leeds to win all three games it would mean Wigan to drop points meaning we would still finish ahead of them.

I'm just using Leeds as an example but you could work it out with any of the top 6 teams this way.

Starting A Programme Collection craigo12's Avatar

Ok I aint looked at fixtures but what I was pointing out was we aint guaranteed 2nd with 1 win which you suggested
    We are mate. 1 win for top 2, two wins for LLS.
    "When the going gets wierd, the weird turn pro."

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by craigo12 View Post
    We are mate. 1 win for top 2, two wins for LLS.
    Thank you. Thank god I'm not losing my marbles.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by SaintDez View Post
    Thank you. Thank god I'm not losing my marbles.
    If we beat hudds that puts us on 38

Cast win there 3 games 38 points

leeds win 3 games 38 points

wire win 3 games 38 points

cas leeds wire can go above us with goal difference that puts us down to 4th naybe your marbles are going

Starting A Programme Collection Saint19's Avatar

No matter what team you have out (and Leeds' was relatively strong), when you're 30-8 up with 36 minutes to go, you have to do something drastically wrong to lose that game. That team should have been and was good enough to close that game out. Either way, great results for this weekend, 3 points clear of 2nd and 4 points clear of 3rd. Win 2 out of 3 games and were league leaders. I'd rather take that over anything at the minute, to end a 6 year trophy drought. Hopefully the LLS will give us the confidence to push on for the Grand Final.
    Not Arrogant. Just Better

Got A Season Ticket

If we beat hudds that puts us on 38

Cast win there 3 games 38 points

leeds win 3 games 38 points

wire win 3 games 38 points

cas leeds wire can go above us with goal difference that puts us down to 4th naybe your marbles are going
    We've better points different than Cas and Wire. And if Wire win three it means beating Wigan so we'd still finished 2nd above Wigan, Cas and Wire. Even if points difference came into it, how does it work out so we'd finish 5th like you originally said?

Wire. Leeds. Huddersfield.

1 win = top two spot
    2 wins = hubcap

COYS
    1 win against Leeds will do, if Leeds beat Wigan and Wigan beat Warrington.

Whilst much has been said about points difference there is not much in it except Wigan who are +400.

Saints +260
    Leeds +285
    Warrington +255
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

In The South Stand

I have been taking my young Grandson for a the last 2 seasons and he being also a football supporter with his Dad he cant understand how a team can finish top of the league and not be champions, I cant explain it to him, like he said it,s just a cup competition at the end of the season, I agree with that, I had to show him in the programme how we finished top 4 seasons running but was only champions once. It wouldn't be so bad if the real champions trophy which is in Wigans trophy room was presented to the team that finished top. I suppose some of the Wigan fans on here will justifyit.

Got A Season Ticket

We've better points different than Cas and Wire. And if Wire win three it means beating Wigan so we'd still finished 2nd above Wigan, Cas and Wire. Even if points difference came into it, how does it work out so we'd finish 5th like you originally said?
    I mentioned 5th without looking at fixtures which I said earlier now I have it possible to finish 4th with 1 win as I stated above as wire and cas can easily overturn points diff. It was leeds not wigan who i placed above us as i put wire and leeds beating them it not hard to work out

Quote Originally Posted by Saint19 View Post
    No matter what team you have out (and Leeds' was relatively strong), when you're 30-8 up with 36 minutes to go, you have to do something drastically wrong to lose that game. That team should have been and was good enough to close that game out. Either way, great results for this weekend, 3 points clear of 2nd and 4 points clear of 3rd. Win 2 out of 3 games and were league leaders. I'd rather take that over anything at the minute, to end a 6 year trophy drought. Hopefully the LLS will give us the confidence to push on for the Grand Final.
    There have been a few games like that.

A few years ago Wigan came back from 6-30 to beat Bradford in the play offs

I don't think the LLS will give us enough confidence to win the GF but I do think winning the LLS will give us confidence for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon1964 View Post
    You would love to win it !!!!!!! as far as I am concerned and I have said the same thing every season, if you are top of the league you are the best team,
    Not if other teams are purposely avoiding the top spot!

