Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon Wilkin

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Dreadful support. Must have been 500 saints fans. So 4700 Huddersfield is pitiful

As a sliding defender even as a kid you're told to trust your inside man. Percival did that and Wilkin made him look a fool for it.

There were plenty of poor players today, but from a veteran like Wilkin I think its tougher to take.

Learning All The Songs yogi bear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ande View Post
    As a sliding defender even as a kid you're told to trust your inside man. Percival did that and Wilkin made him look a fool for it.
    Spot on - I'm getting really sick of Gardner getting sucked infield ( eg first try tonight and a couple for Riley last week) . He should be staying out and trust his inside defenders .

1 point for scapegoat Gardner

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by yogi bear View Post
    Spot on - I'm getting really sick of Gardner getting sucked infield ( eg first try tonight and a couple for Riley last week) . He should be staying out and trust his inside defenders .

1 point for scapegoat Gardner

Gardner's been doing that for years. Why should he change now. He's even been offered a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyl View Post
    so, that is one point for Wilkin in the escape goat table.

Any more for any more?
    Escape goat?

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    Britain's Got Talent
    Can Saints get some?
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Banned

Not made the England and rightfully so.

Although how Burrow/Morley/Mossop and Roby are in is beyond me. Burrow has had a shocking season and I would be surprised if the other 3 have 10 games between them in the last 2 months.

Danny Houghton must be slotting McNamara's missus to not get a look in

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post
    Not made the England and rightfully so.
    Agreed.

Although how Burrow/Morley/Mossop and Roby are in is beyond me. Burrow has had a shocking season and I would be surprised if the other 3 have 10 games between them in the last 2 months.

Danny Houghton must be slotting McNamara's missus to not get a look in
    Presumably he is using the Exiles game as prep for the world cup (as opposed to last season when he was supposed to be using the games to give players a chance, which he messed up but never mind). Assuming my presumption correct, if Robes is fit enough then he should play as we don't get another chance to practice as a national team. However, I think it would have been wise to include Danny Houghton not as an either/or but as an addition, to interchange with Robes, not just against the Exiles but as practice for the World Cup. To ask Robes to play 80 minutes at that level is not only ridiculous but irresponsible IMO.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie's Boots View Post
    Agreed.

Presumably he is using the Exiles game as prep for the world cup (as opposed to last season when he was supposed to be using the games to give players a chance, which he messed up but never mind). Assuming my presumption correct, if Robes is fit enough then he should play as we don't get another chance to practice as a national team. However, I think it would have been wise to include Danny Houghton not as an either/or but as an addition, to interchange with Robes, not just against the Exiles but as practice for the World Cup. To ask Robes to play 80 minutes at that level is not only ridiculous but irresponsible IMO.
    Burrow will be the interchange 9. even the Leeds fans want him dropping with his form being so bad. Has he only scored 1 try all season???

Burrow will be the interchange 9. even the Leeds fans want him dropping with his form being so bad. Has he only scored 1 try all season???
    He's been garbage. As has Sinfield. And how long does Morley think he can cut it at this level!

In The South Stand

Oh yeah. Forgot about him. Oh dear.

That's all I can say on that one really!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by BoldMiners View Post
    He's been garbage. As has Sinfield. And how long does Morley think he can cut it at this level!
    I'm not sure Morley will get a look in come the world cup, what with the two Burgess brothers creating a storm and Jammer going as well as ever. If they all retain their fitness and add in Crabtree and maybe one of the Wigan forwards, I would imagine Morley will be reserve only.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie's Boots View Post
    I'm not sure Morley will get a look in come the world cup, what with the two Burgess brothers creating a storm and Jammer going as well as ever. If they all retain their fitness and add in Crabtree and maybe one of the Wigan forwards, I would imagine Morley will be reserve only.
    Morley shouldn't be on the team bus with those players!

Noooobie

Fact is Wilkin is supposed to be one of the more experienced players out there. He put Percival in a horrible position for that try and gave away some needless penalties because he was frustrated with how the team and he was playing. He knows as well as anyone that both he and the club can do much better than what their current form belies.

Banned

Did Danny brough give the £100 to Jon Wilkins testimonial.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by sarava View Post
    its not Wilkins testimonial this year is it?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyl View Post

its not Wilkins testimonial this year is it?
    hes setting a new trend. before jon wilkin, testimonials were every ten years. now, they drag on for ten years
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Got A Season Ticket

he handed the cheque to wilkins and he dropped it

Banned

How dare macmathingymajig not pick jon. Doesnt he realise that jon is 'the special one' in his own mind. Jon will be bitterly dissapointed because he was hoping to sell some of his 'Jon Wilkin -ash trays' 'Jon Wilkin - lamp shades' 'Jon wilkin - runs his blood to water chemistry sets' 'Jon Wilkin -wheeltrims for wheelchairs' 'Jon Wilkin-exterior paint' 'Jon Wilkin-sings sadcafes greatest hits' 'Jon Wilkin -my testimonial box set dvd's' to all of the players and fans at the exilies game. Now he's going to have to put them all in the massive warehouse with the jw12 testimonial shirts and framed (mahogony) pictures of jw12, he couldnt sell.

Wilkins still has more to offer than you ever have or will though, sarava.

Learning All The Songs MancSaint's Avatar

How dare macmathingymajig not pick jon. Doesnt he realise that jon is 'the special one' in his own mind. Jon will be bitterly dissapointed because he was hoping to sell some of his 'Jon Wilkin -ash trays' 'Jon Wilkin - lamp shades' 'Jon wilkin - runs his blood to water chemistry sets' 'Jon Wilkin -wheeltrims for wheelchairs' 'Jon Wilkin-exterior paint' 'Jon Wilkin-sings sadcafes greatest hits' 'Jon Wilkin -my testimonial box set dvd's' to all of the players and fans at the exilies game. Now he's going to have to put them all in the massive warehouse with the jw12 testimonial shirts and framed (mahogony) pictures of jw12, he couldnt sell.
    I swear to God that Sarava cannot be a real person. It's just a chimpanzee sat in front of a computer banging away on the keys and the spell-check is doing its best to keep up and sort it all into coherent sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by MancSaint View Post
    I swear to God that Sarava cannot be a real person. It's just a chimpanzee sat in front of a computer banging away on the keys and the spell-check is doing its best to keep up and sort it all into coherent sentences.
    You can't expect the complete works of Dickens overnight!😄

Learning All The Songs MancSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BoldMiners View Post
    You can't expect the complete works of Dickens overnight!
    Haha very true Sir
    With Sarava we'll settle for 'The Abridged Works of A Dick"

You will probably find Jon Wilkin commentating for some channel come the exile game. This guys bow has many, many strings.

Learning All The Songs

Top game from Wilkin today - sure it must help not having to do everyone else's job. Sure it wont be good enough for some thougb!