Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1234561222 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 11

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Very true, but as I've said throughout. There's lots of supporters who can take or leave watching saints
    over something as trivial as cladding (and to be saying about ditching ST's for that reason) seems a little OTT! It's not ideal, it is a balls up but lets see what happens and if nothing does then it'd be time for people to put positive pressure on people at the club for updates.

At least we got our new ground which will be an unreal asset to the club and we can stop losing money hand over fist. I'm sure we will get some cladding (and then realise its the north west of england and its going to be a bit cold anyway) at some point

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    yeah, risk the clubs finances over a bit of cladding, genius. Whilst if nothing happens it would be really poor that is not the way to go.
    and thats how you end up as a "no mark".... accepting substandard things.

In The West Stand

over something as trivial as cladding (and to be saying about ditching ST's for that reason) seems a little OTT! It's not ideal, it is a balls up but lets see what happens and if nothing does then it'd be time for people to put positive pressure on people at the club for updates.

At least we got our new ground which will be an unreal asset to the club and we can stop losing money hand over fist. I'm sure we will get some cladding (and then realise its the north west of england and its going to be a bit cold anyway) at some point
    its not trivial at all, people are going to a new stadium and getting wetter and colder than they need to. If it was an old stadium,fair enough but for it to happen in a newly designed stadium is ridiculous. As for the last sentence, it is just a diversion. Nobody said it wasnt going to be cold or wet.....theterm you are ignoring is coldER and wettER

Banned

I'm looking forward to walking past the 20 or so protesting about the cladding on Saturday.i hope they have organised a protest with banners and handing out leaflets. or are they going to stay away in protest. Or have they all written to McManus to complain about it being too cold, wet, dark and windy. Or are they going to do none of them, and just complain on here expecting sympathy.

In The South Stand

I would imagine that people will do as people do over something like say for instance "petrol" they will complain and they will grumble some in the right places and to the right people, but as with a commodity like petrol it is something they want, so they will carry on going to support the Saints and they will shiver and they will grumble in the same way that most sensible people complain about the price of petrol, if they want it they have to have what they are given and pay what they are told, so that is all right then, isn,t it?.

Learning All The Songs

FFS Johnny give it a rest will you. We all know it's a compromise. You live in a world that doesn't accept compromise well that's just great. I hope you have the budget to sustain such a world.

Saints is a small business in the scheme of things with a turnover of about 6 mill a year, but you want the best players on the pitch and a perfect stadium. But I'll bet you still wouldn't go to a game even if you had it. You'd find something that isn't up to your super uncompromising standards.

Your constant whingeing is becoming very tiresome. We know the stadium isn't perfect. We know it should be clad. But the truth is it was made to a price, a price that a small business can afford. And for most of us we go along and compromise along with the club. They did the best with the money available, and I'm going to do the best with my money available to me and spend it on another season ticket.

So please give it an effin' rest will you.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by sarava View Post
    I'm looking forward to walking past the 20 or so protesting about the cladding on Saturday.i hope they have organised a protest with banners and handing out leaflets. or are they going to stay away in protest. Or have they all written to McManus to complain about it being too cold, wet, dark and windy. Or are they going to do none of them, and just complain on here expecting sympathy.
    They won't be there protesting. They won't be there.

Whichever way you look at it, it was a ballsed-up design. Grossly incompetent.

As for the price thing, better stadiums with proper designs have cost less. If the roof hadn't been constructed so needlessly high then the ground would have been cheaper and there would have been no need for all of this.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Quote Originally Posted by saintjames View Post
    Given that season ticket sales are about the same as last year it seems that supporters generally are giving tacit approval for the lack of cladding. Why would Saints spend £££s for no return?
    I hear there are quite a few less, but of course many of us signed up for 5 year deals.

The one way we will tell is not through season ticket holders, because they are pretty sturdy fans on the whole, it will be on the ticket sales for individual games.

The real test is when the forecast is bad, because a much higher percentage of the 4-5,000 or so potential pay for the day fans, having experienced the place, may decide to give it a miss.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    They won't be there protesting. They won't be there.

As for the price thing, better stadiums with proper designs have cost less. If the roof hadn't been constructed so needlessly high then the ground would have been cheaper and there would have been no need for all of this.
    I'm like most, I have a gripe and a moan, but will always turn up. It's ok in the North where I sit, right at the back. I don't feel the wind to much if it's from the south, I notice it a little more if it's from the west, but if it blows from the east, well the glorious stomach of Bill Bates protects me, and I sit about 6 seats away from him

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    We know it should be clad. But the truth is it was made to a price, a price that a small business can afford. And for most of us we go along and compromise along with the club. They did the best with the money available, and I'm going to do the best with my money available to me and spend it on another season ticket.
    Well that's the argument I suppose - as DD says below better have cost less. I suppose it's how you qualify better - if its better in terms of providing sufficient protection for the fans then most are better. Don't think I have seen a more open new stadium built in recent years. Saints may argue their corporate facilities are of a high standard and this is what brings in the year round revenue.

