Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 123456781424 ... LastLast

Thread: Nfl 2012

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Stirlingshire Saint View Post
    It has to be said though, Luck is incredible. What a QB he already is, he could be anything he wants. We had one of the best D's in the league prior to Sunday, he tore us to pieces like Brady usually does.
    I know not many on here follow College Football but from having the pleasure of seeing him play alot at Stanford it wasn't even debatable whether he was suited to playing in the NFL. Peyton Manning turned pro in 1998, Tom Brady in 2000. Luck could turn out to be the best QB since them and could go on and be better than them. His potential is huge, greater than those who have turned pro between 2000 and now, such as Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning, etc.

Already he is 4th in the league in passing yards and level with Peyton for the most completions of over 20 yards. Those two stats tell the story. He is passing alot, taking chances, throwing deep and it's paying off because of his ability. His passer rating isn't great, his completion rate is average, but he is getting it done when he needs to with great passes at important moments.

Indy all of a sudden are becoming interesting. 5-3 and with Jacksonville, Tennessee and Buffalo to play in 3 of their next 5 (likely losing to NE and Detroit). If they can be at 8-5 going into the last few weeks they have a chance. They play Houston twice in the last 3 weeks, but better to play the class of the division late on when the QB is on fire and the team have something to play for than early on I reckon. If Indy make the play-offs Luck will have to stay at a high level, and if he does they have a chance and he also has a shot at making the AFC pro bowl squad in his rookie year.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I know not many on here follow College Football but from having the pleasure of seeing him play alot at Stanford it wasn't even debatable whether he was suited to playing in the NFL. Peyton Manning turned pro in 1998, Tom Brady in 2000. Luck could turn out to be the best QB since them and could go on and be better than them. His potential is huge, greater than those who have turned pro between 2000 and now, such as Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning, etc.

Already he is 4th in the league in passing yards and level with Peyton for the most completions of over 20 yards. Those two stats tell the story. He is passing alot, taking chances, throwing deep and it's paying off because of his ability. His passer rating isn't great, his completion rate is average, but he is getting it done when he needs to with great passes at important moments.

Indy all of a sudden are becoming interesting. 5-3 and with Jacksonville, Tennessee and Buffalo to play in 3 of their next 5 (likely losing to NE and Detroit). If they can be at 8-5 going into the last few weeks they have a chance. They play Houston twice in the last 3 weeks, but better to play the class of the division late on when the QB is on fire and the team have something to play for than early on I reckon. If Indy make the play-offs Luck will have to stay at a high level, and if he does they have a chance and he also has a shot at making the AFC pro bowl squad in his rookie year.
    Seriously, Luck was incredible v Miami, absolutely incredible.

As I've said we have one of the best D's in the NFL, routinely creating sacks, QB pressures, we had the second best 3rd down stops in the league, 5th best red zone D, all kinds and he killed us. We barely laid a finger on him and he completed about eight 3rd downs conversions on us. Whats more, Indy didn't have a running game as we completely stopped that until late in the game when Luck began taking advantage of us dropping deep to defend the pass. Basically, it was all on his shoulders and he came through handsomely. About as impressive a rookie performance as I have ever seen.

There were a couple of things though. Wake was held all day and the officials called it once. Smith missed a big time interception late in the game and our centre Pouncey was called for 2 penalties for false starts on our final drive of the game which took us from FG range to outside. They were the first time in his career he's been called for false starts. He's said since he is still bemused by them.

Tannehill threw 22 from 38 for 290 yards and 1 TD with 0 INT.
    Luck threw for 30 from 48, 433 yards and 2 TD's with 0 INT.

Amazing performances from 2 rookie QB's. We've seen all the hype about RGIII but I really think over the next decade in the AFC this is going to be the rivalry. Tannehill v Luck. Both seriously impressive.

In The West Stand

Seriously, Luck was incredible v Miami, absolutely incredible.

As I've said we have one of the best D's in the NFL, routinely creating sacks, QB pressures, we had the second best 3rd down stops in the league, 5th best red zone D, all kinds and he killed us. We barely laid a finger on him and he completed about eight 3rd downs conversions on us. Whats more, Indy didn't have a running game as we completely stopped that until late in the game when Luck began taking advantage of us dropping deep to defend the pass. Basically, it was all on his shoulders and he came through handsomely. About as impressive a rookie performance as I have ever seen.

There were a couple of things though. Wake was held all day and the officials called it once. Smith missed a big time interception late in the game and our centre Pouncey was called for 2 penalties for false starts on our final drive of the game which took us from FG range to outside. They were the first time in his career he's been called for false starts. He's said since he is still bemused by them.

Tannehill threw 22 from 38 for 290 yards and 1 TD with 0 INT.
    Luck threw for 30 from 48, 433 yards and 2 TD's with 0 INT.

