Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 39 123451121 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 11

In The South Stand

Default Stadium Watch 11

Which new year.

Starting A Programme Collection

Slight diversion I know but I've just been for a run and saw the gritting wagon going round the back of DW stadium and gritting all round the perimeter. Do Saints have such a facility available to them from the council and indeed do all sporting stadia pay council tax or is this a special arrangement to keep DW sweet?

Learning All The Songs

Its to stop the players,coach and chairman slipping up(only kidding).would assume roadway would be gritted at the back as delivery route for tescos?

Got A Replica Shirt

It would be such a lovely (not that it isn't now) stadium if it actually gets completed. I don't know why it's taken so long ha!.

Surely they can't be far off making some kind of move to get our LP finished....?

In The South Stand

You do know that LP stands for lon player.

Starting A Programme Collection Samba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exiled old un View Post
    You do know that LP stands for long player.

.........................or lying pr*cks

Quote Originally Posted by Samba View Post
    .........................or lying pr*cks
    Or " Lost Panels " !

Quote Originally Posted by Southstandsaint View Post
    Or " Lost Panels " !
    most likely 'lacking protection'

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsy View Post
    most likely 'lacking protection'
    or it could be Lots of Puddles next week !

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by exiled old un View Post
    Which new year.
    Maybe they meant "..early in the New once-everybody-has-bought-their-season-tickets Year".
    Clearly any announcement at this stage is not going to enhance these sales e.g. " fans can enjoy greater protection form the elemnts this year as........ so don't miss out on your season ticket"

Message to the club - Give over giving timescales out on this issue and continually failing to deliver on them - how not to build good customer relations. You can only say its "complex" so many times.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Lygase View Post
    I wonder when the "adverse weather has prevented us from starting the cladding process" or some variant of that bullshlt gets peddled by the club... The letter 'a' from langtree (tesco side) has been buggered for the last week or so and not fixed...

I wonder when Saints will be truthful with us all that there is in fact no money to do it... And McManus lied to our faces at the forum... I would have thought something would have been measured or some progress made... I drive past a few times a day during work but nothing to date
    There is a reason why McManus is very successful and your average fan isnt. He will be very good at using clever language with lots of smoke and mirrors and people are thick enough to buy it. He knows he doesnt have to deliver on promises because people are silly enough to keep paying their hard earned cash for a substandard product and he will keep lapping it up. Throw a few clever and vague statements around, imply someone else is at fault without ever accusing anyone, set non specific targets for non specific dates and he cant really lose. I quite admire how skillfully it is done.

Banned

He delivered a new stadium. The council jumped to attention when they knew it was a goer and they would get on a photo shoot as councillors. I think it went wrong when they went for capacity over finish within the budget they had. would a fourteen thousand capacity fully enclosed arena of been so much of a disaster?

Is anyone surprised by the non announcement? There will be one in about March saying there will be a further one at the end of the season hoping people will forget all about it.

Face facts. It will never be finished.

So I take it I'll have to wait another year for my heated seat... tsk

Got A Season Ticket

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/r...3801065,page=1

Living in Hertfordshire, I occasionally go to watch Saracens and browsing their messageboard this did make me laugh....it was their first game in new ground yesterday (I didn't go). The comments are deja vu of where we were/are - some love it, some moaning. Guess just shows people will always have differing perspectives on whether expectations have been achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Coors View Post
    http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/r...3801065,page=1

Living in Hertfordshire, I occasionally go to watch Saracens and browsing their messageboard this did make me laugh....it was their first game in new ground yesterday (I didn't go). The comments are deja vu of where we were/are - some love it, some moaning. Guess just shows people will always have differing perspectives on whether expectations have been achieved.
    And 600 pounds for a season ticket saints fans would moan about that wow.COYS

Got A Season Ticket

The only way the club will sit up and take notice if people vote with their wallet. If people did not renew season tickets because of the Cladding issue then just watch and see things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by saintjames View Post
    The only way the club will sit up and take notice if people vote with their wallet. If people did not renew season tickets because of the Cladding issue then just watch and see things happen.

really? REALLY? REALLY? REALLY? REALLY? Get a grip.

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

yeah, risk the clubs finances over a bit of cladding, genius. Whilst if nothing happens it would be really poor that is not the way to go.

In The South Stand

Nevertheless the clubs managment should be taking notice if some season ticket holders are "thinking" that way.

Got A Season Ticket

Given that season ticket sales are about the same as last year it seems that supporters generally are giving tacit approval for the lack of cladding. Why would Saints spend £££s for no return?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Given that season ticket sales are about the same as last year it seems that supporters generally are giving tacit approval for the lack of cladding. Why would Saints spend £££s for no return?
    Maybe, just maybe the crowds would increase. Maybe there's still a novelty factor this season.

Maybe some supporters have bought season tickets believing the issue will be sorted

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Maybe, just maybe the crowds would increase. Maybe there's still a novelty factor this season.

Maybe some supporters have bought season tickets believing the issue will be sorted
    Maybe some of us want to watch some Rugby League, maybe some are excited about the new signings and Brown being in charge, maybe some believe that whilst it is exposed the ground is still a good ground and there are much worse places to be

I fully expect everyone want's the Stadium "finished" but most people, probably 99%, consider it a minor inconvenience.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    Maybe some of us want to watch some Rugby League, maybe some are excited about the new signings and Brown being in charge, maybe some believe that whilst it is exposed the ground is still a good ground and there are much worse places to be
    Very true, but as I've said throughout. There's lots of supporters who can take or leave watching saints