Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Luke Walsh

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    I thought he was playing for Swinton at Leigh tonight.
    Yes he is against our friends at whitehaven game

SaintOkell, COYS

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    I thought he was playing for Swinton at Leigh tonight.
    you are spot on read it on bbc sport earlier they have now changed it to swinton typical of bbc .

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy h View Post
    you are spot on read it on bbc sport earlier they have now changed it to swinton typical of bbc .
    and Swinton won with the help of Briers

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

Starting A Programme Collection Bainsey's Avatar

According to "The Mole" account on Twitter he is more than likely on his way to Saints next season after all...

BREAKING: Luke Walsh to be released by @PenrithPanthers for 2014. Off to UK - probably St Helens

https://twitter.com/RLW_Mole/status/330274615366676480

Learning All The Songs

Just been mentioned in the radio commentary of the Bulldogs v Tigers game that Walsh will be released by Penrith and is heading to England.

Learning All The Songs

Walsh supposed to have asked for an early release from contract, not sure how early but they have stated he said cos he wants in at Saints- NRL gossip

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

This looks pretty much nailed on now. I think its a good move. A half on the fringes of an NRL first team should be more than good enough to play in our competition. The biggest benefit is that the one thing everybody that comments on Walsh says is that he has a good kicking game. That alone should improve us enormously. Watched a couple of highlights and I think he looks a decent player.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by saintokell View Post
    Walsh supposed to have asked for an early release from contract, not sure how early but they have stated he said cos he wants in at Saints- NRL gossip
    I presume it'll be for next season as Saints are maxed out on quota spots.

In The West Stand Talk some sense!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    This looks pretty much nailed on now. I think its a good move. A half on the fringes of an NRL first team should be more than good enough to play in our competition. The biggest benefit is that the one thing everybody that comments on Walsh says is that he has a good kicking game. That alone should improve us enormously. Watched a couple of highlights and I think he looks a decent player.
    Agreed, and whilst they should more than good enough to play over here and make an impression (Duruea/Dobson past examples), it's sadly a case that thsi is more often than not going to be the best we can get from Aus. Any player with the ability to play regular first team will stay over there for the money so we're going to have to take 'risks' on fringe players. Who themselves will no doubt be looking to prove themselves with a view to getting a first team spot back in Aus.

Learning All The Songs

Is this a swap for a certain Kiwi who is not really finding his own spot in the team at the moment? Hi ho!

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    Is this a swap for a certain Kiwi who is not really finding his own spot in the team at the moment? Hi ho!
    Or Meli? Or does he not count because he's been at saints for 8yrs? I'm not Hohaia's biggest fan but Personally I'd like to see how he goes with a genuine scrum half next to him,

Banned

Shipping out a young English talent like Gaskell to replace him with a no name overseas player. Who'd have thought it??? haha

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Or Meli? Or does he not count because he's been at saints for 8yrs? I'm not Hohaia's biggest fan but Personally I'd like to see how he goes with a genuine scrum half next to him,
    One of Hohaia, Puletua, Laffranchi, Perry or Soliola will have to go to make way for Walsh and I can't see us being in the financial position to release one of them now while bringing in another wage on top of it. It'll be for 2014 if it's confirmed at all.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post
    Shipping out a young English talent like Gaskell to replace him with a no name overseas player. Who'd have thought it??? haha
    A page from Wigans book eh?

I was going to say a page from the team you support but I'm not sure the definition of support is never attend and spend your life on here

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Of course, its not like Saints ever give a chance to young kids at all is it really ? There have only been something like 5 debutants under the age of 19 this season already.

If you're going to fish, at least do it decently.

Starting A Programme Collection Village Saint's Avatar

Red face

Shipping out a young English talent like G̶a̶s̶k̶e̶l̶l̶ Mossop to replace him with a n̶o̶ ̶n̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶s̶e̶a̶s̶ washed up old Rugby Union player. Who'd have thought it??? haha

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Village Saint View Post
    Shipping out a young English talent like G̶a̶s̶k̶e̶l̶l̶ Mossop to replace him with a n̶o̶ ̶n̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶s̶e̶a̶s̶ washed up old Rugby Union player. Who'd have thought it??? haha
    Brilliant!!
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

Nowhere near as good as letting two decent halves from foreign places go and picking two players of lesser quality, IMO of course

SaintOkell, COYS

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    A page from Wigans book eh?

I was going to say a page from the team you support but I'm not sure the definition of support is never attend and spend your life on here
    A team with more home grown academy players, less overseas players per game and sitting on top of the league. That'll do me.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post

A team with more home grown academy players, less overseas players per game and sitting on top of the league. That'll do me.
    And yet you feel you need to spend your life on here?

Learning All The Songs

How many of them will be there soon, will u end up with the most kids working elsewhere than in your own academy/1st team? We cant be that far behind bar foreign players this year and league position?
    We will rise again, we fell near the end several times in last few years and being top has helped you how exactely-any major trophy?

SaintOkell, COYS

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    One of Hohaia, Puletua, Laffranchi, Perry or Soliola will have to go to make way for Walsh and I can't see us being in the financial position to release one of them now while bringing in another wage on top of it. It'll be for 2014 if it's confirmed at all.
    That is most probable,we can't de register anyone after the rfl closed that avenue off after the Dobson/Mason farce and i doubt we would pay anyone off early.

Starting A Programme Collection

As a saints supporter it pains me to say Wigan have it absolutely right with regard to their academy set up and how the flood the 1st team with quality talent. I believe they have an other young fullback in waiting to take over from Tomkins? Manfredi if suppose to be a talent? Leeds also lead the way. I would of preferred Gaskell to be given 6 and let him have a proper shot but maybe Walsh will give us something we are missing and help bring on our young half backs.

Our young lads that had made debuted this year have done because we have had a shocking injury list, that is the only reason.

Learning All The Songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51ZELSEQMVM

People seen this one yet? Doesn't look slow for SL

edit- never mind, found it earlier in thread!

Noooobie

Would of Walsh played alongside TP and if so I wonder what he thought of him? He would of played alongside TP's brother Frank. Has this played any part?
    I imagine NB would of done his homework on his ability as well as his character, which is just as important. NB needs him here for the long haul as he will reflect massively on him in my opinion. NB went out and bought Brough not long after taking over at the Giants so I will trust his judgement.
    COYS!!