Amazing performances from 2 rookie QB's. We've seen all the hype about RGIII but I really think over the next decade in the AFC this is going to be the rivalry. Tannehill v Luck. Both seriously impressive.
    RG3 should be renamed TT2. Thats all he is really, a running back who is ok at passing.

Luck and Tannehill are the real deal IMO

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyl View Post
    RG3 should be renamed TT2. Thats all he is really, a running back who is ok at passing.

Luck and Tannehill are the real deal IMO
    Depends how Washington use him. They've adapted their whole offense to his college scheme, forcing him to take hits he really shouldn't be. He has all the throws as well, which seperates him from the likes of Newton IMHO. I still think if they continue with that offense though, he won't last 5 years in the NFL.

I agree re Luck and Tannehill though.

Only just getting into the NFL, I am liking it so far not sure on all the rules yet and it could do with less adverts but on the whole good.

Who do you guys support? So far I'm liking the look of Green Bay, Dallas and New England. Not sure who to follow yet, I'm inching towards Green Bay or Dallas out of the 3.
    Seasoned logs for sale £3.50 per net bag or £30 for 10 net bags delivered within Billinge/Wigan area.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 29wes28 View Post
    Only just getting into the NFL, I am liking it so far not sure on all the rules yet and it could do with less adverts but on the whole good.

Who do you guys support? So far I'm liking the look of Green Bay, Dallas and New England. Not sure who to follow yet, I'm inching towards Green Bay or Dallas out of the 3.
    49ers for me, like watching the repeats on sky on the Monday, cuts out a lot of the waiting, great sport and surprised how few rugby fans are into it

Yes I used to watch it as a kid at my nans on the weekends and liked Dallas then just because I liked the name.

I never give it a chance after that because its on at daft o clock but I taped a game and watched it back and was very pleasantly surprised so now I have the games series linked and will be watching with interest.
    Seasoned logs for sale £3.50 per net bag or £30 for 10 net bags delivered within Billinge/Wigan area.

Yes I used to watch it as a kid at my nans on the weekends and liked Dallas then just because I liked the name.

I never give it a chance after that because its on at daft o clock but I taped a game and watched it back and was very pleasantly surprised so now I have the games series linked and will be watching with interest.
    Miami Dolphins for me.

It can be tough going as you first watch with how slow it seems and the confusion with the plays called. However, stick with it and its great. Such a tactical sport and brilliant performers.

I still hate the advertisements mind, regardless of how much I love the sport.

Come and watch Lancashire Wolverines. All the action, all the passion, non of the bud light commercials.

Other than that, Ohio State.

Don't follow Dallas. I had hair before I started following them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Ski View Post
    Other than that, Ohio State.
    Surely you mean THE Ohio State! They'd be National Title contenders this season without the bowl ban, they will be very good next season. My college team is Texas. I have a good mate who went over and studied there. I've been to Austin and seen them play, awesome place. The Texas Longhorns museum on campus was enough to make me love them for life, even the framed jersey Vince Young wore at the 2006 Rose Bowl seemed amazing to me.

Surely you mean THE Ohio State! They'd be National Title contenders this season without the bowl ban, they will be very good next season. My college team is Texas. I have a good mate who went over and studied there. I've been to Austin and seen them play, awesome place. The Texas Longhorns museum on campus was enough to make me love them for life, even the framed jersey Vince Young wore at the 2006 Rose Bowl seemed amazing to me.
    I got into Buckeyes in similar circumstance. One of my team mates goes out every year to watch them.

Meyer has had such a positive influence. The team got "juice" and it shows. If miller could be more positive he will be more than just a baller.

I'd like Dallas to get their mits on Stoneburner to replace Witten.

I reckon Tannehill's replacement at Texas A&M is going to be better than him. His name is Johnny Manziel, he is already called 'Johnny Football' and in his freshman year he is set to almost match what Tannehill did in his Senior year in college.

Tonight he gave one of the best QB displays I have ever seen at college level, on the road at the defending champions Alabama and he could be the first freshman to ever win the Heisman Trophy. His passer rating in his first season after ten games is 155.56 which is exceptional at any level. Three or four years down the line every NFL fan will know his name, he is going to be very special.

Is there any way of watching the college games?

In The West Stand

Is there any way of watching the college games?
    ESPN america

In The West Stand

I reckon Tannehill's replacement at Texas A&M is going to be better than him. His name is Johnny Manziel, he is already called 'Johnny Football' and in his freshman year he is set to almost match what Tannehill did in his Senior year in college.

