Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil

Banned

had a good day yesterday.

over 1.5 first half goals in the Dutch game (6/4), over 1.5 first half goals (13/8) in the Spain game and over 3.5 goals in the Cameroon game. (12/5).

Nice 223 quid for a tenner. Pays for todays bets.

Gonna do over 1.5 first half goals in all 3 games today. Not as confident tho

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    Don't start on me with your moaning !

No, this has been a long running tête à tête between myself and Reacher.

Although, equally I could argue that he isn't their No.1 regardless, as his 1 cap through a 5 minute cameo at the end of a friendly demonstrates perfectly.

I never said he has been the No.1. I am saying that he will be now. I feel he should have been anyway however Casillas is treated like royalty in Spain despite being average for some time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I never said he has been the No.1. I am saying that he will be now. I feel he should have been anyway however Casillas is treated like royalty in Spain despite being average for some time.
    Quite a few of the Spanish side will be replaced by younger models. Casillas has been absolutely untouchable similar to Rooney for England, neither worthy of a starting 11 position anymore

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post
    had a good day yesterday.

over 1.5 first half goals in the Dutch game (6/4), over 1.5 first half goals (13/8) in the Spain game and over 3.5 goals in the Cameroon game. (12/5).

Nice 223 quid for a tenner. Pays for todays bets.

Gonna do over 1.5 first half goals in all 3 games today. Not as confident tho
    Nice mate. I lumped on Holland at 2-2 and also had The Fugue to beat Treve at Ascot

Banned

Nice mate. I lumped on Holland at 2-2 and also had The Fugue to beat Treve at Ascot
    The Fugue is my favourite flat horse. I didnt even have a bet in the race. Just watched it. Had a big bet on it last year when Al Kazeem beat her. I was gutted four out yesterday, was only going to be one winner

What do we think of tonight game? England to win and both teams to score is 3/1. Tempting

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

What do we think of tonight game? England to win and both teams to score is 3/1. Tempting
    I think that's a decent bet. I can't see them not scoring, that's for sure.

I'd probably make them slight favourites, even with their poor first showing. England will have to be good tonight IMO to stay in the competition.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post
    Quite a few of the Spanish side will be replaced by younger models. Casillas has been absolutely untouchable similar to Rooney for England, neither worthy of a starting 11 position anymore
    As I’ve been saying for the last fourteen months, Tika-Taka is dead and those that employ it need to move on. Football formation and tactic fashions move on very quickly, and if you persist playing the way you played in the past then you quickly get found out.

Spain were a wonderful side, you could argue the best of all time, but that time has gone now. They need to re-build and they need to do so with players who are more adaptable to playing the faster, more attacking and more exciting game that we see now.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    As I’ve been saying for the last fourteen months, Tika-Taka is dead and those that employ it need to move on. Football formation and tactic fashions move on very quickly, and if you persist playing the way you played in the past then you quickly get found out.

Spain were a wonderful side, you could argue the best of all time, but that time has gone now. They need to re-build and they need to do so with players who are more adaptable to playing the faster, more attacking and more exciting game that we see now.
    Fortunately for them, their U21's, U19's and U17's are all European Champions.

Banned

Fancy England strong. Uruguays defence is embarrassing. If Suarez plays he cant be fit. He is their only hope. Cavani is quick and a good finisher but he is as average technically as you can get. When they play him wide he sulks.

My bet is Gerrard anytime at 4/1. That Lugano is a yard dog and will give away a penalty. 4-1 England

In The West Stand Talk some sense!'s Avatar

Maybe. Not convinced managers expected to compete at a World Cup pick teams on the basis of their reputation.
    Del Bosque certainly went on reputation.

Koke should have started both games but was overlooked for the tried and tested xavi & Alonso.

There's no doubts at all in my mind that DDG in goal would have been much better for Spain.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Talk some sense! View Post
    Del Bosque certainly went on reputation.

Koke should have started both games but was overlooked for the tried and tested xavi & Alonso.

There's no doubts at all in my mind that DDG in goal would have been much better for Spain.

Dropped Xavi and Pique last night........

