Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brough

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

I would certainly have him at the club,I do agree he can be hit and miss but at least he has a bit of fire in his belly he'd be entertaining to watch. Why not have Brough and Walsh and then believe it or not we may actually have some cover when Walsh is injured as he does miss a few. OK we went 3 years without a 7 but one half back is clearly not enough.

I'd have him.

In The South Stand Paul Cullen's Mantra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    Clearly not so clueless as to give Brough a shout, will leave that one with you.
    Forgive me but I wasn't aware that your opinion had any bearing on the decision....if so,please can you tell me why you purchased Josh Perry?... Take all the time you need...
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"interfacing at the ruck"

"winning the go-forward"

"i thought we won the collision"

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cullen's Mantra View Post
    Forgive me but I wasn't aware that your opinion had any bearing on the decision....if so,please can you tell me why you purchased Josh Perry?... Take all the time you need...
    In defence of the josh perry saga, he came over here with a huge reputation and pedigree. He seemed like a good signing at the time but prob like mossy and others who come over thought it would be a walk in the park and couldn't get to grips with the game here and lifestyle, fortunatley mossy seems to be getting used to the way the game here is etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Didn't Perry break his foot in his last NRL game and subsequently didn't get a proper pre-season,I don't think he was ever 100% fit tbh.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    Didn't Perry break his foot in his last NRL game and subsequently didn't get a proper pre-season,I don't think he was ever 100% fit tbh.
    I suppose that could have been a factor for the first 6 months or so but the other 3 years he gave the impression he was only here to top up his pension fund
    One of brown's first big decisions was to drop this money grabbing pudding. I also think a lot of the 'cant be Ar$ed attitude' stems from his arrival
    One of the worst foreign signings saints ever made imo

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Was it not his knee?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Was it not his knee?
    Think it was a shin

Quote Originally Posted by disgruntled View Post
    In defence of the josh perry saga, he came over here with a huge reputation and pedigree. He seemed like a good signing at the time but prob like mossy and others who come over thought it would be a walk in the park and couldn't get to grips with the game here and lifestyle, fortunatley mossy seems to be getting used to the way the game here is etc

The cash makes up for endless days of rain
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"winning the go-forward"

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie's Boots View Post
    I'm not sure that's relevant to this season though. He had an exceptional season last year.
    What are we are lacking is a vocal player who wears his heart on his sleeve...perhaps Brough might be the catalyst we need ..

"winning the go-forward"

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Please don't take my username literally. I can offer you no forgiveness, no matter how many times you ask it of me my child.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    Please don't take my username literally. I can offer you no forgiveness, no matter how many times you ask it of me my child.
    Who said my name was James?....can I refer your decision upstairs??

"winning the go-forward"

The cash makes up for endless days of rain
    Not really though does it, many people will state that money makes up for things but at the end of they day it doesn't.

If he was available we would be fools not be interested.

Not really though does it, many people will state that money makes up for things but at the end of they day it doesn't.

Is that why Josh Perry lapped it up when the decent thing would have been to say let's rip up the contract?

"winning the go-forward"

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Was it a broken leg? Either way, I think you're right. He was never fully fit and was up against it before he pulled on the shirt.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Is that why Josh Perry lapped it up when the decent thing would have been to say let's rip up the contract?
    Like we all would of done in his position??

Like we all would of done in his position??

Minimum effort-Maximum return...I wish I had a contract like that

"winning the go-forward"

In The West Stand

On the subject of Brough. Am I not correct in thinking, that he and another player we have been linked with, Kevin Brown, were the reasons that Nathan Brown supposedly lost the changing room at Huddersfield ? So if this is the case, why would the club want to bring him on board ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    On the subject of Brough. Am I not correct in thinking, that he and another player we have been linked with, Kevin Brown, were the reasons that Nathan Brown supposedly lost the changing room at Huddersfield ? So if this is the case, why would the club want to bring him on board ?
    Because we generally make mind boggling decisions

"winning the go-forward"

Learning All The Songs

We are a team that had 0 halfbacks last season, and 1 this season. I am gobsmacked that anybody thinks that signing Brough would not improve our team and squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post
    We are a team that had 0 halfbacks last season, and 1 this season. I am gobsmacked that anybody thinks that signing Brough would not improve our team and squad.
    That amazes me as well.

Not sure he would fit with Jon Wilkin at half back .

Learning All The Songs

I would wanna leave. Home games look dead boring with with only a few thousand fart owners bothering to turn up

Wasn't Lee Briers 'past his best' when he signed for Warrington? Didn't seem to do them any harm.
    I bought a pack of luminous condoms last week. The wife's face lit up.