Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Pubs in Liverpool City Centre

Starting A Programme Collection BigMatt's Avatar

Default Pubs in Liverpool City Centre

Hi All. Want to pick the peoples brains who frequent Liverpool's watering holes. I am paying a trip back up to Liverpool on Saturday night so wouldn't mind a few ideas on where to visit. Not been out in Liverpool for years so help would be appreciated! Any pretentious places I would like to avoid! :-)

Cheers

Matt

I could recommend some great real ale pubs but not really sure what kind of place your looking for. If you give us a clue I might recommend some.

If you plan on watching the GF then The Fly in the Loaf would be a cert to have it on.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I could recommend some great real ale pubs but not really sure what kind of place your looking for. If you give us a clue I might recommend some.

If you plan on watching the GF then The Fly in the Loaf would be a cert to have it on.
    Wash it down with a few Erdingers

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post
    Wash it down with a few Erdingers

..then try and stay upright.

I'm a bitter/ale man myself.

I am just short of 39 yo so the bouncing kids places are not really what I am after - just some nice pubs/bars that aren't stupidly loud that you have to perforate someones ear drums to talk - may try and catch the GF as we go along - the better half isn't the biggest RL fan so not best to start the night off making her watch the GF! (Will record this at home!) It is only W***n! ;-)

May head towards Mathew Street etc and have a few down there! Is there one main place these days or are they spread out - or do we hit the Albert Dock and stay round there?

Also do I avoid St Helens? Again not been there for years either!!!! - think it was just before I left for Uni when I was 19!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BigMatt View Post
    Also do I avoid St Helens? Again not been there for years either!!!! - think it was just before I left for Uni when I was 19!
    Not too bad at the moment if u stick to Market, Java and Westfields or Duke St if I am honest. Not seen any trouble for ages

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMatt View Post
    I am just short of 39 yo so the bouncing kids places are not really what I am after - just some nice pubs/bars that aren't stupidly loud that you have to perforate someones ear drums to talk - may try and catch the GF as we go along - the better half isn't the biggest RL fan so not best to start the night off making her watch the GF! (Will record this at home!) It is only W***n! ;-)

May head towards Mathew Street etc and have a few down there! Is there one main place these days or are they spread out - or do we hit the Albert Dock and stay round there?
    Avoid Mathew Street, Concert Square and Bold Street if you don't want shit noise.

The Fly in the Loaf will definitely have the RL on but it will be secondary to the football. It's also a good place for unwanted noise avoidance as is the Philarmonic just up the hill.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Search out "Ye Cracke" on Rice Street. Very laid back place with good people. Near to Fly in the loaf and the Phili. Also the dispensary is a good real ale place.
    But then there breaks a yet more glorious day:
    The saints triumphant rise in bright array;
    The King of glory passes on his way.
    Alleluia! Alleluia!

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Avoid Mathew Street, Concert Square and Bold Street if you don't want shit noise.
    I was thinking the likes of Flanagans and The Cavern - they used to be OK but as I said not been for years. Is shit noise modern stuff or 'old stuff'!

Matthew Street is really bad ! If staggering, vomiting people is your bag then do it!
    But then there breaks a yet more glorious day:
    The saints triumphant rise in bright array;
    The King of glory passes on his way.
    Alleluia! Alleluia!

Dispensary is best ale house...nice bars nearby Bier on Newington and The Shipping Forecast on Slater Street.

Bee Hive on Paradise Street opposite McDonalds on Church St/Lord Street corner. It's a proper pub.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Dispensary is best ale house...nice bars nearby Bier on Newington and The Shipping Forecast on Slater Street.
    i was in the shipping forecast the other week, decent enough on a friday afternoon and estrella on draught which was a bonus. i was a bit disappointed to see the jackaranda had closed, had many a god day night in there but here probably isn't the place to discuss such debauchery.

i also like the blue bar & grill or alma de cuba if i'm with her.