Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: 19 man Squad Announced

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Default 19 man Squad Announced

http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/page/4146

SAINTS have announced their 19-man squad for Sunday's First Utility Super League derby clash at Hull KR.

Gary Wheeler is recalled to the roster as is forward Jordan Hand.

Nathan Brown will choose from:

2. Tommy Makinson 3. Jordan Turner, 4. Josh Jones, 5. Adam Swift, 6. Lance Hohaia, 8. Mose Masoe, 9. James Roby, 10. Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, 11. Sia Soliola, 12. Jon Wilkin, 13. Willie Manu, 15. Mark Flanagan, 17. Paul Wellens, 18. Alex Walmsley, 22. Mark Percival (pictured), 24. Gary Wheeler, 27. Greg Richards, 28. Luke Thompson, 29. Jordan Hand.

Wheeler and Hand come in to the squad for Dawson and Walsh.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The South Stand

I hope Brown isn't going to mess with the halves just when we need stability to get a win and back up the good work of the last two weeks (bearing in mind our pattern of two wins and a humiliation since Easter).

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie's Boots View Post
    I hope Brown isn't going to mess with the halves just when we need stability to get a win and back up the good work of the last two weeks (bearing in mind our pattern of two wins and a humiliation since Easter).
    I reckon Wilkin and Hohaia will be 6 and 7.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Season Ticket Motherwell Saint's Avatar

Wilkin at 7, Jones in the second row and we're good to go I'd say

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

I'd pick Hohaia at 7 and Wheeler at 6 if Wheeler's fit.

Got A Season Ticket

Has to play Wheeler- the lad recovered from a broken arm in LESS tha a week... I think he really could be superman.!!!!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    Agree

In The South Stand

Why? Lance has done nothing to suggest he should be dropped. Quite the opposite. Wilkin and Lance in the halves for me. Stick with a winning combo.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shrekkers View Post
    Has to play Wheeler- the lad recovered from a broken arm in LESS tha a week... I think he really could be superman.!!!!

Wheeler would get nowhere near my team unless we picked up some further injuries at Centre or Stand Off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie's Boots View Post
    Why? Lance has done nothing to suggest he should be dropped. Quite the opposite. Wilkin and Lance in the halves for me. Stick with a winning combo.
    Nobody is dropping him.

It won't affect it that much either way. Wilkin can still kick from starting in the back row. Brown splits his halves far more when Walsh isn't there anyway and so we're going to see Hohaia play the right and Wilkin/Wheeler play the left anyway. Being a 6 or 7 in that system doesn't really matter.

I'd rather not change two parts of the team when we can just bring Wheeler in.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Nobody is dropping him.

It won't affect it that much either way. Wilkin can still kick from starting in the back row. Brown splits his halves far more when Walsh isn't there anyway and so we're going to see Hohaia play the right and Wilkin/Wheeler play the left anyway. Being a 6 or 7 in that system doesn't really matter.

I'd rather not change two parts of the team when we can just bring Wheeler in.
    We wouldn't though as we will basically go with the how we ran for the last 60 mins against Wigan but bring Jones steps in as the extra man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    We wouldn't though as we will basically go with the how we ran for the last 60 mins against Wigan but bring Jones steps in as the extra man.
    Exactly. It worked against Wigan, why change a winning formula?

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    He had them split at Wigan as well though. Wilkin left, Hohaia right once Walsh went off. It was just not as noticeable because the pack were superb and so we had all day to kick the ball.

The way I look at it is that on the left side for kicking tackles, Wilkin can step inside to first receiver and be our main kicker. On other tackles, we have Wheeler one in closer to the ruck around their big men and Wilkin outside him in the back row. HKR aren't great defensively and so I think Wheeler and Wilkin down the left could have a great time. On balance against HKR, I prefer Wilkin and Wheeler down the left to Wilkin and Jones.

I don't think it matters much anyway as Brown doesn't fancy Wheeler IMO and I fully expect Wilkin to start in the halves. It's just my personal opinion really. If the forwards play as they did at Wigan, we could stick anyone in the halves and we'll win the game.

Learning All The Songs yogi bear's Avatar

Hull KR is one of them places where we seldom win the forward battle - and usually lose.

With this in mind I'd be very wary of bringing in wheeler at 6 and using Wilkin as a 3rd halfback from 13. For me we need all our forwards working hard to win the battle upfront.

Got A Season Ticket

Wilkin and Lance at 7 and 6. Stick Jones or Manu at LF for me. Or even Sia at 13 and Manu in SR with Jones on the bench.

Noooobie

Wilko and lance in the halves, Jones second row!! Bring it on COYS