Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Post Office Road

Learning All The Songs

Default Post Office Road

We went over to Featherstone yesterday as Mrs Maghullsaint's great nephew was playing for the Midlands Academy.

It's 20 years since I last went there and they have done a lot of work to make sure that the ground will be suitable for SL - three new stands and a plan to move the pitch about 20 yards which will allow them to build a fourth stand.

The game finished 56-8 to Fev who looked bigger, older and fitter than the Midlands boys. A couple of odd things, to my eye. The clock is not stopped at any time, even if there is an injury break, and the ref blew up 90 seconds early. It was also one of the worst refereeing displays I have ever seen, missing a spear tackle, blatant forward passes, and blowing up against Midlands at any time for what seemed to me to be non existent lying-on. It made me nostalgic for Mr Child.

In The South Stand Paul Cullen's Mantra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maghullsaint View Post
    We went over to Featherstone yesterday as Mrs Maghullsaint's great nephew was playing for the Midlands Academy.

It's 20 years since I last went there and they have done a lot of work to make sure that the ground will be suitable for SL - three new stands and a plan to move the pitch about 20 yards which will allow them to build a fourth stand.

The game finished 56-8 to Fev who looked bigger, older and fitter than the Midlands boys. A couple of odd things, to my eye. The clock is not stopped at any time, even if there is an injury break, and the ref blew up 90 seconds early. It was also one of the worst refereeing displays I have ever seen, missing a spear tackle, blatant forward passes, and blowing up against Midlands at any time for what seemed to me to be non existent lying-on. It made me nostalgic for Mr Child.
    Ohhhhh where was the Merry Whistle Blower?!,
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"interfacing at the ruck"

"winning the go-forward"

"i thought we won the collision"

Learning All The Songs The Verminator's Avatar

Fev will really fancy their chances of playing Super League in 2016. They've been there or thereabouts for the last 5 years or so.
    WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF POOR BEN FLOWER?!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Verminator View Post
    Fev will really fancy their chances of playing Super League in 2016. They've been there or thereabouts for the last 5 years or so.
    Since their main financial backer has left the club. Featherstone need to ensure they are financially viable first and foremost. I hope they continue to be successful but not at the expense of the club itself.

Starting A Programme Collection RedSaint's Avatar

Leigh have more chance of super league

Learning All The Songs The Verminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedSaint View Post
    Leigh have more chance of super league
    Ultimately there's 4 teams who will fancy their chances - I don't like the new league system but it will definitely provide good entertainment when it comes to promotion/relegation time.
    WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF POOR BEN FLOWER?!

Starting A Programme Collection RedSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Verminator View Post
    Ultimately there's 4 teams who will fancy their chances - I don't like the new league system but it will definitely provide good entertainment when it comes to promotion/relegation time.
    Leigh have easily the best squad in the league at the moment, and they're signing more of them into long term (full time) contracts. A few have turned down super league interest to stay with them. I'd say they're at the front of the queue.

I'd like to see Leigh back.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedSaint View Post
    Leigh have easily the best squad in the league at the moment, and they're signing more of them into long term (full time) contracts. A few have turned down super league interest to stay with them. I'd say they're at the front of the queue.

I'd like to see Leigh back.
    I agree with you on this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

it'll be weird not going to hilton park!