Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 210 of 210 FirstFirst ... 110160190200206207208209210
Results 5,226 to 5,245 of 5245

Thread: Football

George Coaches Organiser Saint Bert's Avatar

Fegies final mind game!

Apparently Rooney s head is choca at moment. Comments made publicly about great player's showing loyalty and firmly placing the blame for Rooney's substitutions and omissions down to the players own form and nothing else has hit home. A minority of fans booing him at the weekend has also hit home. Add to that, it would appear none of Europe's big 4 are interested at a 30 million price and 4 years wages at 16 million.

If last year is what to expect from him for the next 2 then I would be happy for him to move on, only a fool would want even a 95% Rooney to leave. His role now though is without doubt not the main striker.
    The George for match day drinks and away coaches.

Supporting us supporting Saints.

In The West Stand Talk some sense!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Who did you rate for Utd? I like the look of Lingard and Januzaj is a quality player. He has a first team squad number for next season already
    I've seen a bit of Januzaj and he's a classy player, looks a little lightweight yet but definitely promising. I know Fergie loves him though from things he's said. I'd maybe expect him to get a few minutes on Sunday, a last debut given by Ferguson to a player he clearly really rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Bert View Post
    Fegies final mind game!

Apparently Rooney s head is choca at moment. Comments made publicly about great player's showing loyalty and firmly placing the blame for Rooney's substitutions and omissions down to the players own form and nothing else has hit home. A minority of fans booing him at the weekend has also hit home. Add to that, it would appear none of Europe's big 4 are interested at a 30 million price and 4 years wages at 16 million.

If last year is what to expect from him for the next 2 then I would be happy for him to move on, only a fool would want even a 95% Rooney to leave. His role now though is without doubt not the main striker.
    It's easy to understand why Rooney may have been made to have second thoughts after what's gone on over the past week or so, but the worry is that we're always just delaying the inevitable. As you say his form this season has been patchy (still contributed in terms of goals and assists mind) and on that form him leaving wouldn't be a great loss, however as you say Rooney on form is a player anybody would want in their team.

I'm still leaning towards letting him go, two transfer requests in the space of 3 seasons is pretty hard to swallow.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post
    I watched Spurs take us apart at Anfield a month or so back and they were a class above Liverpool. I watched the first half of tonights game and the first penalty decision was a farcical decision. 2nd pen was fair enough but we lacked any cutting edge without Suso/Sterling/Shelvey

Joao Teixeira will be the big name to come through for us I reckon. Looks a class act
    I don't know too much regarding the younger levels to be honest. I know that Spurs supporters have seriously high hopes for much of the current U21 side. There are also plenty not playing as well as they're on loan at places.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    I don't know too much regarding the younger levels to be honest. I know that Spurs supporters have seriously high hopes for much of the current U21 side. There are also plenty not playing as well as they're on loan at places.
    They had a forward with a double-barrelled name (Spurs) who was clearly head and shoulders too good for that age group

As for United I liked both full backs yesterday from the first half. Nullified our wide threats and used the ball well.

They had a forward with a double-barrelled name (Spurs) who was clearly head and shoulders too good for that age group
    Zapata-Caicedo is the only double barrelled forward I can find. There are a couple of forwards that are very highly rated especially a lad called Souleymane Coulibaly who many think could be something special. He's the boy that they fought off Real Madrid to bring in a couple of years back and is apparently similar to Drogba. We can but hope.

Other highly rated ones are Adam Smith, England full back at younger levels and the highest rated of all is Alex Pritchard. He's the lad that Liverpool were sniffing around before he signed the new deal.

Banned

Zapata-Caicedo is the only double barrelled forward I can find. There are a couple of forwards that are very highly rated especially a lad called Souleymane Coulibaly who many think could be something special. He's the boy that they fought off Real Madrid to bring in a couple of years back and is apparently similar to Drogba. We can but hope.

Other highly rated ones are Adam Smith, England full back at younger levels and the highest rated of all is Alex Pritchard. He's the lad that Liverpool were sniffing around before he signed the new deal.
    My mistake, he wasnt a forward. His name was Roman Michael-Percil, he played wide of a 3.

My mistake, he wasnt a forward. His name was Roman Michael-Percil, he played wide of a 3.
    Honestly, I have never even heard of him.

This is part of why AVB was brought in as he'll give them a chance to break into the first team. Under Redknapp there was no chance.

Banned

Honestly, I have never even heard of him.

This is part of why AVB was brought in as he'll give them a chance to break into the first team. Under Redknapp there was no chance.
    I didnt realise that Alex Inglethorpe had come from Spurs, he has done a good job at both clubs

I didnt realise that Alex Inglethorpe had come from Spurs, he has done a good job at both clubs
    He did, hence why you wanted Pritchard. Inglethorpe apparently wanted to take him with him.

Banned

What a fantastic game of football that was. End to end attacking football. The best team probably lost but I thoroughly enjoyed it as a neutral.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post

Anyway, a great 24 hours after an awful weekend. Onwards and upwards and we can finally get back to moving forwards as a club again.

