Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Matty Smith Signed for Wigan?

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mulder View Post
    If this is true the only thing I can think of regarding this is that Salford will get money for him. They are desperate for funds and him going now will mean Wigan will have to pay something for him.
    There's mutterings on the Salford board that they're close to admin too. I do hope not.

Got A Season Ticket Londonsaints's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    There's mutterings on the Salford board that they're close to admin too. I do hope not.
    Wigan press says they have paid a fee and he will make his debut v Wakefield on Sunday . Have Salford cashed in now due to the rumoured financial problems and have they given up of a play off spot cum end of season . Despite Sean Wane's bullish comments about Thomas L being fit during August - looking doubtful perhaps now?
    No more 500 Mile round trip for home games - moved to Warrington - now that makes more sense!

My profile says ' Waiting for the No 17' ? Don't have a danny what that is all about?!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Londonsaints View Post
    Wigan press says they have paid a fee and he will make his debut v Wakefield on Sunday . Have Salford cashed in now due to the rumoured financial problems and have they given up of a play off spot cum end of season . Despite Sean Wane's bullish comments about Thomas L being fit during August - looking doubtful perhaps now?
    I think after Wane's comments about Logan Tomkins last Friday, Matty will be a backup for Tommy and McIlorum as the season draws to a close. I am happy with the signing, can put the nesy 13 in the league back in his best position so its a win/win situation.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Londonsaints View Post
    I think after Wane's comments about Logan Tomkins last Friday, Matty will be a backup for Tommy and McIlorum as the season draws to a close. I am happy with the signing, can put the best 13 in the league back in his best position so its a win/win situation.

How does this move affect the salary cap? I am sure they were on the limit before this?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Sausalito View Post
    How does this move affect the salary cap? I am sure they were on the limit before this?
    Don't worry,they'll have a story ready somewhere

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Sausalito View Post
    Amos Roberts retired injured, so his salary is available.

Page 1 #3.

Thowd Rogue was reet again.

Wigan must have been desperate / panicking with Tommy being injured. Where are all the youngsters to help them through this. I thought their young ones were the 'Bees Knees'. Now would have been the time to see what they are made of. He (Matty) will be cup tied for the cup semi final so they will have to find someone to fill the gap then.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mulder View Post
    Wigan must have been desperate / panicking with Tommy being injured. Where are all the youngsters to help them through this. I thought their young ones were the 'Bees Knees'. Now would have been the time to see what they are made of. He (Matty) will be cup tied for the cup semi final so they will have to find someone to fill the gap then.
    They have a few good prospects but no one who can actually do the Job. The spine of Wigans teams is disappearing, Thomas Leuluai and Finch off to the NRL, O'Loughlin rumoured to be following them. Which just leaves Tomkins as what you would consider an elite Wigan player. There has got to be pressure to cash in on their success so far this season as it is going to a lot harder in the future.

Matty can do a good job for them up to the playoff then Leuluai will come back for them. It does show that Wigan are thinking on their feet.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post

Page 1 #3.

Throw enough darts and you will hit the board eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    They have a few good prospects but no one who can actually do the Job. The spine of Wigans teams is disappearing, Thomas Leuluai and Finch off to the NRL, O'Loughlin rumoured to be following them. Which just leaves Tomkins as what you would consider an elite Wigan player. There has got to be pressure to cash in on their success so far this season as it is going to a lot harder in the future.

Matty can do a good job for them up to the playoff then Leuluai will come back for them. It does show that Wigan are thinking on their feet.
    Not sure where you have heard that but it is absolute rubbish!!

Quote Originally Posted by hazzo21 View Post
    Not sure where you have heard that but it is absolute rubbish!!
    Souths is the rumour. I find it unlikely too but it wont go away until he signs a new contract.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    Souths is the rumour. I find it unlikely too but it wont go away until he signs a new contract.
    O'Loughlin (and McIlorum) have already agreed new contracts at Wigan.

In The South Stand

Page 1 #3.

I think the welsh lad (s) were all exempt from cap if any club was willing to take up their contracts? Correct me if im wrong.

Got A Season Ticket Londonsaints's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post
    I think after Wane's comments about Logan Tomkins last Friday, Matty will be a backup for Tommy and McIlorum as the season draws to a close. I am happy with the signing, can put the best 13 in the league back in his best position so its a win/win situation.
    Bazdev, didn't see wane's comments on Logan Tompkins ? Tthink smith is a good signing tho - doing it now makes sense but does suggest Salford.may be in looming financial mire.
    No more 500 Mile round trip for home games - moved to Warrington - now that makes more sense!

My profile says ' Waiting for the No 17' ? Don't have a danny what that is all about?!

O'Loughlin (and McIlorum) have already agreed new contracts at Wigan.
    Missed that. Couldn't find anything on the t'internet. Or is this another Rogues exclusive?

Learning All The Songs

Judas !

It is a good move for the Pies,but it is worrying on another front if the rumour that Salford could be about to do a 'Bradford'.If this proves to be true,what is the point of the franchise system? Its obvious it doesnt work when the whole idea was to protect the financial future of the SL clubs.

Banned

Matty Smith is crap! It shows the state the game is in Wigan are chasing him, and the ape they cant shut up is on one again.

Salford is a worry, John Wilkinson is lets say being persuaded to not to further invest and Peel holdings are being pushed into a corner. That corner could end with Sale rebranding and sole or senior tennants. Rugby League cant afford another.

Why are peel being pushed?

Please expand?!?
    Seasoned logs for sale £3.50 per net bag or £30 for 10 net bags delivered within Billinge/Wigan area.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Tallahassee View Post
    It is a good move for the Pies,but it is worrying on another front if the rumour that Salford could be about to do a 'Bradford'.If this proves to be true,what is the point of the franchise system? Its obvious it doesnt work when the whole idea was to protect the financial future of the SL clubs.
    It's not the structure it's the administration/audit of the financials that cause the problem. If the clubs play by the rules and stay honest it's not possible for the clubs to go bust.Wigan set the pace with creative accounting throughout the last two decades of 1900's and others followed to be able to compete, and not witness the shabby parades of late 80's when full time professionals played gifted amateurs.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by lee.ashtonsaint View Post
    I think the welsh lad (s) were all exempt from cap if any club was willing to take up their contracts? Correct me if im wrong.
    You are wrong, nothing usual there though. Any overseas based Crusaders players were exempt from the quota regulations when the moved clubs.