Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ' Flexible' Muti Match tickets

Learning All The Songs

All the multi-flexi tickets could ever be is pre-paid unreserved seat. Nothing more. And if somebody gets to that seat and pays cash tough on you sit elsewhere or be locked out. Nothing else would work on a practical basis.

So the flexi ticket is just a way of giving Saints a bit of money a bit earlier and maybe get a free game thrown in. Nothing could be 'reserved' seating for you.

I can see the pluses from Saints point of view and it might make a nice christmas present for the more occasional fan but I can't see it being a big seller.

Nevertheless still a good idea.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    All the multi-flexi tickets could ever be is pre-paid unreserved seat...
    I don't think it was intended as anything else, and it could be a big seller if the comments on here are anything to go by.

The club certainly need to look at this sort of deal (assuming they haven't already)

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I don't think it was intended as anything else, ...
    I was answering the first paragraph of DD's post above

Banned

I think this is a good idea

If we ever got to the point where we sold out games, then we'd have to worry

In view of the gaps in the North & South Stands, I would relocate away fans into the end blocks of these stands

This increases our revenues because we charge more for these seats

That then leaves the East Stand available for this sort of flexible ticket

I'd suggest that you have to use it before 30 minutes before kick off to be guaranteed entry, after that time, you queue and take your chance

I'd also suggest that it's 10 entries for say £150, so that can be you 10 times at different games or yourself and 9 mates at one game or any combination

Means you are more likely to invite people along

it's a common idea in baseball (I know, with 81 home games in a season it is realistic that very few people will attend every game). The Chicago White Sox offer a variety of packages where you identify which games suit you at the time of purchase.

one option is that they split their games by the calendar so you would be limited if the fixture list throws up back-to-back home games vs the Pies, wolfs, whinos (but that wouldn't happen!)

I feel that Div is onto a decent idea, but as a previous reply identified - will it hit the season ticket sales?

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

I think so long as the ticket is not a priority ticket and unreserved it could work.

If you get to the point of a sell out, it's first come first served. If a walk up gets to the turnstile first, then their cash is taken and the ticket cannot be used. People would be told in advance when they buy the ticket, that it does not guarantee you entry. It just offers a discount. Saints did do something similar last year if I recall where you could buy for 5 specific matches.

Last year the Wigan game was not a good Friday match. This year it is. When it's on a good Friday the sales have always been higher. I would suggest some kind of priority given to those wanting a ticket for the Wigan game, is given to those who purchase a ticket for the HULL KR match.

If you buy a ticket for the HULL KR match it gives you the right to buy a Wigan ticket a week or so prior to the Wigan tickets going on general sale. It would cost nothing to administer, simply produce you ticket stub to purchase a ticket for the Wigan match. It may push a 1000 more to the Hull KR game. Costing nothing but increasing sales for Hull KR, for peoples fear of missing out on Good Friday.

http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/201...e-1219715.aspx Already doing this at Birmingham City. No reason for it not to work at Saints!

Learning All The Songs

This is a good idea and to answer DD's point - just exclude the potential sell out games.

Unfortunately, the club can't get Junior season tickets online so I can't see them doing something as common sense as this.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoggy View Post
    This is a good idea and to answer DD's point - just exclude the potential sell out games.

Unfortunately, the club can't get Junior season tickets online so I can't see them doing something as common sense as this.
    They can but there is a problem with adults buying junior tickefs and using them fraudulently. There is a lesser chance of controlling this online.

Noooobie

Original idea is good, but no matter what offers the club throws out this season you can guarantee the marketing will be absolutely tosh. If you're not a fan already in the circle of supporters who actively follows what's going on I can't see how an offer like this would get across to someone. Although, Saints have done well rallying sales for Roby's testimonial so hopefully we'll see an improvement...

This would be great idea. I had 3 season tickets for myself and my 2 lads but had to give them up. They are very good value for money and perfect for most people who live in the area, but for me using them involves a 60 mile round trip, so the costs jump a lot. Petrol is not cheap and it was costing me more and more to get to the games. A ticket like this would give me a lot more flexibility and at least we'd get to some games. I really miss watching Saints but with the present system it costs me too much.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post

They can but there is a problem with adults buying junior tickefs and using them fraudulently. There is a lesser chance of controlling this online.
    I'm unsure how making you attend the ground completely negates this though. I have to take the child with me to prove its for a child?

What then stops an adult using it later on?

As an out of towner it is a major inconvenience, so much so I am not going to bother and just pick my games, which is why your idea works for me

Although therefore consequence of your idea is that less people buy full season tickets

I'm unsure how making you attend the ground completely negates this though. I have to take the child with me to prove its for a child?

What then stops an adult using it later on?

As an out of towner it is a major inconvenience, so much so I am not going to bother and just pick my games, which is why your idea works for me

Although therefore consequence of your idea is that less people buy full season tickets

I'm not sure it does completely negate it but I think the feeling is it is less likely if people have to show up and can be asked questions and / or for proof of ID or date of birth. I understand your frustration but it is a real problem for the club with the automated turnstiles. The stewards do try to challenge people were abuse is obvious and I have been told that there have been several instances of violent behaviour when people have been sussed out. The club did actually prosecute a number of people last season.

Its a sad state of affairs when people are effectively robbing their own club and your situation is an unfortunate consequence. I'm not sure what the solution is- you can have a concessions exclusive turnstile and man it but then parents and kids would have to be in separate queues and that also causes issues in itself.

I did suggest that was also a possible outcome. I think launching this offer late would ensure season ticket sales to be maximised first and foremost and these would be additional sales. I just think it will be worth a go and if its doesn't provide a major benefit then they don't have to repeat it has to be worth a pop.

Personally I think we will go really well this season and that more than anything along with a sensible competition structure for 2015 will boost ticket sales.

Got A Season Ticket

Wire do a voucher scheme were you buy 6 tickets I think it is and you exchange them through the season but you have to buy them before sometime at beginning of january and if you dont exchange all of tickets there no eefund at end of season and must be used in stand you purchase for and only if available not sold out