Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Luke Walsh

Got A Replica Shirt

As much as we miss Walsh in attack, for the time he was on the field on Friday he always got targeted in defence as a weak point. With him on the field we look more shaky defending on his side but with him off it on Friday I thought we looked more stable. Don't get me wrong though, I would still much prefer o have him on the field because of his attack!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    As much as we miss Walsh in attack, for the time he was on the field on Friday he always got targeted in defence as a weak point. With him on the field we look more shaky defending on his side but with him off it on Friday I thought we looked more stable. Don't get me wrong though, I would still much prefer o have him on the field because of his attack!
    Well, I agree that he was being targetted in defence because in the 16 minutes he was on the field he made 8 tackles. However, why he was a weak point I don't know since he didn't miss any tackles during the time he was on the pitch. Given Wigan scored down that side via a kick while he was still on the pitch and almost did so again but for Wello and Lance combining when he'd been missing for a while I don't know how we were suddenly more 'stable' once he'd gone off! I think his absence simply put more pressure on the team, not least because we were one man down on the interchange bench and so I'm sure that would mean certain players doing more, and also we had to reorganise our defensive line to accommodate the changes needed in attack.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    Please no don't start playing wilkin in the halfback role, these star performances there are few and far between.
    We also looked much slower and far less varied in attack when relying on Wilkin, which we were bound to do because Wilkin isn't a halfback.

His kicking game has improved tenfold though as a result of his time spent in the halves last season. But give me Luke Walsh there any day of the week. With him on the pitch as well I am fairly sure we would have scored more, and we would certainly have looked sharper in attack.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post
    I was sat directly in line and it didn't go over. If you watch it again all our stand go up immediately cheering when he kicked it. It was 2 yards left of the far post the whole way
    No Biaise there eh?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Starting A Programme Collection craigo12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintokell View Post
    To be fair that angle could be misleading, either way it's not like we needed it to win.
    "When the going gets wierd, the weird turn pro."

In The South Stand

Walsh,s injury was nothing to do with anything but bad luck and anyone who has had a spasm in the back would sympathise with him.