Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Dobson

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Michael Dobson

Hi dont no if anyone has heard anything but ive heard a few rumours that saints have made a bid for dobson seen a few things on twitter aswell has anyone heard anything??

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saint-spoiler View Post
    Hi dont no if anyone has heard anything but ive heard a few rumours that saints have made a bid for dobson seen a few things on twitter aswell has anyone heard anything??
    No idea but I hope so. I've been banging this drum for the past part of 2 months. Watched him again last night and he is everything we are missing.

Here's me thinking he isn't the one for us after yesterday.

Starting A Programme Collection RedSaint's Avatar

A bid as in an immediate transfer? Or for next season? When is he OOC?

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Yeah I've heard he same as you - would only be for next season though apparently.

Welcome to the forum by the way, mate.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Quote Originally Posted by Sausalito View Post
    Here's me thinking he isn't the one for us after yesterday.
    Really ?

I think he is a quality half. He controls HKR completely. His kicking game is superb and he is constantly organising the next play. Just my opinion but I think he would be fantastic at Saints.

It doesn't matter anyway as I don't see Saints paying transfer fees for anybody so don't think this is particularly likely.

I've heard imminent and the end of the season.End of the season seems more likely but I heard it from my mate and he's in the no and as I said a few things on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    Really ?

I think he is a quality half. He controls HKR completely. His kicking game is superb and he is constantly organising the next play. Just my opinion but I think he would be fantastic at Saints.

It doesn't matter anyway as I don't see Saints paying transfer fees for anybody so don't think this is particularly likely.
    He keeps out of the way when the going is tough, tackling leaves a lot to be desired.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

I've heard imminent and the end of the season.End of the season seems more likely but I heard it from my mate and he's in the no and as I said a few things on twitter
    The only way it could be imminent is if we released somebody immediately. One of Perry, Laffranchi, Soliola, Puletua or Hohaia would have to go.

And before any simpleton asks, yes Laffranchi has an Italian passport but he still counts on the non-federation quota.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

More likely to be end of the season the

In The West Stand Talk some sense!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    The only way it could be imminent is if we released somebody immediately. One of Perry, Laffranchi, Soliola, Puletua or Hohaia would have to go.

And before any simpleton asks, yes Laffranchi has an Italian passport but he still counts on the non-federation quota.
    Maybe hohaia and his injury is a smokescreen?

And for anybody I've spoken to in the past on here, I'm just playing with ideas- I know nothing more than what's said on here! Ha

Banned

More likely to be end of the season the
    Would cost some serious money, still under contract. I will believe it when I see it

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Talk some sense! View Post
    Maybe hohaia and his injury is a smokescreen?

And for anybody I've spoken to in the past on here, I'm just playing with ideas- I know nothing more than what's said on here! Ha
    You shouldn't toy with our emotions like this! Haha. If we could swap Dobson for Hohaia right now I'd pay for Lance's flights home myself.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

He keeps out of the way when the going is tough, tackling leaves a lot to be desired.
    I've never really looked for a scrum half that is brilliant defensively to be honest. As long as they can do a job defensively then thats enough for me. I don't recall Long being a supreme defensive half but nobody cared. I'm more interested in how they direct a side with the ball and Dobson is top class at it. He dragged HKR kicking and screaming to a win last night against a very spirited Cas effort.

I've never really looked for a scrum half that is brilliant defensively to be honest. As long as they can do a job defensively then thats enough for me. I don't recall Long being a supreme defensive half but nobody cared. I'm more interested in how they direct a side with the ball and Dobson is top class at it. He dragged HKR kicking and screaming to a win last night against a very spirited Cas effort.
    Long was a superb cover tackler.

Learning All The Songs

Long's technique was very good. Just went for the legs every time. He did struggle against the likes of Senior and Hape but plenty of bigger blokes did as well. Dobson is much more lightweight, but I think Saints might have to take the hit on someone with that higher level creativity in the halves

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

I recall one particular tackle on Brett Tate? again Brisbane in the World Club Challenge a couple of years back where he swept round the back and dumped him over the touch line after he'd made a break.

Longy's problem defensively was that he had a habit of flying out of the line, and opposition three quarters did expose that to be fair.

Dobson is a natural 7, and although Wilkin has done a great job, I don't think he is the answer long term.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

He was decent enough, I think 'superb' is stretching it somewhat.

Anyway, Dobson has missed 10 from 115 tackles this year which is by no means bad at all.

Redvee Founder & Editor in Chief,
    Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,
    and Media Whore. Call me.

Can we refrain from posting libellous shit please? We're ten years old today - quite fancy another ten years. If you're not prepared to supply your name and address on request when the site gets served legal papers... Don't post it.

It ain't rocket science.

As for Dobson, where exactly on twitter? I haven't seen it and no one has tweeted the Redvee account with the rumour...

@RedveeDotNet

Learning All The Songs

He was decent enough, I think 'superb' is stretching it somewhat.

Anyway, Dobson has missed 10 from 115 tackles this year which is by no means bad at all.
    His missed tackle stats were much better than, say, Dureau's last year too, but I'm not sure that adds up to what I've seen when watching him

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    Can we refrain from posting libellous shit please? We're ten years old today - quite fancy another ten years. If you're not prepared to supply your name and address on request when the site gets served legal papers... Don't post it.
    Apologies, I wasn't suggesting for one second it was taken seriously! As I said, we ribbed the person who told us all night for 'informing' us

I never once said it was true just my mate mentioned it the other day and I seen 2 people talking about it on twitter

How old is Dobson?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post

It ain't rocket science.

As for Dobson, where exactly on twitter? I haven't seen it and no one has tweeted the Redvee account with the rumour...
    Unless posts have been deleted which I've missed, there is nothing remotely libellous on this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    You shouldn't toy with our emotions like this! Haha. If we could swap Dobson for Hohaia right now I'd pay for Lance's flights home myself.
    Who knows, you might only have to spot him his bus fare to Hull!