Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SL Refereeing

Starting A Programme Collection saints123's Avatar

Why are you here ?

Got A Replica Shirt

Poor display today. You can cope with a ref who is consistently bad as it is the same for both sides. It is when he is inconsistently bad that problems arise (like today). We had the worst of his decisions but I don’t think there was any bias, as some were shouting – shall we say his level of competence wasn’t as high as he would have liked.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by St Leigh View Post
    Poor display today. You can cope with a ref who is consistently bad as it is the same for both sides. It is when he is inconsistently bad that problems arise (like today). We had the worst of his decisions but I don’t think there was any bias, as some were shouting – shall we say his level of competence wasn’t as high as he would have liked.
    That word sums it up "inconsistant" Saints players drag Hull player in touch penalty to Hull, Leeds did it to Saints 2 week ago its acceptable, the dummy runner or obstruction its a lottery whats given, the rules need clearing up or at least refs need enlightening

Some of his decisions were baffling to say the least, but the worst part of his 'performance' came just before half-time when Swift was dragged over into touch which you cannot do (something that we were penalised for vs Leeds if I remember rightly) and then on the next set he wiped the tackle count clean deeming that Saints had played at the ball when he clearly did not. If he has also done another '7 tackle' incident AGAIN then the RFL need to get rid of him.

2 refs is not the solution YET I don't think; in a few years maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by saints123 View Post
    Why are you here ?
    For the same reasons that you are, I should imagine.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

It would all be much easier for them if they got back to the ball carrier being responsible for the ball and allowing players to be pushed in goal or in touch providing he hasn't called 'held'. Why on earth putting players in touch was amended is beyond me, I didn't think there was anything wrong with the rule in the first place and similar with a knock on/ball steal. Allowing the officials to basically police the offside and the ruck would make it a lot easier.

Learning All The Songs

A simple way to sort out the dummy runner/obstruction problem is to ban the use of dummy runners. I've never understood how a player running into the defensive line without the ball is anything but obstruction.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    A simple way to sort out the dummy runner/obstruction problem is to ban the use of dummy runners. I've never understood how a player running into the defensive line without the ball is anything but obstruction.
    If it was made as simple as that, every time a man overran a pass it would be a penalty

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Smack on a diagonal runner is a blocker to the defence and as such obstruction, unfortunatly its in the modern game so cant be sorted so we will get the inconsistant decisions, and Albion was right i got it wrong way round i knew what i meant :-) too many lagers

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by cement city saint View Post
    Smack on a diagonal runner is a blocker to the defence and as such obstruction, unfortunatly its in the modern game so cant be sorted so we will get the inconsistant decisions, and Albion was right i got it wrong way round i knew what i meant :-) too many lagers
    how many lagers try the whisky weve just won the treble again hi o man of steel

Learning All The Songs

There's a big difference with a player over running a pass and some of the dummy runner antics that go on now.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy h View Post
    how many lagers try the whisky weve just won the treble again hi o man of steel
    Hah the treble and not knocking Lance he had a decent game today, must admit they put the effort in and played like Saints should, put that bottle away Jimmy or them flying pink pigs and cuckoos will be out again :-)

Learning All The Songs

Hah the treble and not knocking Lance he had a decent game today, must admit they put the effort in and played like Saints should, put that bottle away Jimmy or them flying pink pigs and cuckoos will be out again :-)

Learning All The Songs

they are all around me with wigan shirts on i will never learn good to see rush giving the young lads a chance today must read red vee .

they are all around me with wigan shirts on i will never learn good to see rush giving the young lads a chance today must read red vee .
    Pink pigs wearing Wigan shirts, think we need a talk on wednsday, ur right there they didnt let us down either, Swift as the makings of a good winger,our back line today was young but they didnt let us down

Learning All The Songs

l
    Pink pigs wearing Wigan shirts, think we need a talk on wednsday, ur right there they didnt let us down either, Swift as the makings of a good winger,our back line today was young but they didnt let us down
    lets hope he gives them another chance against bradford next week they should keep their shirts

l

lets hope he gives them another chance against bradford next week they should keep their shirts
    We have a good run now beat Bradford easy, Salford away winable, Hull kr home beat easy, Widnes away easy so we could be up there, who knows old Trafford oh no

Learning All The Songs

We have a good run now beat Bradford easy, Salford away winable, Hull kr home beat easy, Widnes away easy so we could be up there, who knows old Trafford oh no
    are you seeing pink elephants and cuckoos i will have to see you on wednesday ttfn .

are you seeing pink elephants and cuckoos i will have to see you on wednesday ttfn .
    i am but they arnt wearing cherry and white shirts :-) do think we will meet Wigan at Old Trafford cya Jimmy

Got A Season Ticket Brimah Kebbie's Avatar

Does anyone know if the try was scored on the 7th tackle?
    "I'd rather be on Blackpool Beach than Bondi Beach. They can keep the country to themselves."

Starting A Programme Collection wrexhamsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brimah Kebbie View Post
    Does anyone know if the try was scored on the 7th tackle?
    I've just watched the highlights on SLTV and none of the tries was on the 7th tackle. Alibert is still an embarrassment, though.
    Burning with optimism's flames.

It isn't just superleague refereeing that isn't consistent. All refereeing seems to be pants at the minute!