Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Zak Hardaker

In The South Stand Paul Cullen's Mantra's Avatar

Default Zak Hardaker

if the allegations are true what is the potential punishment?
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"interfacing at the ruck"

"winning the go-forward"

"i thought we won the collision"

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cullen's Mantra View Post
    if the allegations are true what is the potential punishment?
    You don't even need to be a good lip reader to know what he said. I would expect at least a 1 game ban. Both codes of Rugby are renowned for the respect they have and show the referees, so for me he needs to be punished and made to apologise to the official.

I was wondering about it myself. Can't think of a similar case to compare it with!

https://vine.co/v/Md0egWOePWp

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    You don't even need to be a good lip reader to know what he said.
    It's blatant isn't it? You'd think Hardaker would have learned after being kicked out of the England camp but seemingly he hasn't.
    Last edited by Jamie's Boots; 2nd June 2014 at 20:57.

Learning All The Songs

Keighley player/coach Paul March was recently banned for 2 months by an RFL tribunal for verbally abusing match officials.

http://www.therfl.co.uk/news/article...with-two-month

A player in the Under 20 origin in Australia has also been done for homophobic comments to an opponent and got done 2 games.

I personally would like to see the book thrown at him, regardless of who he's said it to.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnythesaint View Post
    Keighley player/coach Paul March was recently banned for 2 months by an RFL tribunal for verbally abusing match officials.

http://www.therfl.co.uk/news/article...with-two-month

A player in the Under 20 origin in Australia has also been done for homophobic comments to an opponent and got done 2 games.

I personally would like to see the book thrown at him, regardless of who he's said it to.
    Can't disagree with that Jonny. We've always prided ourselves that in our game, the referee demands and receives total respect, unlike in the round ball game. I often think back to 'Sergeant Major' Eric Clay and wonder how he'd have reacted to some of the things which happen today!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

for most players 6 games minimum, a leeds player, 2 games max
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Noooobie

Does he say "Fu***** Fag"?

In The South Stand Paul Cullen's Mantra's Avatar

In recent times I have noted a distinct downturn in respect for referees. FWIW I have always looked on our game as hard but fair-a family orientated sport with strong values including respect. I think this incident epitomises that fall, but we shouldn't accept this. instead the authorities should stand up and meet this head on, making an example of such behaviour.
    I seem to remember Danny Brough using expletives at the final whistle of the CC game. Is this what we call sport?...Do we want to descend the depths?
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"interfacing at the ruck"

"winning the go-forward"

"i thought we won the collision"

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chishket33 View Post
    i think so. or f***ing faggot. some variant of that. either way it was a touch disrespectful.

the rfl need to make an example of him imo. rugby league is technically one of the greyest sports on the planet. if we get players questioning every decision in this manner it could get very ugly :/
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by Chishket33 View Post
    Yes, an American import. Like we don't have enough words of our own we could have used!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

He's quite clearly referring to an old fashioned culinary delight served with mash and a bit of gravy.

Would there be such hysteria if he'd referred to him as a pudding ?

Never mind the RFL, it goes higher than that. It's against the Equality Act 2010.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    He's quite clearly referring to an old fashioned culinary delight served with mash and a bit of gravy.

Or a t?@t or c**t ?

It's a strange world we live in isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post

I know what you're referring to. Only ever seen them once, they looked absolutely revolting!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BoldMiners View Post
    I know what you're referring to. Only ever seen them once, they looked absolutely revolting!
    It is made from meat off-cuts and offal, especially pork.it is traditionally made from pig's heart, liver and fatty belly meat or bacon minced together, with herbs added for flavouring and sometimes bread crumbs.Sounds lovely

The link below was posted on southstander.com. For those who are certain they know what Hardaker is saying please watch this clip - doesn't prove anything but very interesting, nevertheless.

http://youtu.be/G-lN8vWm3m0

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    It is made from meat off-cuts and offal, especially pork.it is traditionally made from pig's heart, liver and fatty belly meat or bacon minced together, with herbs added for flavouring and sometimes bread crumbs.Sounds lovely
    You make it sound tasty Kevin but it looks anything but appetising on the plate!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    The link below was posted on southstander.com. For those who are certain they know what Hardaker is saying please watch this clip - doesn't prove anything but very interesting, nevertheless.

http://youtu.be/G-lN8vWm3m0
    Then what they need to do is get someone to listen who has studied linguistics because I heard 'bar' and then I heard 'far' but apparently I was supposed to hear the same sound twice. I didn't bother listening to the rest of the clip as there was little point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie's Boots View Post
    Then what they need to do is get someone to listen who has studied linguistics because I heard 'bar' and then I heard 'far' but apparently I was supposed to hear the same sound twice. I didn't bother listening to the rest of the clip as there was little point.
    When I opened that link, it went to something called 'The McGurk Effect'!

The McGurk Effect is the key issue, apparently. The speaker is saying the same thing all of the time but the way we see it makes us think that different things are being said. When we cannot hear what is said but only see the lips move, the brain makes assumptions. As a consequence, while we all seem to think that Hardaker was ordering some Brains faggots with mushy peas, the reality might be different.

In The South Stand

Yeah. Never heard of it myself but from the first example they gave it seems their hypothesis is shaky at best because I had no problem telling the difference between the first two sounds as I heard them (as opposed to after I had heard them and were told they were different).

See post above - the McGurk Effect is the issue. I still think he's guilty of homophobia, however, but......

Banned

You make it sound tasty Kevin but it looks anything but appetising on the plate!
    It's ok nothing special but not awful,it is really the bits of meat you usually throw away,we used to have it often on the menu in work.

Yeah. Never heard of it myself but from the first example they gave it seems their hypothesis is shaky at best because I had no problem telling the difference between the first two sounds as I heard them (as opposed to after I had heard them and were told they were different).
    There are not two sounds, just one. If you listen but do not look at the picture this becomes clear. Anyway, I hope they find the shite guilty.