Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Luke Walsh

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by saintokell View Post
    How many of them will be there soon, will u end up with the most kids working elsewhere than in your own academy/1st team? We cant be that far behind bar foreign players this year and league position?
    We will rise again, we fell near the end several times in last few years and being top has helped you how exactely-any major trophy?

SaintOkell, COYS

Well we've just had another eight selected for the England U18 academy to play France, so the production line is looking good.
    http://therfl.co.uk/news/article/276...-name-squad-to

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Great Day for RL View Post

As a saints supporter it pains me to say Wigan have it absolutely right with regard to their academy set up and how the flood the 1st team with quality talent. I believe they have an other young fullback in waiting to take over from Tomkins? Manfredi if suppose to be a talent? Leeds also lead the way. I would of preferred Gaskell to be given 6 and let him have a proper shot but maybe Walsh will give us something we are missing and help bring on our young half backs.

Our young lads that had made debuted this year have done because we have had a shocking injury list, that is the only reason.
    But you take away from the fact that they stood up and have counted-maybe nt won bt have played well? Wasnt attempting to detract from their youngsters just pointing out that we have decent kids too

SaintOkell, COYS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    A team with more home grown academy players, less overseas players per game and sitting on top of the league. That'll do me.
    You were making the same claims last year............and still won sod all..so good for you if your happy with that !!!!!

Learning All The Songs

Well we've just had another eight selected for the England U18 academy to play France, so the production line is looking good.
    As I stated- I wonder how many will be there after 1,maybe 2 years-telling me they will be in england team is fantastic but I did NOT state they were nt good enough merely referred to how many are retained going off previous experience-out of interest, do you think you will retain more now due to the nrl cap or because they will be good enough anyway?genuine worries, nt a pee take?

SaintOkell, COYS

Learning All The Songs

St Helens and Wigan fans arguing about academies is downright pointless. Both have fantastic youth development projects. Look at the current squads:
    Wigan- Tomkins, Charnley, Goulding, Hughes, McIlorum, Mossop, Farrell, O'Loughlin, Hansen, Flower, Tuson, Thornley etc etc
    St Helens- Wellens, Lomax, Roby, Clough, Jones, Makinson, Greenwood, Swift, Percival etc etc

plus Flanagan and Smith who've switch over

and that's not including the likes of Gareth Hock, Chris Ashton, Kyle Eastmond and James Graham who have moved on

Got A Season Ticket Gerrard Bridge's Avatar

What has this got to do with "Luke Walsh" ??

Stop Hijacking threads and stick to your "GOON" page ... or do something less boring instead !!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Ah, another d1ck measuring contest instigated by RG. Fancy that.

Wigan have produced one superstar and the rest are just decent, nothing more. Take that superstar out of the Wigan side and they're very average (as the stats conclusively show). Although, I'll admit that it is admirable that you are able to replace the likes of Brett Finch and Gareth Hock with such brilliant young home grown talent such as Blake Green and Andy Powell. Similarly, the media today says you're aiming to replace Lee Mossop with Mickey Paea. Thats one hell of a supreme youth set up you've got going on.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by covsaint1972 View Post
    Would of Walsh played alongside TP and if so I wonder what he thought of him? He would of played alongside TP's brother Frank. Has this played any part?
    I imagine NB would of done his homework on his ability as well as his character, which is just as important. NB needs him here for the long haul as he will reflect massively on him in my opinion. NB went out and bought Brough not long after taking over at the Giants so I will trust his judgement.
    COYS!!
    Maybe they sought the opinion of Royce Simmons ?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

There are Hull supporters suggesting that we offered 3 times as much for Walsh as they did. I'm guessing that your average overseas player must be on £150,000 per year give or take ? That would suggest that we've probably made him the highest paid player in the SL ?

I'm not having that at all.

Unforgiven
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    Ah, another d1ck measuring contest instigated by RG. Fancy that.

Wigan have produced one superstar and the rest are just decent, nothing more. Take that superstar out of the Wigan side and they're very average (as the stats conclusively show). Although, I'll admit that it is admirable that you are able to replace the likes of Brett Finch and Gareth Hock with such brilliant young home grown talent such as Blake Green and Andy Powell. Similarly, the media today says you're aiming to replace Lee Mossop with Mickey Paea. Thats one hell of a supreme youth set up you've got going on.
    Yep it's funny how the old Wigan arrogance has surfaced again isn't it; hard as he tries to dress it up as trolling? It was only a few years ago that they were nearly relegated and in a much poorer state than we have ever been in despite our current predicament.

Sport is cyclical and you think he'd learn wouldn't you. I'm saving a lot of his smug posts for when it happens next time (probably commencing when Bunnykins leaves next year) so I can remind him of how 'good' they are and (as you so eloquently put it) how big his d1ck is then.

That's if he's here of course......