I 've had my say, but still looking forward to the season and kept my North stand seat. Spent many hours watching the Stadium go up and impressed with many of the personalised touches and branding of the ground - but will be nice to see it finished off one day.

I can see why people get fed up with the comments but the season will soon be upon us and if the weather is bad - last years memories of puddles and men in yellow jackets with brushes, and wind ripping through the stadium will be all too real again - so some comfort in knowing that it will be addressed would be good.

For all those who keep saying it's cold anyway at this time of the year - we all accept that as many of us will have stood at Watersheddings in the snow, got p*ss wet through at Odsal and been frozen to the crash barriers at KR so I don't think amybody needs educating on the seasonal weather in the North of England. If people are saying its ridiculously cold and breezy - that's because it is.

Lets hope we have some dry nights in our £30 million pound ground and are destracted by some quality play on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    I'm like most, I have a gripe and a moan, but will always turn up. It's ok in the North where I sit, right at the back. I don't feel the wind to much if it's from the south, I notice it a little more if it's from the west, but if it blows from the east, well the glorious stomach of Bill Bates protects me, and I sit about 6 seats away from him
    I sit next to him and it doesn't protect me!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyl View Post
    and thats how you end up as a "no mark".... accepting substandard things.
    I haven't said it's acceptable, I said his "solution" isn't the way to go. If I remember rightly you dont go to games anyway so why do you even care? Those that do and want a resolution in my opinion should take positive action not a negative, petty and childish action. Act like adults, get a group together and lobby the club rather than stomping feet like petulant children

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyl View Post
    its not trivial at all, people are going to a new stadium and getting wetter and colder than they need to. If it was an old stadium,fair enough but for it to happen in a newly designed stadium is ridiculous. As for the last sentence, it is just a diversion. Nobody said it wasnt going to be cold or wet.....theterm you are ignoring is coldER and wettER
    It is trivial in the bigger picture though isn't it, we have a facility that does have a flaw, but the bigger picture is it is (presumably) making a decent amount day to day and in corporate instead of us being so limited as an organisation in our ability to generate a cash flow. I personally would rather be a bit cold than the club be in a white elephant or in Salfords previous situation.

Theres an issue, Saints have said they will resolve it. If they don't and people feel so strongly, take positive not negative action. Rather than constantly sitting behind a computer moaning like a whinging man child why dont you start taking some positive action as you are clearly passionate about the issue

Got A Season Ticket

It is trivial in the bigger picture though isn't it, we have a facility that does have a flaw, but the bigger picture is it is (presumably) making a decent amount day to day and in corporate instead of us being so limited as an organisation in our ability to generate a cash flow. I personally would rather be a bit cold than the club be in a white elephant or in Salfords previous situation.

Theres an issue, Saints have said they will resolve it. If they don't and people feel so strongly, take positive not negative action. Rather than constantly sitting behind a computer moaning like a whinging man child why dont you start taking some positive action as you are clearly passionate about the issue
    I totally agree that in the scheme of things this is becoming a trivial and minor distraction.

Issues like the club accepting the original design and the way the club keeps fans informed over the cladding has been very disappointing to say the least. And promising action and not delivering is not the greatest PR.

However when you consider how many times a year you watch games at LP, and then look at how many of those games when it is raining heavily or is freezing cold (lets hope we get a summer this season). Then the classing issue becomes less important. This issue should dissapate even more if we are thrilled and entertained by the quality of rugby we are going to play this year (hopefully). Then we will be so enthralled watching the rugby we will not notice the weather.

If the cladding does happen well fair play to the club and it will certainly raise the quality of the stadium. But to be fair its not half bad as it is now when you compare it to most of the SL and Union grounds.

I think its time to get behind the team and NB and create an atmoshere that was missing last season. Bring it on!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

everyone fully supports the team, it's a seperate issue altogether..

Saints clearly see it as a problem (http://saintsrlfc.com/news/page/2534 or http://saintsrlfc.com/news/page/2070) so why do some seem to continuously say it isn't

The fact that we are now in Feb and we were promised further details in the New Year does not surprise me one iota.

