WA10 3BZ

01744 26437

or

Heathfield Farm Shop
    Mill Lane
    Widnes
    WA8 3UU
    0151 420 2047

The first one is just past West Park RU before you reach the Grapes pub.

The second one is at Bold Heath, next to Wyevale Garden Centre.

Both have regular bus services from St Helens town centre.

Thank you for the info

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

Chatting to a bloke recently who made a valid point that it is in the Establishment's interest each time a pub shuts down. It means one less place where the great unwashed can congregate and debate the shortcomings of the ruling classes.

He had a point. Think about the last time there was a local issue which required debate; a proposed new road, mobile telephone mast etc. If enough people feel strongly about it, where do you arrange a meeting???

Quote Originally Posted by BoldMiners View Post
    Chatting to a bloke recently who made a valid point that it is in the Establishment's interest each time a pub shuts down. It means one less place where the great unwashed can congregate and debate the shortcomings of the ruling classes.

He had a point. Think about the last time there was a local issue which required debate; a proposed new road, mobile telephone mast etc. If enough people feel strongly about it, where do you arrange a meeting???
    Online?

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BoldMiners View Post

Very Orwellian !

Got A Season Ticket Brimah Kebbie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldun View Post
    I believe Tesco has received planning permission to turn the Huntsman into a Tesco express so knocking more small independent shops in yick
    You don't require planning permission to convert a pub to a shop. Tesco applied to make alterations to the building etc.
    "I'd rather be on Blackpool Beach than Bondi Beach. They can keep the country to themselves."

Cant beet a peoper butchers though sadly often for a treat. But at least there thick bacon is thick an doesnt shrivel in the pan when all the injected water evaporates. Englands in Pemberton (as I am exiled to Wihan these days). Sad about pubs too but Delph in Orrell is fab or the Foot in Billinge both cracking real ale but maybe due to food too. Mind you the Poacher in Wigan Winstanley has great people and makes the most of food but their keeping of ale leaves a lot to be desired.