In The West Stand Talk some sense!'s Avatar

Dropped Xavi and Pique last night........
    I know but I'd say that akin to shutting the stable door after the horse had bolted, Casillas would have been dropped too I expect had DDG been fit

The team should have gone into the WC with the players in form playing, xavi has been hit and miss for me this season, casillas has hardly played and just going with koke & DDG from the off would for me have seen them still in the comp.

The holland game ruined them mentally, for Spain now there has to be a changing of the guard. Spain have plenty of bright young talent and they'll not go far wrong by using that. Koke is the one that would most frustrate me if I were a spaniard. He's been great this season and represents the future for them. It's a shame it's taken them being humbled to perhaps go that way.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)

Noooobie

I couldn't call the match one way or the other. England could win 3-0 but equally could lose by the same score. Attacking wise both teams are in their element. I couldn't predict the outcome but I do predict lots of goals in this one (unless negative Nora Hodgson gets his claws into the team).

Watching Columbia v Ivory Coast here, great second half. Some of the games you think you'd skip turn out to be belters.

Get Rooney off the field.

Get Rooney off the field.
    Yeah the only player that gives 100% - get him off. Get more losers on!

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    Don't talk wet. He was absolutely atrocious. Didn't work at all for the team in that first half. Didn't press. Didn't offer himself for a pass. Didn't run a channel. Nothing. Just sat up there and did nothing. Living off a reputation built in the past. As ever, it'll all be ignored because he scored a tap in and daft Mancs will keep telling themselves he's this and that. Taking Sterling off and leaving him on was one of the most head scratching calls I think I've ever seen.

Poor team selection, diabolical performance all round. Defensively we are shocking. End of the road for a good few of them I hope.

Rooney was good though, 40 England goals now - great stuff

Got A Season Ticket

He needed 3 chances to score 1 goal tonight and missed another great chance against Italy. Suarez 2 chances 2 goals. Balotelli 1 chance 1 goal.

Was he the worst player? Probably not, I'd give that award to Gerrard across both games if I'm honest but if you're taking home £300k a week and miss those chances it's not good enough. Giving 100% does not excuse his performances.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Nator View Post
    He needed 3 chances to score 1 goal tonight and missed another great chance against Italy. Suarez 2 chances 2 goals. Balotelli 1 chance 1 goal.

Was he the worst player? Probably not, I'd give that award to Gerrard across both games if I'm honest but if you're taking home £300k a week and miss those chances it's not good enough. Giving 100% does not excuse his performances.
    He doesn't give 100% for me. He's actually incredibly lazy if you watch him when we don't have the ball. He point blank refuses to press.

Gerrard was appalling as well. He works hard though. His issue is that teams don't sit off like they do against Liverpool and let him pick a pass. He gets pressed all day and gets caught out. I can deal with a guy making a mistake but working his backside off though. Laziness is intolerable at this level of football.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Nator View Post

Four chances for Suarez but keep making things up if it suits your argument

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

Default saints and england

Saints are like england promise the world when it matters deliver nothing....... wayne rooney is the new lms... donkeys

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    Saints are like england promise the world when it matters deliver nothing....... wayne rooney is the new lms... donkeys
    Football Supporters like Rugby League are all about their local teams,I know people in Chester that would rather they would their Mickey Mouse League than England won the World Cup,there are Liverpool supporters made up tonight that the Buck Toothed one scored twice,International Football/ Rugby League should be the pinnacle sadly it isn't and there lies the problem for both sports.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Rooney was good though, 40 England goals now - great stuff
    To be fair, we saw the difference in a good striker and a world class one tonight. Rooney had to miss what was a sitter before scoring his first ever goal on the big stage, a tap in. Suarez and Balotelli are just better finishers. World class finishers. Rooney is not.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    To be fair, we saw the difference in a good striker and a world class one tonight. Rooney had to miss what was a sitter before scoring his first ever goal on the big stage, a tap in. Suarez and Balotelli are just better finishers. World class finishers. Rooney is not.
    I agree. England have no world class players - Rooney is the best they have and he is good but not world class

Lallana is the only player England have with any technical proficiency and he doesn't even play

Even so they have done better than I expected by scoring in both games