Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Dobson

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    I don't care what the stats say Welham is a very poor defender and I would not want him in our team. Rogues is right on this one.
    I haven't even suggested I'd like Welham ! I wouldn't. I am just countering RG's point that he, along with Dobson, are amongst the 'worst tacklers' in the league. I agree that Welham isn't a great defender as well but amongst the worse ? Evidence doesn't suggest he is...

In The South Stand

where is the stat for "not even attempted the tackle". Against Hudds, Willie Manu had a missed tackle stat of about 3, but in reality he was responsible for about 6 or 7 misses purely by being in the wrong place, or letting the player run past him.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

In The West Stand Talk some sense!'s Avatar

The point as SS says is tackling was questioned, not positioning. Therefore a Missed Tackles stat is a fair representation of how poor a players tackling in when used against completed tackles

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Talk some sense! View Post
    The point as SS says is tackling was questioned, not positioning. Therefore a Missed Tackles stat is a fair representation of how poor a players tackling in when used against completed tackles
    I'm glad you said that. I've had enough of pointing it out.

Learning All The Songs McClennan's Avatar

Signing Dobson is about as uninspiring a signing as a Paul Deacon or Matty Smith. Perhaps he has an edge over those two because he's Australian and can pass the ball.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McClennan View Post
    Signing Dobson is about as uninspiring a signing as a Paul Deacon or Matty Smith. Perhaps he has an edge over those two because he's Australian and can pass the ball.
    And kick and create tries. How dare he have the 3 best qualities of a scrum half and be very good at them. Why sign Dobson when Thurston and Marshall are currently fighting over who gets to pull on the redvee next season.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The West Stand

The problem is you and your unreasonably high expectations. If you did what I do, and merely re-set those expectations to an achievable level then Im sure that you would see that Dobson is top quality.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyl View Post
    The problem is you and your unreasonably high expectations. If you did what I do, and merely re-set those expectations to an achievable level then Im sure that you would see that Dobson is top quality.
    I've done as suggested, and do you know what ? this is the best Saints team in over a decade !!

Quote Originally Posted by saint-spoiler View Post
    Hi dont no if anyone has heard anything but ive heard a few rumours that saints have made a bid for dobson seen a few things on twitter aswell has anyone heard anything??
    Can't believe this thread has run so long on the back of this, bearing in mind the guy only signed up to post something he claims to have seen on Twitter!

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by BoldMiners View Post
    Can't believe this thread has run so long on the back of this, bearing in mind the guy only signed up to post something he claims to have seen on Twitter!
    And yet you have just posted No 85 !!

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    And yet you have just posted No 85 !!
    I realise that. If you know of a way to make a point without posting, I'd love to hear what it is.

And yes I know, 87!

One has already learned to do that as a consequence of reading several of your posts.

In The West Stand

One has already learned to do that as a consequence of reading several of your posts.
    nice diversion.

are you able to comment on the content of the post though? Why is it different now? Why when you find something poor or uninspiring then that pretty much is what it is, yet when others find somthing unacceptable the "blame" is laid at their door for expecting too much.

yet when others find somthing unacceptable the "blame" is laid at their door for expecting too much.
    Such as? What examples are you referring to?

In The West Stand

Such as? What examples are you referring to?
    You know full well where they are from, therefore I will not "run around" providing the examples. All I have really asked is where is this endless positivity that is thrown at others when they dare say that something isnt that good.

Learning All The Songs Mac Saint's Avatar

We've got Stuart Howarth on loan from Salford with Gaskell going the other way until the end of the season.
    This wonderful St. Helens OUTFIT

You know full well where they are from, therefore I will not "run around" providing the examples. All I have really asked is where is this endless positivity that is thrown at others when they dare say that something isnt that good.
    Not everything is doom and gloom and not everything is rose garden happiness. I'm not sure how that fits in with me saying Dobson is a uninspired signing because in the context of Super League he is. I mean, Rob Burrow has made more SL Dream Teams than Dobson and I'm not keen on us making a move for him.

In The West Stand

Not everything is doom and gloom and not everything is rose garden happiness. I'm not sure how that fits in with me saying Dobson is a uninspired signing because in the context of Super League he is. I mean, Rob Burrow has made more SL Dream Teams than Dobson and I'm not keen on us making a move for him.
    However you have missed the point.

By your very own logic and previous "values" we arent interested in what Dobson is relative to SL, we are only bothered about where Saints are and how we can get to being better than what we currently are. So since we dont have a scrum half and we have a second rower playing there, and Dobson is a scrum half then you'd be hard pushed to say that Dobson isnt good enough for us.

Hull KR say St Helens have not made approach for captain Michael Dobson
    Author: josie andrews, posted on: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 at 13:47
    HULL KR say they have had no official approach from St Helens to sign captain Michael Dobson - and insist he is not for sale.
    A report in today’s Sun newspaper suggested the Robins captain could be on his way to the Saints, who are looking to solve their current half-back shortage.

With the news coming on the back of chairman Neil Hudgell revealing he vice-chairman Rob Crossland do not intend to finance the Robins next season, Hudgell said such reports and speculation would be ‘inevitable’.

However, he stressed there had been no official approach from Saints, and that Dobson remained a key part of the squad.

“Michael is a key part of our squad at Hull KR and there is no intention on our part to let him leave the club,” Hudgell told the Mail.

“Given the current situation, it is inevitable that there will be speculation like this.

“Michael has always had an ambition to return to the NRL, that has been no secret.

"Should that option arise for him, we would handle it in the correct manner, as Michael is not only an outstanding player, but also a great person who we will do our best for.

“However, should that not happen, we would hope to be in a position as a club further down the line where we can look at extending Michael’s deal beyond the end of next season.”

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...#ixzz2QFjWaZsp

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Will this now prompt a situation like Higham signing for Bradford, then Wigan.
    Dobson signs for generic NRL club, then sold to Saints as soon as the papaerwork clears.

To be fair Hull KR poached enough players, Cooke being the one that springs to mind. Didn't they try to make a move for Wilkin via the press if i recall correctly.

Got A Season Ticket Deckchairs_r_us's Avatar

Standard response from Hull KR that.

I'm pretty sure if Dobson thought Saints were interested, he could 'ask' to leave albeit with KR being heavily compensated.

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post
    Would cost some serious money, still under contract. I will believe it when I see it
    Hull KR are skint, their owners are leaving them. Any money would be greatly received i imagine.

Dobson is the best natural 7 we can get at such short notice. He'll do for me.

Banned

I have been told its more the owner/major shareholder making the point to one critic in particular put up or shut up. I think you will find the gates are not about to be padlocked

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Could Dobson be Briers replacement at Warrington? They have the money and quota space.

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Could Dobson be Briers replacement at Warrington? They have the money and quota space.
    I think Ratchford isn't doing a bad job of filling in and he was brought in to be the heir to the position wasn't he. Plus Dobson would want a lot more money than i Ratchford would he not?