Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: 2 refs

Got A Season Ticket

Default 2 refs

Heard on the grapevine we are going too 2 refs next season,doing away with in goal and there will be vid refs at all games person concerned was 90% certain it will next season if not the year after.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Delighted! View Post
    Heard on the grapevine we are going too 2 refs next season,doing away with in goal and there will be vid refs at all games person concerned was 90% certain it will next season if not the year after.
    Bad idea for me, the officiating in the NRL is worse than SL, they are deperate to go back to 1 onfield ref

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post
    Bad idea for me, the officiating in the NRL is worse than SL, they are deperate to go back to 1 onfield ref
    I agree but when the NRL went with 2 refs it was only a matter of time until we did

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

yip, teams dont like the quicker rucks and more constant calls......

Banned

yip, teams dont like the quicker rucks and more constant calls......
    You must watch different games to me. The Brisbane vs NZ game on Saturday was an absolutel disgrace. The refs blatantly kept Brisbane in it from the tenth minute

Got A Season Ticket

You must watch different games to me. The Brisbane vs NZ game on Saturday was an absolutel disgrace. The refs blatantly kept Brisbane in it from the tenth minute
    I do watch as much nrl as time allows but missed this one,not got any real thoughts about good or bad my self,but the nrl is more has more "open" play since 2 refs came in,suit some styles of team but not others.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

We haven't got enough to have one decent one on the pitch, let alone 2........
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

I do watch as much nrl as time allows but missed this one,not got any real thoughts about good or bad my self,but the nrl is more has more "open" play since 2 refs came in,suit some styles of team but not others.
    I watch loads of it. It's miles better in the NRL, they don't stand for any messing in the ruck. If the ball comes loose it's a penalty to the attacking side 95% of the time

Over here we just let people leave hands in and give a knock on against the attacking side 50% of the time penalising the side that has won the collision. They do make mistakes over there but the overall mentality is for the good of the game and encourages fast, open rugby

It all depends what type of game you want to watch. Our boring mistake ridden amateur-fest or top quality competition each week

In The South Stand

Isn't the correct term one ref on the pitch with an assistant as opposed to 2 refs?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    I watch loads of it. It's miles better in the NRL, they don't stand for any messing in the ruck. If the ball comes loose it's a penalty to the attacking side 95% of the time

Over here we just let people leave hands in and give a knock on against the attacking side 50% of the time penalising the side that has won the collision. They do make mistakes over there but the overall mentality is for the good of the game and encourages fast, open rugby

It all depends what type of game you want to watch. Our boring mistake ridden amateur-fest or top quality competition each week
    If it makes for a more open game i for one am all for it,can see how it wont suit teams that are set up for a slower ruck,should give half backs more time on the ball...(return of the scooter from dummy half?)

Quote Originally Posted by ploughman View Post
    Isn't the correct term one ref on the pitch with an assistant as opposed to 2 refs?
    The second one is usually referred to as the pocket referee and is responsible for policing the ruck, they don't make many decisions and leave most calls to the main ref

The on the ground wrestling isn't as bad as it is in Super League, as soon as the tackling players hits the ground they generally roll away. That's why some have said that they can get rid of the pocket ref now

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    The second one is usually referred to as the pocket referee and is responsible for policing the ruck, they don't make many decisions and leave most calls to the main ref

The on the ground wrestling isn't as bad as it is in Super League, as soon as the tackling players hits the ground they generally roll away. That's why some have said that they can get rid of the pocket ref now
    And as soon as they do they will be back where they started

Starting A Programme Collection Saint19's Avatar

They've been trialling it on a few academy games over the past few weeks.
    Not Arrogant. Just Better

Learning All The Songs MancSaint's Avatar

Bad idea for me, the officiating in the NRL is worse than SL
    Rubbish.