The world's feeling to Mancini's ability as a manager will be perfectly demonstrated when the only clubs that are interested him reside in the French or Spanish Second Divisions.
    I think you have missed a trick TBH. Both of your title rivals have gone through upheaval and need a new manager, your best bet was stability and keep things as they were rather than voluntarily give yourself a problem and a journey into the unknown.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyl View Post
    I think you have missed a trick TBH. Both of your title rivals have gone through upheaval and need a new manager, your best bet was stability and keep things as they were rather than voluntarily give yourself a problem and a journey into the unknown.
    With due respect - bollocks.

The man was dragging us downhill fast. You know what, United fans are worried a bit now because now the quality players that we have may now possibly have someone who can get the best out of them, we may actually become a significantly stronger force, and they know it.

It isn't just about next year, it's about the whole future of the club. Mancini was going to ruin what should have been a golden era of unprecedented success for us. At least now I have hope that we can get some long term foundations laid. All he was interested in was quick fixes and waving a chequebook. He didn't have a clue with regard to tactics and man-management.

Of course, the vast majority of numbnuts in the Etihad tomorrow won't see it, but we will be far better off without him. The future seems brighter again.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    With due respect - bollocks.

The man was dragging us downhill fast. You know what, United fans are worried a bit now because now the quality players that we have may now possibly have someone who can get the best out of them, we may actually become a significantly stronger force, and they know it.

It isn't just about next year, it's about the whole future of the club. Mancini was going to ruin what should have been a golden era of unprecedented success for us. At least now I have hope that we can get some long term foundations laid. All he was interested in was quick fixes and waving a chequebook. He didn't have a clue with regard to tactics and man-management.

Of course, the vast majority of numbnuts in the Etihad tomorrow won't see it, but we will be far better off without him. The future seems brighter again.
    I agree with you on this DD.Mancini was getting like Benitez in his last year at Liverpool.Worrying about the opposition more than just going out and play with your better players.Not to mention bizarre substitutions.
    Learned comment from The Don

Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

One other thing that won't happen next season now that Taggart has put his feet up.....United will get a penalty given against them at some point in the season.Not one against them this season.Incredible......but there was the SAF on the sidelines waiting to berate the officials.

Scandalous officiating at Tottenham, absolutely scandalous. I'm still dumbfounded at how he's booked him for diving for the blatant penalty you could ever see. Totally ridiculous.

Scandalous officiating at Tottenham, absolutely scandalous. I'm still dumbfounded at how he's booked him for diving for the blatant penalty you could ever see. Totally ridiculous.
    Looked like a dive to me, some contact but he flicks his own leg out and exaggerates it

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    Looked like a dive to me, some contact but he flicks his own leg out and exaggerates it
    A dive ?!?!? You're literally the first person I've heard say it was a dive. It was nothing to do with his leg, Larsson blatantly has two hands on his back and pushes him over. Why you would be interested in Bale's leg is anyones guess. The referee apologised to Bale when they were kicking off for the second half and everybody involved on Sky as well the journos at the game on Twitter have all said it was appalling officiating. I suggest you get your eyes sorted. It was absolutely disgusting from Marriner, made even worse by the fact he was at least 20 yards away.

Anyway, 72 points and not enough. The most we've made in a season for years and years. Arsenal superbly strong in the last third of the year again and they deserve it. Looking forward to some big changes at Spurs this year.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    I agree with you on this DD.Mancini was getting like Benitez in his last year at Liverpool.Worrying about the opposition more than just going out and play with your better players.Not to mention bizarre substitutions.
    Not that we looked any better without him today. One of the most disgraceful performances I have seen from City in a long time - almost as bad as Wembley last week!

Big changes afoot in the summer. The new manager is really going to have to sweep the floor clean. Jack Rodwell has had a bit of stick but if we had eleven players with his attitude then we might not have so much of a problem.

We need a strong manager, one who can galvanise his troops into a team. I'm not sure Pellegrini is the man but he can't be any worse than what we have had. There is no leadership and no semblance of tactics out there. We've got the individuals; we've got the right tools, but we have just lacked someone who can put it all together.

I just want to put this season behind us and move on now. Second was success a few years ago but second in the manner second has occurred this year is no longer good enough. It's been a very poor season from us and we've got what we have deserved out of it - shag all!
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

And to cap it all the quiet neighbours romped home !!!

Banned

A dive ?!?!? You're literally the first person I've heard say it was a dive. It was nothing to do with his leg, Larsson blatantly has two hands on his back and pushes him over. Why you would be interested in Bale's leg is anyones guess. The referee apologised to Bale when they were kicking off for the second half and everybody involved on Sky as well the journos at the game on Twitter have all said it was appalling officiating. I suggest you get your eyes sorted. It was absolutely disgusting from Marriner, made even worse by the fact he was at least 20 yards away.

Anyway, 72 points and not enough. The most we've made in a season for years and years. Arsenal superbly strong in the last third of the year again and they deserve it. Looking forward to some big changes at Spurs this year.
    Absolute blatant foul but it was initially 5 yards outside the box. But what a fantastic goal, the most talented player in the Prem, closely followed by Suarez.