Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ciao Kevin

Learning All The Songs saintollie's Avatar

That was aggressive, he backed it up with some rather eloquent language which does rather support aggression!
    Still it is Sir Kevin who is a Leeds player, it will be interesting!

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by saintollie View Post
    That was aggressive, he backed it up with some rather eloquent language which does rather support aggression!
    Still it is Sir Kevin who is a Leeds player, it will be interesting!
    Correct. The same bad language that Eddie Hemmings found the need to apologise to the Sky viewers for. The look on Sinfield's face, his language and then the butt, for me mean a 4 game ban will be received. Not sure he can even put in an EGP having been sent off for serious foul play.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Correct. The same bad language that Eddie Hemmings found the need to apologise to the Sky viewers for. The look on Sinfield's face, his language and then the butt, for me mean a 4 game ban will be received. Not sure he can even put in an EGP having been sent off for serious foul play.
    I think an EGP only applies to grade A and B charges doesn't?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Thought Cas disallowed try was harsh
    Diabolical to disallow that try. Watkins encroached Castleford line in an offside position. Regarding Sinfield, looks like a two match ban to me although Dorn seem to create the penalty by hooking his leg to keep Sinfield from getting off the tackle. Cracking match I really enjoyed the tackling that went in. Both teams a bit silly with the ball retention.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    So looking at the last part I presume it's possible to head butt someone and make full contact- but not in aggressive manner?

No wonder the disciplinary is such as mess with stuff like that being written!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I was just thinking exactly the same. He's intentionally head butted Dorn, has done so in an "aggressive manner" and hasn't shown any restraint whilst doing so. Just because it's Kevin Sinfield doesn't mean that the incident on its own should be taken any more lightly.

I thought it was a great game and Castleford were unlucky not to win. Their pack went really well and Darrell Clarke controlled the ruck on the back of that once again. I thought they lacked a bit of composure at times in terms of their kick plays but they defended brilliantly. That said, if Leeds show a bit more composure they probably win that game as well.

I couldn't see anything wrong with Carney's try in the corner and Darrell Powell has every right to feel how he does in my opinion. If you slow a play down and look at it in that sort of manner then there is only going to be one conclusion. They had another opportunity as well from a kick that wasn't quite brought in.

Pretty tight game but good signs for Cas. They've come on a hell of a long way this year and they deserve the credit and praise they are receiving for me.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

I don't think I'll get over this one. Seeing the Golden Booted International poster boy and rôle model put the head in is like hearing Gary Lineker effing and jeffing on live TV.

Or walking into the bathroom as your nan steps out of the shower. Aaaaaargh!!!!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by BoldMiners View Post
    I don't think I'll get over this one. Seeing the Golden Booted International poster boy and rôle model put the head in is like hearing Gary Lineker effing and jeffing on live TV.

Or walking into the bathroom as your nan steps out of the shower. Aaaaaargh!!!!

You have experience of this do you ?

Starting A Programme Collection Mr.Yat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post

Wonder will Ablett be dragged up for flicking the V to Cas end as he touched down? Kids on wall as well

Starting A Programme Collection Saint19's Avatar

People are going way over the top with this one. I'd presume he'll get 2 matches, take his early guilty plea and get 1. People need to stop going overboard, 4-8 matches for that? Come on, like seriously? People genuinely think he should get 4-8 matches for that? Even if he gets 5 matches (which he won't) presuming Leeds get through to the challenge cup final, he'd still be back to face us. I'd be really shocked if he gets more than 2. His perfect disciplinary will come into context as will Dorn's provokotation.

Anyway, on to London, we have a chance to go 2 points clears and rack up some points in doing so. Just gotta hope Wigan lose to Hull and Warrington lose to Widnes.
    Not Arrogant. Just Better

In The South Stand Paul Cullen's Mantra's Avatar

His perfect record should have no bearing on what he has done. He will probably be banned for less than he ought to and Brian McDermott will whinge about it endlessly...
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"interfacing at the ruck"

"winning the go-forward"

"i thought we won the collision"

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saint19 View Post
    People are going way over the top with this one. I'd presume he'll get 2 matches, take his early guilty plea and get 1. People need to stop going overboard, 4-8 matches for that? Come on, like seriously? People genuinely think he should get 4-8 matches for that? Even if he gets 5 matches (which he won't) presuming Leeds get through to the challenge cup final, he'd still be back to face us. I'd be really shocked if he gets more than 2. His perfect disciplinary will come into context as will Dorn's provokotation.

Anyway, on to London, we have a chance to go 2 points clears and rack up some points in doing so. Just gotta hope Wigan lose to Hull and Warrington lose to Widnes.
    I agree, one or two at the most, both he and Dorn were aggressive, in each others face with Sinfield retaliating to something Dorn did and said. It wasn't the sort of sly off the ball stuff perpertrated by some of our 'friends'!

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Grade C IMO.

egp and/or exemplary record will give him a two match ban.

Starting A Programme Collection craigo12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Grade C IMO.

Sounds about right with the sending off also.
    "When the going gets wierd, the weird turn pro."

