Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: London 40 - Leeds 36

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    To be honest I would say with recent form. Huddersfield will be the tougher ask. Warrington and Leeds have had as patchy a performance as us in the last month or two and that's with them having halfbacks.
    We have beaten all three in the league this year already, Leeds with pretty much the same team as we will have available next time out (assuming Hohaia is back). What we need is the right attitude, which is what has been lacking too often for Saints this year. Too casual. If we finally put our backs into it - and we still didn't manage a full 80 of real effort against Wakey - then there is no reason why we shouldn't win the LLS. We are a good team. Granted, we can't play the entertaining rugby we have managed sometimes this year, especially when Walsh has been on the field, but clearly we can still score some good tries.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie's Boots View Post
    We have beaten all three in the league this year already, Leeds with pretty much the same team as we will have available next time out (assuming Hohaia is back). What we need is the right attitude, which is what has been lacking too often for Saints this year. Too casual. If we finally put our backs into it - and we still didn't manage a full 80 of real effort against Wakey - then there is no reason why we shouldn't win the LLS. We are a good team. Granted, we can't play the entertaining rugby we have managed sometimes this year, especially when Walsh has been on the field, but clearly we can still score some good tries.

Attitude and grit gets you so far but there is no substitute for talent and class and we are sadly lacking in both in the halves without Walsh.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N0.1 Saint View Post
    Attitude and grit gets you so far but there is no substitute for talent and class and we are sadly lacking in both in the halves without Walsh.
    But with no talent and no grit we could see the difference between Leeds at home and Leeds away.

Also Wigan are a great example of what grit will do.

I know we have nothing in the halves, but Lance has shown this year that even without Walsh he can take that mantel on for a one off game.

I'm still thinking a depressed Leeds after losing the CC final is our best hope.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I'm still thinking a depressed Leeds after losing the CC final is our best hope.
    me too. i reckon they will crumble and confidence will be on its arse if cas beat them on saturday
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Excellent post. I just hope, as I said earlier that a three game series against the aussies will encourage teams to put that bit of extra effort in during the season. In reality we have gone downhill from top 5 , to top 6 and top 8.
    It's a bit like a 10K run with the better runners jostling for position until the final one or two laps.

I'd be quite happy for Wigan to finish top but I don't think it'll be the major factor in getting to or winning the Grand Final.
    Formula One Grand Prix

Monday to Saturday - Qualifying all day every day with Top 8 cars qualifying at the end of Saturday night.
    Sunday - Grand Prix with top 8 cars. 3 laps, with Top 4 grid positions an inch apart from each other.

But with no talent and no grit we could see the difference between Leeds at home and Leeds away.

Also Wigan are a great example of what grit will do.

I know we have nothing in the halves, but Lance has shown this year that even without Walsh he can take that mantel on for a one off game.

Obviously I want them to lose, but hopefully lose a very very physical game :-) . If they came into the game without Sinfield and maybe Peacock I'd fancy our chances of an upset.

If our defence shapes up I'm confident we'll beat them whatever the Cup Final result.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

I know Leeds are distracted but it's not just the loss this weekend.

Or the loss to the Bulls.

They only sneaked a win over Salford,
    Drew with Cas at home
    Lost to Wakey,
    Won by 1 point over Catalan
    Lost to Huddersfield and Warrington.

If it was just the last couple of matches we could put it down to the CC, but some of those losses where in June. Months before the CC.
    Form that is almost as bad as Wigan's was at the end of last season!!
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Form that is almost as bad as Wigan's was at the end of last season!!
    That would be our form between winning the CCF and going into the playoffs. You can read nothing into these remaining games!