I'm happy with the noises coming out of LP and content to take a long term view. We have a 3 - 5 year rebuilding job on our hands not 3 - 5 weeks and NB is, in my view, a pretty smart guy who will be putting on a brave face and kicking whoever he needs to in order to get what he wants team wise. We need a 7 and it sounds like he's gone out and got one so the chances are he knows what else we need too.....and I've no doubt he'll get it. I'll judge him then.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by stoneislander View Post
    You were making the same claims last year............and still won sod all..so good for you if your happy with that !!!!!
    Imagine how bad it would be if you supported a team that had only won the Super League twice. No wonder the old buffoon goes round hijacking threads 😎

Starting A Programme Collection Village Saint's Avatar

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    There are Hull supporters suggesting that we offered 3 times as much for Walsh as they did. I'm guessing that your average overseas player must be on £150,000 per year give or take ? That would suggest that we've probably made him the highest paid player in the SL ?

I'm not having that at all.
    Do not believe this, of course if a player decided to go x club instead of y the fans of the club that missed out would claim it is because he was offered a fortune and had to take it instead of going to them (implying he really wanted to go their club but money talks and he had to go with another!)

Shifting the blame from yourself to another reason is a coping mechanism for missing opportunities!

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post

That's if he's here of course......
    I didn't realise he was that ​old

Unforgiven
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by N0.1 Saint View Post
    I didn't realise he was that ​old
    Ha - just realised you could read it that way. I'd never let it get personal and wish that....even on a silly old Pie with an attitude

Redvee Founder & Editor in Chief,
    Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,
    and Media Whore. Call me.

A 25year old Aussie who's been good enough to play 100+ games at half back over the last 5years in the NRL. With the standard of our league he'll absolutely tear it apart

@RedveeDotNet

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    A 25year old Aussie who's been good enough to play 100+ games at half back over the last 5years in the NRL. With the standard of our league he'll absolutely tear it apart
    Shall we sign him first?

Banned

On the subject of Walsh he looks decent enough and I applaud Saints on finally snapping someone up and cracking on with the stadium work - at last, a bit of urgency.

On another note, quite why we have RG banging on about the fact that young Billy Joe from Platt Waz and Fred from Goose Green are coming through is beyond me. Is this the same club that's won 1 SL title in the last 15 years or so?

As I've said before, not ar$ed about Wigan U18's or any other - the attrition rate between good academy and good first teamer is too high to get bogged own in detail.

Still good luck to the old fella. Perhaps they've got someone up their sleeve when Tomkins gets injured again ...?

Noooobie

http://www.leaguefreak.com/a-look-at...t-helens-4301/

Interesting article from League Freak

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_DAB View Post

Doesnt sound great really but maybe Brown could mould him into the type of sh we need if, hwever, it is Brown who wants to sign him?

Starting A Programme Collection Village Saint's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_DAB View Post

Sounds like a pretty honest article, really hope we can get him signed up.
    Although as pointed out he has some issues with attacking the line, I think with reduced pressure (especially popular media such as newspapers and tv) he could hopefully move towards his potential.
    In the contex of our current squad having a halfback will also improve us massively as we currently DO NOT HAVE ANY!

I don't think (if we get him) its gonna be the greatest signing in the world but get him a decent No. 6 to boot and it'll do for now. I pray for the day we get a superstar halfback however we all know there aren't many about.

I just hope if he comes that he'll be one of those NRL stars that get BETTER when they arrive in SL. Hes young enough to still care and have that desire and enthusiasm. Here's to hoping.
    Hobbies include rewiring microwave ovens and meeting firemen.

Nolite te B*stards Carborundorum

@AJ_1878

I find it strange the reaction to the most important signing for a few years that will shape Saints for the next couple of years.

Walsh - We know he is not all that. Well as long he's not too shit , its better than having nobody.

All the views from OZ are decidedly luke warm.

The signing of a SH should cause excitement and anticipation surely? I know we can't secure cooper Cronk but even so.

Seems like we are already conditioning ourselves for a scrum half equivalent of Chris Flannery (on top dollar),

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    I find it strange the reaction to the most important signing for a few years that will shape Saints for the next couple of years.

Walsh - We know he is not all that. Well as long he's not too shit , its better than having nobody.

All the views from OZ are decidedly luke warm.

The signing of a SH should cause excitement and anticipation surely? I know we can't secure cooper Cronk but even so.

Seems like we are already conditioning ourselves for a scrum half equivalent of Chris Flannery (on top dollar),
    I think it's because of the general black cloud around the club at the moment. If I'm being honest reading all the stuff on him he seem more like a typical Wigan scrumhalf rather than whats Saints normally go for but beggars cant be choosers

Learning All The Songs

He will probably be the best scrum half in Super League , remember Dobson could not get a contract in Aus !!!
    Last edited by french and conlon; 4th May 2013 at 18:54.

Learning All The Songs

if i remember rightly. Jamie Lyon came in for some negative comments from certain members of the press, before he became the best overseas signing to play in SL.

if we sign this guy???? i hope he becomes a success.
    CSM Services for all your Fork-Lift Truck requirements.

Ring me, Peter or Jim on 01257 424548.lol