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by craigo12 View Post
    Sounds about right with the sending off also.
    Can you put in an EGP for a head butt?

I'd have thought it would be too serious.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnythesaint View Post
    Can you put in an EGP for a head butt?

I'd have thought it would be too serious.
    Yes.
    It depends on the severity.

http://media.therfl.co.uk/docs/On%20...2014-Final.pdf

Early Guilty Plea

A Player who has:

 been charged with an Offence of Grade A-C; and
     who has not been found guilty of any other charge of on field misconduct before the Tribunal,
    or by submitting a previous Early Guilty Plea, in the 12 months preceding the date of the
    Match in which the alleged Offence took place; and
     who has not been permanently sent from the field in a Match in the 12 months preceding the
    date of the Match (unless subsequently found not guilty of such an offence).

may elect to make an Early Guilty Plea by informing the RFL Operations department of his
    intention to do so before 11.00 am on the day of any scheduled hearing. This will result in the
    lower end of the suspension range for the Grade of Offence set out in the Charge Letter being
    imposed (i.e. for a Grade B offence a one match suspension will be imposed).
    A player making such an Early Guilty Plea will not be subject to any fine but will forfeit the right to
    any hearing. For the avoidance of doubt the right to make an Early Guilty Plea only applies to
    initial hearings and not to any appeal hearing.

For the avoidance of doubt if a Player has previously used an Early Guilty Plea the date from which
    the 12 month period starts will be the date on which the previous suspension started and not the
    date on which he entered the Early Guilty Plea.

Got A Season Ticket

[QUOTE=Saint19;559786]People are going way over the top with this one. I'd presume he'll get 2 matches, take his early guilty plea and get 1. People need to stop going overboard, 4-8 matches for that? Come on, like seriously? People genuinely think he should get 4-8 matches for that? Even if he gets 5 matches (which he won't) presuming Leeds get through to the challenge cup final, he'd still be back to face us. I'd be really shocked if he gets more than 2. His perfect disciplinary will come into context as will Dorn's provokotation.
    Are you serious? If that had been Hock, McIioram or Bailey everyone would have been in uproar. IT was aggressive and it made contact so it must be 4-8 matched, but as you say he king Kev and he is a Leeds player,
    QUOTE]

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

I'd give him 3 matches. It's very out of character and I just felt he lost his temper in the heat of the moment. No harm done but can't go around sticking the head on folk.

On another note, I'm insanely jealous at Warrington signing Clark. What. A. Player.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    On another note, I'm insanely jealous at Warrington signing Clark. What. A. Player.
    Correct. He's superb. It's like watching Roby when he first burst onto the scene. Excellent player.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Grade C IMO.

Many on here thought Hocks past should count against him with the panel, so why as RG says would Sinfield's past not go in his favour. Mind you i think he should have had a few yellows in the past for his constant whinging at refs.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Many on here thought Hocks past should count against him with the panel, so why as RG says would Sinfield's past not go in his favour. Mind you i think he should have had a few yellows in the past for his constant whinging at refs.
    If you take previous into consideration it should be both ways. Didn't Roby get let off with a ban because of his record? I'm not saying he butted anyone but....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection WindsorSaint's Avatar

By the letter of the law maybe should be 4-8 games, and that was my initial reaction after seeing it last night. But on reflection, I don't think it deserves that given the force of the impact and no damage to Dorn (I know this shouldn't matter but I would take that into consideration).

We all know he's not a dirty player and is generally a model professional, but he will cope a ban otherwise it sets a bad precedent for others. I would expect him to get 2/3 games and submit and EGP to reduce it by 1 game. Add this to the red card which allowed Cas to score, equalise and draw the match, I think this would be sensible. If it was Roby (also not dirty and model professional), I would expect the same.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Christ there was nothing in it. Couldnt have got a bit of makeup off with that head movement.

Head highs come and go that dole out 10 times the contact.

Will pick up a 2 - 3 game ban none the less. Im sure he is more embarrassed than anything and bemoaning the fact he can never look a Scotsman in the face again after that attempt.

Starting A Programme Collection craigo12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    Christ there was nothing in it. Couldnt have got a bit of makeup off with that head movement.

Head highs come and go that dole out 10 times the contact.

Will pick up a 2 - 3 game ban none the less. Im sure he is more embarrassed than anything and bemoaning the fact he can never look a Scotsman in the face again after that attempt.
    It's less the contact and more the action of doing it. Just because he can't headbutt properly (and he should be able to with that fod) doesn't take away from the fact he tried. Probably get 1 game using EGP.
    "When the going gets wierd, the weird turn pro."

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by craigo12 View Post
    It's less the contact and more the action of doing it. Just because he can't headbutt properly (and he should be able to with that fod) doesn't take away from the fact he tried. Probably get 1 game using EGP.
    May not warrant the 4-8 in peoples eyes but according to the levels of threat it should really be in that category?

Hemmings mentioned the 4 to 8 games, I was really surprised he sent him off, thought ref would have bottled it with a 'put on report'. Will probably get two, about all it deserved, when people get 3 to 5 for breaking a jaw or trying to break someone's neck or call an official a 'f******* f**'!'.