Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 123456781424 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 11

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Season openers are generally amongst the 3 or 4 biggest league crowds of the season
    I think you need to go and take a look at the season openers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadfish View Post
    Usually because the weather is bad. Remember Quins in 07? A really low crowd because the weather was awful

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

And obviously so do you!

Take away anomalies like the London game in the snow back in 2007 and the season opener is 'generally' one of the best crowds of the season. Generally means most times and I don't know what you are looking at if you missed the 13,000 crowds with Widnes and Castleford, the 12,000 with Hull despite it being foggy, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    And obviously so do you!

Take away anomalies like the London game in the snow back in 2007 and the season opener is 'generally' one of the best crowds of the season. Generally means most times and I don't know what you are looking at if you missed the 13,000 crowds with Widnes and Castleford, the 12,000 with Hull despite it being foggy, etc, etc.
    Are you taking into consideration the SL winners effect? The WCC Winners effect? If you take inthe weather you have to take those in.

A pretty dull 2012 was probably as likely to effect the crowd as the cold.

Are you taking into consideration the SL winners effect? The WCC Winners effect? If you take inthe weather you have to take those in.

?? We didn't win the SL or WCC in 04 or 05 so that wouldn't have made a difference on the opening game the following season.

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

I still walk upto the place and think WOW. That's ours. Strangely I never thought that for KR.
    Nobody said life would be easy

Quote Originally Posted by wardies love child View Post
    I still walk upto the place and think WOW. That's ours. Strangely I never thought that for KR.
    Me too, just the grumpies trying to down a great stadium any way they can

A great but unfinished one yes.

Learning All The Songs

A great stadium in many ways, just a shame one of its major deficiencies effect threequarters of the ground - a fact admitted by the club. I do agree however that approaching it from the front or via Tescos it still looks impressive - but looks aren't everything. The HJ looks nothing like as impressive but provides a lot more protection, and to date a better atmosphere on nearly half the budget.

I've spoken to Eamonn and he is putting in place an indoor stadium plan for our nesh fans

I've spoken to Eamonn and he is putting in place an indoor stadium plan for our nesh fans
    I really fail to see how you can make light of such a cock up. We have been left with an unfinished stadium that doesn't give the protection you would expect and quite simply looks a bit daft

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I really fail to see how you can make light of such a cock up. We have been left with an unfinished stadium that doesn't give the protection you would expect and quite simply looks a bit daft
    How many times do I have to remind you that the plans are what the stadium ended up like. Eamonn told us it would have a halo. So it is only unfinished in your opinion.

It can and will look better if they add the cladding, but there are many things far more important going on at the club at the moment, Cladding probably isn't in the top 10 important things happening.

How many times do I have to remind you that the plans are what the stadium ended up like. Eamonn told us it would have a halo. So it is only unfinished in your opinion.

It can and will look better if they add the cladding, but there are many things far more important going on at the club at the moment, Cladding probably isn't in the top 10 important things happening.
    Yeah because I am the only person moaning about it being unfinished.

And if the stadium is as per the plans why did the club make the announcement about cladding? Although clearly we won't be getting a further announcement like we were promised, for some time yet.

I think the East Stand looks ridiculous when you drive past the front of the stadium. It looks like the contractors just gave up without finishing it

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    And if the stadium is as per the plans why did the club make the announcement about cladding? Although clearly we won't be getting a further announcement like we were promised, for some time yet.

I think the East Stand looks ridiculous when you drive past the front of the stadium. It looks like the contractors just gave up without finishing it
    listen soft lad....Eamon said its finished so its finished

In The South Stand

So he wanted something that looked like a steel stockyard so long as it has a "halo".

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Almost every single season over the Super League era we have started off with high crowds and the average level has dipped over the course of the season. If you really want me to dig out all the crowd figures that demonstrate this then I will.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Why did the 3D image of the ground on the inside (the one that was used to sell season tickets) show it fully enclosed when it was never intended to be? Why did the elevations of the ground that Amy Dyer pulled up last year show cladding on all four sides? Just a thought, like!
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Starting A Programme Collection grahamk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Why did the 3D image of the ground on the inside (the one that was used to sell season tickets) show it fully enclosed when it was never intended to be? Why did the elevations of the ground that Amy Dyer pulled up last year show cladding on all four sides? Just a thought, like!
    Sums it up. Exactly what many of us have been pointing out for months now. Don't think we're going to get anything more but would love to know what this "more important" stuff is - scouring the known universe for a scrum half, 2 x props??
    Dream on.

CONVERTED TO THE FAITH.

It's like a merry go round, do you build stadium off 3d images no. Plans Yes.

I'm 100% for cladding but some of the lies being peddled on here is a joke. Get the cladding in quick, it'll make us top of the league, not let staff go, return the funding lost, we'll all be toastie warm, everything will be great!

No, it won't make a jot of difference except look a bit better and feel about 2C warmer.

It's like a merry go round, do you build stadium off 3d images no. Plans Yes.

I'm 100% for cladding but some of the lies being peddled on here is a joke. Get the cladding in quick, it'll make us top of the league, not let staff go, return the funding lost, we'll all be toastie warm, everything will be great!

No, it won't make a jot of difference except look a bit better and feel about 2C warmer.
    There isn't a word of sense in what you've just written.

Why was that 3D image used by the club to sell season tickets if it wasn't intended to look that way?

There isn't a word of sense in what you've just written.

Why was that 3D image used by the club to sell season tickets if it wasn't intended to look that way?
    I agree it was wrong. Won't magic any cladding up though will it!

In The South Stand

I wonder who "sadfish" thinks has been telling lies.

I agree it was wrong. Won't magic any cladding up though will it!
    The last sentence was there to limply justify the bollocks you've been speaking throughout this thread. The first sentence was all that was needed.

Starting A Programme Collection Lygase's Avatar

Eamonn told us it would have a halo. So it is only unfinished in your opinion.
    he also said... To me, and hundreds of other fans at a forum last year, that the money was set aside and it will be gettin done in the off season... Obviously, believe what you want to, but its scandalous he should lie to the fans...