Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flags

Starting A Programme Collection Saint19's Avatar

Default Flags

There's been a few discussions all over Facebook past couple of days about flags and it got me thinking, what ever happened to all the flags we had up at Knowsley Road? Is there anyway we can get them up in the West Stand with the possibility of some new ones?

I hate to compare us to Wigan but when you go to the DW and they have all the flags above the South Stand, it looks smart. Was wondering if we could do something similar?
    Not Arrogant. Just Better

Starting A Programme Collection RedSaint's Avatar

People kept saying they were sorting something out to hang flags from about the back of the stand, but it's never happened. Don't understand the delay if something can be done

I'd like to see all the old flags up again with some new ones. It'd be good to give the West Stand some colour.

Also with the flag that was passed over peoples heads at the last 2 games, it's a good idea but the flag was just too small. If we could get it to go from the top to the bottom, it'd be good. But at the minute it was just far too small.

Bronco has them all. They were all out in the East stand recently, can't remember which game but one where the East was closed (Catalans?).

Regarding hanging them in the West - where, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    Bronco has them all. They were all out in the East stand recently, can't remember which game but one where the East was closed (Catalans?).

Regarding hanging them in the West - where, exactly?
    Yeah it was Catalans.

I've not had a proper look but is there no way to attach them to the back wall? Once they're up could they stay up?

There's been a big discussion all over facebook since the Salford game, obviously it'd be good to have all the flags up but if it's not feesable then it'll never happen.

Redvee Founder & Editor in Chief,
    Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,
    and Media Whore. Call me.

I've got the flags - since Langtree opened I've been working with the club with regards to getting the flags displayed. In fairness to the club they've been absolute fantastic and have got out their way to help. We thought we had a solution where the flags could be displayed permanently but it's fell through due to problems with the flags themselves.

There is a potential solution that I've mooted in the last week, and I'll discuss properly with the club when I get chance.

If it comes off it might involve fans dipping into their pockets a little bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@RedveeDotNet

Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,

Default Flags

As I stated the other day via redvee Facebook and twitter - some people are trying to perpetrate that it's 'a Wigan thing' - it's not, they copied our flags btw

@RedveeDotNet

Gerard Songsters Organiser

Quote Originally Posted by Saint19 View Post
    Yeah it was Catalans.

I've not had a proper look but is there no way to attach them to the back wall? Once they're up could they stay up?

There's been a big discussion all over facebook since the Salford game, obviously it'd be good to have all the flags up but if it's not feesable then it'll never happen.
    What you are looking at is some kind of panels with hooks to fit in between the roof and the stand. This question has been asked already an the answer from the club is that to do this would be very expensive to put these panels in just to hang flags (IIRC you'd be looking at £2.5k per panel and you'd need 4 panels). You then have the standard H&S issues around fire safety etc etc and unfortunately its a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Howarth View Post
    What you are looking at is some kind of panels with hooks to fit in between the roof and the stand. This question has been asked already an the answer from the club is that to do this would be very expensive to put these panels in just to hang flags (IIRC you'd be looking at £2.5k per panel and you'd need 4 panels). You then have the standard H&S issues around fire safety etc etc and unfortunately its a no brainer.
    Ah that's disappointing but fair enough, at least we have a logical explanation now. Thanks for the reply and the explanation.

Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,

We've moved on since then, the latest was a cable system, and that's still something that's being explored. Mr Howarth - I'll pick your brains on it when I get chance!

@RedveeDotNet

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

I the meantime, why not just bring one or two and hang them over the barriers or chairs where there's space?
    It will remind people that this is still an ongoing issue...and that we quite like having flags!

Got A Season Ticket

why not just hold them up before the game before and when the players are coming out?

Learning All The Songs

I'll put in to getting a new one made with the message - we want all our flags up.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    I've got the flags - since Langtree opened I've been working with the club with regards to getting the flags displayed. In fairness to the club they've been absolute fantastic and have got out their way to help. We thought we had a solution where the flags could be displayed permanently but it's fell through due to problems with the flags themselves.

There is a potential solution that I've mooted in the last week, and I'll discuss properly with the club when I get chance.

If it comes off it might involve fans dipping into their pockets a little bit

Why don't we get someone to put them in the North Stand? Got to be better than shoving them in our end. Especially the one that's been given a run out before the game recently. Would look much better in my opinion.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Got A Season Ticket

What happened to the "Home Sweet Home" flag that was sent over from Oz?

Could the cost be covered by having a 'flag sponsor'- either every game or a whole season? I'm sure a local business would be found that would like that.

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

The flags a re a massive loss IMO. Loved them on the Pop Side back wall at KR, they are professionally done and really meaningful. The cladding is great but all those grey corrugated panels are just crying out to have the flags on them. Really hope it can happen somehow.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGunFunk View Post
    The flags a re a massive loss IMO. Loved them on the Pop Side back wall at KR, they are professionally done and really meaningful. The cladding is great but all those grey corrugated panels are just crying out to have the flags on them. Really hope it can happen somehow.
    Like Bronco has stated, the club have been very helpful in this matter and the Chairman and CEO would love to see them up at every home game, but the cost and H&S issues around attaching them to the steel columns are complicated. I believe the club are trying to sell the grey areas you mention as advertising space, to bring in some extra revenue.

Learning All The Songs

Get mine on the second row barrier and remove it each game, north stand, also keepr the draft off the legs of that row of fans so theyre happy without blocking anyones view

Learning All The Songs

Ask the player's to put some cash towards your flag problem. After some of their performances this season I don't see why not, infact get LMS to pay for it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainhillsaint View Post
    What happened to the "Home Sweet Home" flag that was sent over from Oz?
    Some idiot trusted Ski. Again...

Got A Season Ticket Gerrard Bridge's Avatar

Where is Ski ??

I've just realised I haven't heard from him in ages !!

I rest my case. QED

Learning All The Songs

My new Banner/flag

Learning All The Songs

raising the white flag eh?