Got A Season Ticket

I mentioned 5th without looking at fixtures which I said earlier now I have it possible to finish 4th with 1 win as I stated above as wire and cas can easily overturn points diff. It was leeds not wigan who i placed above us as i put wire and leeds beating them it not hard to work out
    I placed Leeds above us as well hence why I put we'd finish 2nd above Wigan.

I'll rephrase my opening post then.....if we win our next game it guarantees a top 2 finish and any 2 wins would see us secure the league leaders shield.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by BoldMiners View Post
    What teams are avoiding top spot?

Got A Season Ticket

I placed Leeds above us as well hence why I put we'd finish 2nd above Wigan.

I'll rephrase my opening post then.....if we win our next game it guarantees a top 2 finish and any 2 wins would see us secure the league leaders shield.
    Not if cas and wire win there 3 games it only guarantees us 3rd and im not debating the 2 wins you got that bit right

In The West Stand

I actually think top gives a meaningful advantage this year due to how close the league is. Personally speaking I think saints Wigan and Leeds will make up the top 3 (order is anyone's guess) - top is likely to play one of cas, Warrington or Huddersfield twice, who have been much patchier this season,while the other two will battle it out (most likely twice).

Should it finish:

Saints
    Wigan
    Leeds
    Castleford
    Huddersfield
    Warrington

I'd feel comfortable that well at least make the semis (even with the playmakers we have out) - that's true for most teams in the top 6 though, and this is why it's imperative for us to take advantage...

Is that not equivalent to game fixing?

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    What teams are avoiding top spot?
    Wigan and Leeds for sure. Unless you believe James Lowes has turned Bradford around into a team capable of beating both GF favourites in consecutive weeks, and one of those favourites has been beaten fair and square by a team who would struggle against St Pats!

In The South Stand

Wigan and Leeds for sure. Unless you believe James Lowes has turned Bradford around into a team capable of beating both GF favourites in consecutive weeks, and one of those favourites has been beaten fair and square by a team who would struggle against St Pats!
    Did Wigan want to win the game on Thursday?

Quote Originally Posted by CHANNEL22 View Post
    Is that not equivalent to game fixing?
    I'd certainly say its worth looking into. But it won't be of course. Too many people with a vested interest in maintaining the status quo. And, this is the last season in the current format so let's just turn a blind eye eh?

Snort Snort, my turn at the trough Nigel, you get back on the Gravy Train. Dinner is about to be served!

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Did Wigan want to win the game on Thursday?
    Don't think they were arsed one way or the other. Forget what Wane says in public, he has no interest in the LLS. He learned that lesson 2 years ago!

In The South Stand

I'd certainly say its worth looking into. But it won't be of course. Too many people with a vested interest in maintaining the status quo. And, this is the last season in the current format so let's just turn a blind eye eh?

Snort Snort, my turn at the trough Nigel, you get back on the Gravy Train. Dinner is about to be served!
    It's a shame that you continue to accuse people like Sean O'Loughlin, Kevin Sinfield, Chris Hill etc of deliberately throwing games and defrauding their own supporters.

In The South Stand

Don't think they were arsed one way or the other. Forget what Wane says in public, he has no interest in the LLS. He learned that lesson 2 years ago!
    Yeah they looked totally disinterested when they scored in the last minute.

And are you using the same argument as the reason you did not win the Challenge Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by CHANNEL22 View Post
    And are you using the same argument as the reason you did not win the Challenge Cup?
    No. We wanted to win that very badly. We were beaten by a better Castleford side on the day. Challenge Cup does not lend itself to strategy, its sudden death. GF is a totally different animal!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    It's a shame that you continue to accuse people like Sean O'Loughlin, Kevin Sinfield, Chris Hill etc of deliberately throwing games and defrauding their own supporters.
    Betting patterns probably prove the accusations