Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer News

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Brown is on big money at Widnes.
    Go back to my post on on 12th April to see who Saints were targeting.
    Just say it. It would have taken you longer to search back to see what date you posted the rumour on than it would have done to just name the player.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Quote Originally Posted by Village Saint View Post
    It wasn't his credentials I was questioning, I mean just because I haven't heard of him doesn't mean he is or he isn't well known.

What I was getting at is before he spun a 2/3 week old rumour I had never visited his twitter page or noticed him and now me and many others will have done. It's just a publicity stunt on his behalf more than it is an unveiling of news.

What I think has happened here is 2 weeks ago only Saints fans really read the article saying Walsh was happy and staying at the club, then a week later League Express newspaper read Saints fans talking about the article and reprinted 'news' and now people are trying to regurgitating the 'news' again. The 2 lines at the end of an interview by Saints seem to have slowly filtered down and been spun a little more and a little more over the past few weeks.

Luke looks pretty happy here with his Dad anyways
    (Source @engywalmsley)

Is this his little fella?

New signing making his debut......could just be Beaumont?
    Learned comment from The Don

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Just say it. It would have taken you longer to search back to see what date you posted the rumour on than it would have done to just name the player.
    He has said Burns a while ago to be fair Graham. I do know we are definitely interested in him so whoever Rogues has as his source is kosher

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    He has said Burns a while ago to be fair Graham. I do know we are definitely interested in him so whoever Rogues has as his source is kosher
    I'm not doubting his sources Stu, more questioning why he is leading us back to a previous post instead of just repeating it for us now.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Village Saint View Post
    It wasn't his credentials I was questioning, I mean just because I haven't heard of him doesn't mean he is or he isn't well known. What I was getting at is before he spun a 2/3 week old rumour I had never visited his twitter page or noticed him and now me and many others will have done. It's just a publicity stunt on his behalf more than it is an unveiling of news. What I think has happened here is 2 weeks ago only Saints fans really read the article saying Walsh was happy and staying at the club, then a week later League Express newspaper read Saints fans talking about the article and reprinted 'news' and now people are trying to regurgitating the 'news' again. The 2 lines at the end of an interview by Saints seem to have slowly filtered down and been spun a little more and a little more over the past few weeks. Luke looks pretty happy here with his Dad anyways (Source @engywalmsley)
    im guessing scarsbrooks bound, gagged and locked in a chest that they are both sat on. smiles all round
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Trust me, Rogues has impeccable sources. He doesn't reveal a fraction of his info on forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I'm not doubting his sources Stu, more questioning why he is leading us back to a previous post instead of just repeating it for us now.
    Fair enough mate

Unforgiven
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by BoldMiners View Post
    Trust me, Rogues has impeccable sources. He doesn't reveal a fraction of his info on forums!
    I would agree. He spouts rubbish to wind people up sometimes but to be fair to the guy he's pretty well connected.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

He's a very talented player with a fiery attitude and temper. I think he's the type of player we need and would compliment Walsh very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Still think the new signing making his debut will be Beaumont?
    Learned comment from The Don

In The South Stand

Walsh and Burns would be absolutely awesome. I wish it would happen, but can't see it unless we offer a tasty fee and KR are in financial trouble.

The Walsh leaving rumours are getting boring.

I can believe the Travis Burns rumours and if true would be great signing as he would add a lot of grit to the team, which at the moment is what we lack. However Burns in would suggest Hohaia out which could be more tricky.

Alex Gerard at Widnes was a rumour going round. He seems OK and makes more meters and does more tackling than a few players about. I also doubt this would get any journo excited.

Either way you would suspect that any signing announced now would be for next year not this year.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    He's a very talented player with a fiery attitude and temper. I think he's the type of player we need and would compliment Walsh very well.
    They've worked together before too, at Penrith (and are still buds), so that would help with getting a partnership going.

If it is a new signing a breakthrough would be a good player who lasts longer than four games before getting injured,like every good player we have signed since 2006.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tallahassee View Post
    If it is a new signing a breakthrough would be a good player who lasts longer than four games before getting injured,like every good player we have signed since 2006.

You asking for the moon?

I think more chance of getting the moon than a player lasting four games before crying off.

Unforgiven
    Non Members

Maybe Walsh's change of heart coincides with the Burns signing for next year? I don't know anything, just strikes me as odd he would choose to commit after rumblings of his leaving.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
    Maybe Walsh's change of heart coincides with the Burns signing for next year? I don't know anything, just strikes me as odd he would choose to commit after rumblings of his leaving.
    I can see where you are coming from. But Walsh has never asked to leave, or stated that he or his wife are homesick.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    I can see where you are coming from. But Walsh has never asked to leave, or stated that he or his wife are homesick.
    I'd love to know who started off that rumour originally! I'd personally give them a slap.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie's Boots View Post
    I'd love to know who started off that rumour originally! I'd personally give them a slap.
    I'm sure our Chairman, CEO, coach and the player himself would be ahead of you in the queue.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    You asking for the moon?
    Hes a quality player alright but cant see Leeds letting him go.

I'm here all week....

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tea-Ropati View Post
    Hes a quality player alright but cant see Leeds letting him go.

I'm here all week....

Curses Blackballed again

Unforgiven
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Fair enough Lex and I agree, if it's untrue as I believe it is, it's a scandalous rumour to start. Our energy needs to be concentrating on righting the calamity from Sunday not groundless rumours.

Nonetheless I do hope the Burns rumour has substance - the 2 of them could be ideal if we can get our pack to be Lions and not mice!

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Walsh and Burns would be absolutely awesome. I wish it would happen, but can't see it unless we offer a tasty fee and KR are in financial trouble.
    I was told it was Burns to replace Walsh, not to play with him.

In The West Stand Talk some sense!'s Avatar

My understanding is there's nothing in the Burns link.

That probably doesn't mean a great deal mind!
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)