Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gary Wheeler

Default Gary Wheeler

Looks like yet another injury for Wheeler, he started to look like he might be coming into the game then he seemed to pick up a knock that required him to take off his pants?!

The end ?

Was more worried when Roby limped off but to his credit he came back with a new leg.

Starting A Programme Collection

Put a fork in him- he's done

Quote Originally Posted by jonimac View Post
    Was more worried when Roby limped off but to his credit he came back with a new leg.
    Yeah I was hoping it wasn't his ankle again. He didn't look right when he came back on but credit to him for doing it.

On Wheeler I just can't believe how one man can get so injured, at some point he's just going to have to accept he doesn't have a body made for RL

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N0.1 Saint View Post
    Looks like yet another injury for Wheeler, he started to look like he might be coming into the game then he seemed to pick up a knock that required him to take off his pants?!

The end ?
    If you take all the emotion out of the decision then yes it is, the club cannot keep someone who has managed 60 or so games in 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    If you take all the emotion out of the decision then yes it is, the club cannot keep someone who has managed 60 or so games in 6 years.
    The club has to make a business decision and lets face it if you had a car and at repeatedly broke down you would get shut.

Sorry Gary
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by CHANNEL22 View Post
    The club has to make a business decision and lets face it if you had a car and at repeatedly broke down you would get shut.

Sorry Gary
    We were way better without him!
    Season ticket renewed, fifth year at Saints 2017. Beer at The George time.

Learning All The Songs

when somebody sat near me asked whether wheeler was playing? and they were serious said it all really .

I think it's fair to say he will be leaving at the end of the season. He has stole a living for far too long.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I think it's fair to say he will be leaving at the end of the season. He has stole a living for far too long.
    It's unfortunate as he had so much potential. But he'll be 25 by the start of next season and I can't ever see him fulfilling it with his injury problems. I think this season has to have been his last chance.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Sadly, we were much better after he departed. He can't help being injury prone but when he does play at stand off, he offers absolutely nothing.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Starting A Programme Collection Lygase's Avatar

This was his time to shine, being the first choice half back... And he's been rubbish, shrivelled up into his own ar5e time after time... He is done at saints for me

Learning All The Songs

To be fair I thought he'd been taken off for being rubbish, hadn't realised he was injured

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    To be fair I thought he'd been taken off for being rubbish, hadn't realised he was injured
    Looked like a groin strain, lad desperately tried to stay on the field cos he realised when he left the field would be the end of him at Saints

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    How did you not manage to see Wheeler being strapped up - play was held up for a minute while he dropped his shorts and was attended to? He had been limping badly for a couple of minutes prior to the stoppage.

Learning All The Songs

I hope Wheeler has a future in the game, look at the matches Leon Pryce missed prior to going Catalan. Lets hope he recovers but Saint's are run by businessmen and they don't want to pay players with a poor injury record.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    How did you not manage to see Wheeler being strapped up - play was held up for a minute while he dropped his shorts and was attended to? He had been limping badly for a couple of minutes prior to the stoppage.
    Saw someone with his kecks down but wasn't paying too much attention to who. He'd hardly been in the game before that anyway. Imagine he'll be back for the Leeds game if it's only a groin strain. Gonna have to start delivering though

Nobody knows what the problem is. it might be a slight knock and he was taken off as a precautionary measure for the last three games.

Got A Replica Shirt

Thought Flanagan did a better job at stand off by a mile last night! and what a break he made from dummy half when he was playing hooker! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Thought Flanagan did a better job at stand off by a mile last night! and what a break he made from dummy half when he was playing hooker! ;D
    Lol flash never played standoff but he played well both at 9 and 13. Regardless of that the team sheet said we started with wheeler and turner in the halves and Wello at 13. Wheeler just didn't get into the game and just seemed to hide over on the right hand side , when he did start to get his hands on the ball he got injured, disappointing but it says a lot really that he was the only proper halfback on the field and we didn't miss him one bit when he went off.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Sadly, we were much better after he departed. He can't help being injury prone but when he does play at stand off, he offers absolutely nothing.
    Has anyone ever lived off a 'potential' tag for so long? He's never really showed much despite the hype and is best remembered for a stinker of a performance at the Etihad against Wigan. Somehow a starchild of some fans, but completely average.

He took no responsibility at all and let Turner and Wello do all the work. That's shocking for the only genuine half back in the squad. Even if he's fit now I wouldn't play him. I'd suggest we've told him he's off at the end of the year, considering the rumours about us bringing in a new playmaker. Maybe that's why he looked so disinterested.

Banned

Enough is enough. Time for Gary to find another club, we've waited long enough for him to fulfil his potential at this level

Got A Season Ticket Driftking78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N0.1 Saint View Post
    Lol flash never played standoff but he played well both at 9 and 13. Regardless of that the team sheet said we started with wheeler and turner in the halves and Wello at 13. Wheeler just didn't get into the game and just seemed to hide over on the right hand side , when he did start to get his hands on the ball he got injured, disappointing but it says a lot really that he was the only proper halfback on the field and we didn't miss him one bit when he went off.
    Nathan Brown said Flash played at 6...
    "I thought Gary's start to the game was terrific; he pushed through the pain barrier when Robes was off," Brown added. "Flash (Mark Flanagan) played second row, at 9 and 6 and his contribution to the team was excellent."

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by RV12 View Post
    He took no responsibility at all and let Turner and Wello do all the work. That's shocking for the only genuine half back in the squad. Even if he's fit now I wouldn't play him. I'd suggest we've told him he's off at the end of the year, considering the rumours about us bringing in a new playmaker. Maybe that's why he looked so disinterested.
    Not taking responsibility is the issue, Hull and last night he just hid. In his defence I think its low confidence but when you are playing for your career that doesn't make it right. We looked a lot more fluent when he was off.
    Season ticket renewed, fifth year at Saints 2017. Beer at The George time.