Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Minute's cheering on Friday

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    95% of the country probably couldn't give a shit to be honest. Half the country probably couldn't even name the current prime minister.
    They have a Prime Minister for currants ?

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    95% of the country probably couldn't give a shit to be honest. Half the country probably couldn't even name the current prime minister.
    Always the negative view - much like the negative fact that (IIRC) two thirds of the country didn't vote for the current sultana, never mind name him.

And on that basis, of the 5% who do give a shit, 50% agrees or disagrees - FACT

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    You were saying?

You keep lining them up, I'll keep knocking them down.
    And the LibDems believe in what?

The government is a coalition. The Tories cannot pass anything without the agreement of the LibDems.

Incidentally, Labour only repealed Section 28 so far as I'm aware of all the legislation put into place during the previous Tory administration. So would they have been hypocrites too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie's Boots View Post
    And the LibDems believe in what?

The government is a coalition. The Tories cannot pass anything without the agreement of the LibDems.

Incidentally, Labour only repealed Section 28 so far as I'm aware of all the legislation put into place during the previous Tory administration. So would they have been hypocrites too?
    What they are told to believe. They are told to agree. Irrelevant and designed to detract from the fact that you have lost the debate.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by redvee admin View Post
    what they are told to believe. They are told to agree. Irrelevant and designed to detract from the fact that you have lost the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by saintokell View Post
    We have 1 minutes silence for arthur thomas at cats game,no doubt they will mention mrs thatcher and no matter political views please honour saints and keep the silence for him

SaintOkell, COYS
    The minutes silence for Arthur Thomas at the Catalan game was just that (silence) and no mention of the witch

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by oldun View Post
    The minutes silence for Arthur Thomas at the Catalan game was just that (silence) and no mention of the witch
    Well pleased that the silence went ahead without disruption or confusion

SaintOkell, COYS

Learning All The Songs Dynamite Don Brennan's Avatar

Agreed but a bit long winded
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite Don Brennan View Post

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite Don Brennan View Post
    It was like most of his songs for me..............no prizes for guessing my thoughts !
    Learned comment from The Don

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    It was like most of his songs for me..............no prizes for guessing my thoughts !

I think there is going to be trouble

Banned

I heard two fantastic speeches by two superb mp's on wed night at about 8.50pm, by George Galloway, and Denis Skinner. If they could join up and persuade Ian Bone to join them, and start a new political party they'd get my vote all the time. Seeing some of those fawning celebs on the news was sickening at Thatchs do. Why doesnt Wogan come out and say 'yep i do wear a wig'. Its even worse than 'Frankie Howerds'.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sarava View Post
    I heard two fantastic speeches by two superb mp's on wed night at about 8.50pm, by George Galloway, and Denis Skinner. If they could join up and persuade Ian Bone to join them, and start a new political party they'd get my vote all the time. Seeing some of those fawning celebs on the news was sickening at Thatchs do. Why doesnt Wogan come out and say 'yep i do wear a wig'. Its even worse than 'Frankie Howerds'.
    God help us if that comedy duo ever got into power , no doubt they are both well meaning and principled but the country would end up like Greece or Cyprus .

We might as well appoint Alf Garnett as foreign secretary, ken Dodd as chancellor and Julian clary as defence minister rather than let them two anywere near high office

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I think there is going to be trouble
    omg I'm miserable now !
    Learned comment from The Don

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stoneislander View Post
    God help us if that comedy duo ever got into power , no doubt they are both well meaning and principled but the country would end up like Greece or Cyprus .

We might as well appoint Alf Garnett as foreign secretary, ken Dodd as chancellor and Julian clary as defence minister rather than let them two anywere near high office
    10 years ago, Galloway was advocating nationalising the railways. Wisdom after the right royal bollox that was the privitisation of our railways all those years ago.

This current lot, without the mandate want to privatise profit (Royal Mail) and nationalise debt (Lloyds TSB, HBOS). The ideological zeal of the current nutters is now all the more evident with Kenneth Williams, sorry Jeremy Hunt's plan to limit the times you can visit the GP. That's one of the reasons its hard to escape the feeling that the Tories are a bunch of •••••s.