Tonight he gave one of the best QB displays I have ever seen at college level, on the road at the defending champions Alabama and he could be the first freshman to ever win the Heisman Trophy. His passer rating in his first season after ten games is 155.56 which is exceptional at any level. Three or four years down the line every NFL fan will know his name, he is going to be very special.
    watched some highlight of him, ………… me he can rocket a ball in. I must say one thing though, on all of the clips he is given about 20 seconds plus to scout around and pick a pass, the NFL is obviously a different league to that!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyl View Post
    watched some highlight of him, ………… me he can rocket a ball in. I must say one thing though, on all of the clips he is given about 20 seconds plus to scout around and pick a pass, the NFL is obviously a different league to that!!
    He is very definitely a QB who can handle pressure and can get out of trouble. He did it a few times last night, on one occasion landing a TD pass when he looked like he might be sacked.

Being a good college QB is no guarantee of being a good NFL QB, you are right. It's a different world, and great college QB's like Tebow and Young never really looked like they had the pocket presence and passing ability to make it at pro level. But lots do. A player like Andrew Luck is a once in a decade type passing QB, he will be truly great. But I see a lot in Manziel to think if he progresses and improves over the next 3 years he can be a special QB.

In his Freshman year he is almost matching what Tannehill did in his Senior Year in 2011, and he is doing it in a tougher league as well as Texas A&M moved to the SEC this season. Some reckon Alabama could beat some NFL teams, they are very good and churn out top class NFL defensive players. Manziel coped well with them in his first season and so the omens are good for him.

Who's RG3

In The West Stand

Who's RG3
    Washingtons quarter back.

Thanks JL

He is very definitely a QB who can handle pressure and can get out of trouble. He did it a few times last night, on one occasion landing a TD pass when he looked like he might be sacked.

Being a good college QB is no guarantee of being a good NFL QB, you are right. It's a different world, and great college QB's like Tebow and Young never really looked like they had the pocket presence and passing ability to make it at pro level. But lots do. A player like Andrew Luck is a once in a decade type passing QB, he will be truly great. But I see a lot in Manziel to think if he progresses and improves over the next 3 years he can be a special QB.

In his Freshman year he is almost matching what Tannehill did in his Senior Year in 2011, and he is doing it in a tougher league as well as Texas A&M moved to the SEC this season. Some reckon Alabama could beat some NFL teams, they are very good and churn out top class NFL defensive players. Manziel coped well with them in his first season and so the omens are good for him.
    Come on !

Tannehill became a QB in his final college year, he was a WR previous. Prior to the draft he'd played 19 games as a QB. He is still an absolute novice and still looks like he does.

I know its early and in the NFL QB's have to be judged (generally) over a 3 year period but Tannehill looks like a genuine franchise QB, which is as rare as rocket horse muck. I honestly think Luck v Tannehill is going to be a real rivalry over the next decade. Luck obviously a ready made, bona fide QB and probably a future SB winner. Tannehill however quietly is doing brillantly and what must be acknowledged is that Tannehill has nobody on offense of any reputation at all. He is doing seriously well and with hopefully some weapons from FA and the Draft, next year he should be even better.

Come on !

Tannehill became a QB in his final college year, he was a WR previous. Prior to the draft he'd played 19 games as a QB. He is still an absolute novice and still looks like he does.

I know its early and in the NFL QB's have to be judged (generally) over a 3 year period but Tannehill looks like a genuine franchise QB, which is as rare as rocket horse muck. I honestly think Luck v Tannehill is going to be a real rivalry over the next decade. Luck obviously a ready made, bona fide QB and probably a future SB winner. Tannehill however quietly is doing brillantly and what must be acknowledged is that Tannehill has nobody on offense of any reputation at all. He is doing seriously well and with hopefully some weapons from FA and the Draft, next year he should be even better.
    I already spoke to you about that in #41. I am well aware of Tannehills pros and cons, I watched him a lot last season and already told you I think he'll be a good NFL QB. He wasn't a receiver for two and a half years at A&M because nobody knew he could play at QB. He battled for the QB job three times and lost out, only getting the job fully in his senior year. Manziel is there as a No.1 starter already and putting up numbers Seniors would be proud of at College level. Tannehill is a good QB, his Senior year at A&M was a very good season, he put up great numbers and I always thought he'd do well at NFL level. Manziel at this stage of his career is as good if not better than him though, IMO.

Banned

Giants getting another tonking in Cincinatti. We have never won there before and it won't be starting tonight barring a miracle. Glad we have a bye week next week to get a rest and work on our glaring deficiencies

In The West Stand

This Denver defence need to be tested for performance enhancing substances tonight !!! Talk about single handedly winning a game,

Hey guys as you know Im an NFL newbie but loving the sport please stick with me Im a quick learner, what is a franchise player, I know roughly how the drafts work but keep hearing the commentators say they should make xy a franchise player???

Thanks

Banned

Hey guys as you know Im an NFL newbie but loving the sport please stick with me Im a quick learner, what is a franchise player, I know roughly how the drafts work but keep hearing the commentators say they should make xy a franchise player???

Thanks
    Not 100% but I think they mean the top earner and the face of the side.

In Fact :- Any NFL team can designate a single player as its franchise player and therefore restrict the player from entering a free agency.