Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jon Wilkin

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Default Jon Wilkin

My oh my oh my.

I've hammered this bloke but he was an absolute star tonight. Made me eat my words. Loving his interview now.....'we wanted to come here and blow Wigan away....we're a champion team'.

Brilliant tonight.

Quick, somebody get this printed and framed.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

no other team in the league has a second rower who can slot in at half back and do it as well as jon wilkin. well done.

and those two young forwards were outstanding for us tonight. never took a backward step
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Starting A Programme Collection craigo12's Avatar

Cannot argue with a performance like tonight. Losing Walsh was massive but Wilkin stepped up and put in an amazing performance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets wierd, the weird turn pro."

Great effort from the whole team tonight. Out usually soft forwards stood up and rattled the goons

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

Why we are eating words.Lance had a great game.Never thought I would ever say that......

Great effort from all tonight and played with an interchange short for most of the match. My nerves are shot.

Just need someone to praise LMS now. Go on then, I will. Got stuck in tonight well done him.

Got A Season Ticket

Well done everyone, a great display,

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Boooooooo!

Fair play to ss, and not one good line run

Got A Season Ticket dwilsonjnr1984's Avatar

I've hammered wilkin in the past but tonight he was awesome my mom 123 are;
    Wellens
    Hohiai
    Wilkin

Noooobie

Absolutely Brilliant! Unfortunately I couldn't be there tonight, and I'm gutted I couldn't.

Well done lads, not a bad player out there! I feel wiped out now, as if I played every minute!

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Great game from Wilkin. He could be regarded as a much better player if he put that effort in each week. Then again you could say that about a lot of our players. Wigan lost tonight but their effort was there 100% as always.

Have to admit that when Walsh went off I started to fear the worst,,,but Wilkin,and all the boys were superb....COYS.....

Got A Season Ticket

you want to try an listen to ray French when you are half way up a mountain in Catalonia, we have home grown players who know what playing wigan is all about then we have a coach that's states its only 2 points that is part of our problem certain players give everything our coach gives nothing

Starting A Programme Collection

Outstanding team effort but disappointed with the officials. May be tinted specs but thought he did everything to get Wigan back in, thought mossy was showed a bit more tonight to

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Just a great effort from everyone. Best I have seen Lance/masoe play, best I have seen Percival defend. and as others have said even LMS stepped it up tonight.
    But you can't argue with Wilkin's MoM though Wellens, and Makinson were both outstanding. I thought the whole team did well. I even appreciated an honest interview from Wayne at the end. I thought we beat a good team tonight.
    Only downer for me was Bentham doing his best to keep them in it

Our kicking game improved when Walsh went off, Wilkin kicked well and Hohaia controlled the game very well.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    Our kicking game improved when Walsh went off, Wilkin kicked well and Hohaia controlled the game very well.
    Thought the same to be honest but didnt like to post it lol

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Surely I've fell and hit my head, Wilkin and LMS receiving some praise!! Great effort from all the lads.

Ex Terra Lucem
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    I disagree about the kicking but last season certainly prepared Wilkin and Hohaia for what they had to do tonight. However, although they both stepped up, there was definitely a Walsh shaped hole in our attack and I sincerely hope he isn't out for long.

Glad to know that Percy can kick goals though! Belting one from the touchline, and under tremendous pressure too. That lad really stepped up tonight. Mind you, they all did.

Starting A Programme Collection Saint19's Avatar

I completely agree, I've hammered wilkin in the past and tonight he was something else. Unplayable. I just hope he can keep that up and play like that every week and keep us top with Walsh now looking to be out.
    Not Arrogant. Just Better

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

When he wants to he really can take responsibility and lift the team. I had a funny feeling tonight when Luke Walsh went off that we weren't done. It reminded me of the Challenge Cup game at Headingley five years ago. There was nobody else to lead us round the park, so he just took the job on and damned well did it. And tonight he did that and more. He was exceptional.

It's still annoying though isn't it? Much as you have to give him credit for leading us to victory tonight, and that is exactly what he did, where is this every week?

On his day Jon Wilkin is one of the best players in the business. A leader, a player, a fighter. Therefore why is he criticised so much. Because it isn't there unless he's had a hot poker up his arse into doing it. He did it today because he had no choice. Like previous times, he'll do it when there is nobody left on the park to do it, and that is why he was my man of the season last year. I just don't understand why Jon Wilkin will only take on responsibility when there is nobody else there. If he had the confidence to be Jon Wilkin when playing alongside the greats then he would be a great himself. Does he get over-awed? I don't know. All as I know is, is that he would be a fans favourite with the application and quality that he shows when he HAS to do it.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    When he wants to he really can take responsibility and lift the team. I had a funny feeling tonight when Luke Walsh went off that we weren't done. It reminded me of the Challenge Cup game at Headingley five years ago. There was nobody else to lead us round the park, so he just took the job on and damned well did it. And tonight he did that and more. He was exceptional. It's still annoying though isn't it? Much as you have to give him credit for leading us to victory tonight, and that is exactly what he did, where is this every week? On his day Jon Wilkin is one of the best players in the business. A leader, a player, a fighter. Therefore why is he criticised so much. Because it isn't there unless he's had a hot poker up his arse into doing it. He did it today because he had no choice. Like previous times, he'll do it when there is nobody left on the park to do it, and that is why he was my man of the season last year. I just don't understand why Jon Wilkin will only take on responsibility when there is nobody else there. If he had the confidence to be Jon Wilkin when playing alongside the greats then he would be a great himself. Does he get over-awed? I don't know. All as I know is, is that he would be a fans favourite with the application and quality that he shows when he HAS to do it.
    to be fair though DD, wilkin wasn't the only one who played much improved last night.
    ive always thought jon wilkin has a good passing and kicking game. but the problem has always been that hes been expected to come up with nice touches and kicks as well as playing a typical forwards role. last night our other forwards turned up for a change and he played well on the back of that
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies