Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Greenwood signs extension

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Default Greenwood signs extension

I've already posted this but it's gone! Great news

http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/page/4185

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

probably the pick of our young forwards for me. he was outstanding up against peacock and leuluai when we beat leeds earlier in the year. he never took a backward step. i rate him highly
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Massive potential with this lad I feel, not all of our young players will make it at the very top of the game but he has the natural ability to get there

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Is he injured or rested at the moment?

Great news btw.
    Learned comment from The Don

Starting A Programme Collection Village Saint's Avatar

Thumbs up Future looks good

Up to and including 2016: Makinson, LMS, Turner, Vea
    Up to and including 2017: Amor, Lomax, Swift and Greenwood
    Up to and including 2018: Percival, Roby, Walmsley, Thompson and Richards

Everyone else's contract runs out at the end of either this season or next with Walsh having an option for 2016 if he wants it.
    Savelio and Wilkin would be the obvious names next to sign extensions beyond next season with Wello looking likely to take it year-by-year.
    Question marks around extensions for Manu, Flanagan and Wheeler who's contracts all expire at the end of this season though.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Is he injured or rested at the moment?

Great news btw.
    Agreed great news.

Playing for Rochdale on a weekly basis, so probably the latter. I suspect that with the senior players we have there's no sense burning him out this year, he'll get his chance to play the big games in the seasons to come.

Jones and Savelio next please

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Village Saint View Post

Everyone else's contract runs out at the end of either this season or next with Walsh having an option for 2016 if he wants it.
    Savelio and Wilkin would be the obvious names next to sign extensions beyond next season with Wello looking likely to take it year-by-year.
    Question marks around extensions for Manu, Flanagan and Wheeler who's contracts all expire at the end of this season though.
    Wouldn't be surprised if Savelio doesn't sign another contract, personally. Rather eager to depart for Australasia from what I've been informed.

Re Greenwood. Very talented player and happy he's signed on. I'd like to see him played down the left in the back row as opposed to flogging him up the middle as we seem intent on doing. Making solid progress though.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if Savelio doesn't sign another contract, personally. Rather eager to depart for Australasia from what I've been informed.

Re Greenwood. Very talented player and happy he's signed on. I'd like to see him played down the left in the back row as opposed to flogging him up the middle as we seem intent on doing. Making solid progress though.
    Yeah sav will/may go to aus one day but if he went now would get battered,would end up playing bush footy need to establish him self in saints first team .

Got A Season Ticket

Flanagan signed a two year deal didn't he? Meaning he is under contract next season.

As it stands now, the following are out of contract at the end of this season:

Manu - probably sign a new 1 year deal
    Laffranchi - going home
    Wellens - probably sign a new 1 year deal
    Gardner
    Wheeler - do we keep him or not?
    Hand
    Forster
    Tilley
    Dwyer
    Clare

Soliola - going home
    Clough - Will he return or will he stay at Widnes on a permanent deal?

Starting A Programme Collection Village Saint's Avatar

I'm sure Savelio will try the NRL too but I don't think it will be just yet, at 19 years old I think we're capable of getting him on a 3 year deal with the money available for improving contracts due to players leaving and not much looking like it's coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by saint87 View Post
    Flanagan signed a two year deal didn't he? Meaning he is under contract next season.
    According to the ZeroTackle website Flanagan is OOC at the end of this season, although this could be wrong. Personally I think Flanagan should be resigned - unless we can bring in someone better, but that doesn't look likely.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I've already posted this but it's gone! Great news

http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/page/4185

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Great news for both him and the club.

flash has another year...the other 2 are ooc at the end of the season

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Very talented player and happy he's signed on. I'd like to see him played down the left in the back row as opposed to flogging him up the middle as we seem intent on doing. Making solid progress though.
    I know we use him in the front and back row, but I agree he looks better when playing back row. I just wonder will we bulk him up to play prop or leave him a bit lighter and mobile for the back row? We have in the past had a habit of getting it wrong with forwards - Jonkers, Stankevitch, Bennett, Edmondson, and even Clough and either bulked them up to much (and lost their mobility) or played them at prop when they weren't really suited to it.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Good news for both the club and the player. Physically he has a lot going for him and he's a pretty smart player as well. Has decent pace and has good footwork as well for a lad of his size. He puts himself about defensively and is capable of putting a shot on. Agree with what's been said previously on terms of his position as well. Get him running at the halves and centres on a regular basis and I'm sure he'll continue to grow and develop into the player we hope he will become.

He's got a long term opportunity now and it's up to him to work himself into a back-row spot when he does get the opportunity.

Yet another talented player who has signed another contact at the club.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Greenwood, Thompson and Percival are the 3 most talented young players at the club. Fantastic that we have them all tied down to long term deals.