Yet again it's a failure by the club to communicate with the people that make it exist. The communication is a shambles regardless of whether people are bothered by the cladding or not

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    The fact that we are now in Feb and we were promised further details in the New Year does not surprise me one iota.

Yet again it's a failure by the club to communicate with the people that make it exist. The communication is a shambles regardless of whether people are bothered by the cladding or not
    It's still the NewYear. Give em time.

everyone fully supports the team, it's a seperate issue altogether..

Saints clearly see it as a problem (http://saintsrlfc.com/news/page/2534 or http://saintsrlfc.com/news/page/2070) so why do some seem to continuously say it isn't
    I dont think people who have said similar to me have said it isnt an issue, what I disagree with is the tantrums and "i wont renew" attitude. It is poor that Saints havent communicated again and I'm sure that if a group of fans (there are plenty with positive relationships with employees at the club) got together and started lobbying the club for info and for the work to be done then the club would be under more pressure to a) open up with info and b) get the work done. If nothing were then to get done I'd understand the tantrums

See this quite a lot now, people like a moan and a gripe but never try and have a positive influence on things

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

I dont think people who have said similar to me have said it isnt an issue, what I disagree with is the tantrums and "i wont renew" attitude. It is poor that Saints havent communicated again and I'm sure that if a group of fans (there are plenty with positive relationships with employees at the club) got together and started lobbying the club for info and for the work to be done then the club would be under more pressure to a) open up with info and b) get the work done. If nothing were then to get done I'd understand the tantrums

See this quite a lot now, people like a moan and a gripe but never try and have a positive influence on things
    the thing is, many have contacted the club with either no reply. i suspect if the club were contacted, the person would be pointed to the latest Press Release. The club is fully aware of a the issue..

I, like you wouldn't cancel my season ticket on the cladding alone, but i know there are a percentage of people, when it's lashing down will simply not bother going for the odd game

the thing is, many have contacted the club with either no reply. i suspect if the club were contacted, the person would be pointed to the latest Press Release. The club is fully aware of a the issue..

I, like you wouldn't cancel my season ticket on the cladding alone, but i know there are a percentage of people, when it's lashing down will simply not bother going for the odd game
    This is why I think something needs to be co-ordinated by a group of people rather than individuals

Starting A Programme Collection Lygase's Avatar

I've said it time and time again... ST holders are not the ones that need convincing, if you like, personally I'd turn up wind rain or shine, cladding or no cladding. BUT, I am royally plssed of with the club for being out and out liers, drip feeding information to suit their own need. The people who would perhaps want to go to a game, may not do so based on the fact there is no cladding, they and there family may be subjected to the wind and rain, if for instance that was there first time visiting LP, and the main memory isn't that of the quality of the game, but of how cold and wet they are then they may never return, those are the fans Saints to realise the cladding may matter more, one chance, one impression, and if it is, as it stands, the wrong one, then they will vote with their feet, and it will become detrimental to the club over time

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post

They seem to measure whether they are going to say anything by the mood on this thead - happens every time. It's as if they are waiting to see how long they can go without passing comment. A number of people discussing it on here is more effective than individually writing to the club. Everyone knows they read it and they know what people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Windle Lad View Post
    They seem to measure whether they are going to say anything by the mood on this thead - happens every time. It's as if they are waiting to see how long they can go without passing comment. A number of people discussing it on here is more effective than individually writing to the club. Everyone knows they read it and they know what people think.
    To be honest mate, if my wife had not had our 2nd boy 3 days ago, I would go to the local press to shame them into commenting. As it is, with a 2 year old lad at home, I have neither the time nor effort to do so. That's why my rants are intermittently on here.

I did say when the first announcement was made that it would be put off again. They obviously think that we will forget all about it. A good win tonight and the cracks will be papered over.

There it is again, the plans clearly show no cladding so why are you calling them "Grossly Incompetent" ???

Just because we didn't really get a hold on it, doesn't make it incompetent.

If ever there was a clear case of Libel, i'd say that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadfish View Post
    There it is again, the plans clearly show no cladding so why are you calling them "Grossly Incompetent" ???

Just because we didn't really get a hold on it, doesn't make it incompetent.

If ever there was a clear case of Libel, i'd say that was it.
    You are so up the club's arse, I'm surprised you haven't got brown cling ons all over your stupid pony tail.

Now there's a clearer a case of libel for you.

Oh and it is incompetent. Anyone can see that and you can throw the best legal team in the country at it and they couldn't prove otherwise.

Just because the plans show an incompetent stadium doesn't mean the designers are not incompetent. In fact it would seem to highlight the issue.
    Last edited by DD; 2nd February 2013 at 12:37.