Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131929 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 10

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    I wrote a detailed, but polite letter to the club almost a month ago, mainly to enquire and put to bed the Cladding issue. In response; so far, nothing...
    Question - who did you send it to? Have you tried emailing Mike Appleton? (sorry if you get even more work Mike!) He's pretty sharp at responding and I'm sure will pass things on to whom it may concern

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    Question - who did you send it to? Have you tried emailing Mike Appleton? (sorry if you get even more work Mike!) He's pretty sharp at responding and I'm sure will pass things on to whom it may concern
    I e-mailed Mike about this recently - silence I'm afraid.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    I wrote a detailed, but polite letter to the club almost a month ago, mainly to enquire and put to bed the Cladding issue. In response; so far, nothing...
    You didn't send it to Knowsley Road by any chance?

Seriously. The club should be responding to these, even if it's just a 'holding' reply. Keep at 'em!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    The club should be responding to these, even if it's just a 'holding' reply. Keep at 'em!
    A simple press release to the St Helens Star or the wider media would do. Look at Liverpool, they just did a press release on how they are getting closer to deciding what to do with their stadium plans. It essentially meant nothing but it at least shows that they are aware that there is an issue. Saints could do the same with this, just to lower the levels of annoyance from some of us.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    A simple press release to the St Helens Star or the wider media would do. Look at Liverpool, they just did a press release on how they are getting closer to deciding what to do with their stadium plans. It essentially meant nothing but it at least shows that they are aware that there is an issue. Saints could do the same with this, just to lower the levels of annoyance from some of us.
    It would help a lot!...But anyone who bothers to write a letter should be getting a personal response of some sort. It's basic customer care.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    It would help a lot!...But anyone who bothers to write a letter should be getting a personal response of some sort. It's basic customer care.
    Agreed, it's the bare minimum to be expected really. Generic response, first class stamp, not hard really is it?

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Agreed, it's the bare minimum to be expected really. Generic response, first class stamp, not hard really is it?
    I have written twice to eammon about other issues and sent the last one recorded delivery and still didn't get a reply!

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by KPnuts View Post
    I have written twice to eammon about other issues and sent the last one recorded delivery and still didn't get a reply!
    I too have written to eammon on two occasions about other issues sending them by recorded delivery and marking them private and confidential and didn't get a reply. Waste of time.

Starting A Programme Collection grahamk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sadfish View Post
    Have you asked the club?
    See above #187

CONVERTED TO THE FAITH.

Starting A Programme Collection SaintJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sadfish View Post
    Have you asked the club?
    Yes, I went down to the ticket office on Wednesday, and asked if we could re-locate to the South Stand, as this option was not available when we purchased our 5 yr tickets. Was informed that only Block C was unallocated, but we could change seats IF Southstand season tickets were not re - newed , So will have to wait until season ticket re-newal time, when I suppose many Northstanders will be on the lookout for un-renewed tickets.

ONCE A SAINT, ALWAYS A SAINT

In The South Stand

It seems to me that the management did not mind reading these columns when they asked for all of the womderful photos that had been taken of the stadiums progress in build but now are very reluctant to admit they know about what is being said about it,s failings.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by exiled old un View Post
    It seems to me that the management did not mind reading these columns when they asked for all of the womderful photos that had been taken of the stadiums progress in build but now are very reluctant to admit they know about what is being said about it,s failings.
    Absolutely spot on.

To be fair, Mike App, who asked for the photos, is not responsible for the "failings" neither is he responsible for Eamonn's correspondence.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    To be fair, Mike App, who asked for the photos, is not responsible for the "failings" neither is he responsible for Eamonn's correspondence.

Yeah, to be honest, that's a very valid point. So with that, scrap my point above in post 212.

In The South Stand

I didn,t say Mike was along with everyone who has had any dealings with him i have time for him, the point i made still stands though, the management, and i am sure it is obvious i direct this not at one person are still in this case are just ignoring what they where so willing to feed of previously.

But you're missing the point. The "management" did not ask for the photos. Mike App did.

The rest of your point, yes they are apparently ignoring us, is valid but by using the photos as an example, you are chastising Mike App which is unfair as he is very communicable with the fans.

Got A Season Ticket

But you're missing the point. The "management" did not ask for the photos. Mike App did.

The rest of your point, yes they are apparently ignoring us, is valid but by using the photos as an example, you are chastising Mike App which is unfair as he is very communicable with the fans.
    Well he hasn't responded to my e-mail. I'll try again - see if he is communicable this week !

Ah...

Don't want to sound too much like the Mike App appreciation society but judging by his Facebook pictures of the Yorkshire Dales, I think he may have been off last week. Hopefully you will get your response on Monday.

In The South Stand

As one of the " Mike App" appreciation society as i have stated, and without having any intention of getting into a discussion about it, having staed that my piont is valid then i would say that anyone would appreciate that a "management " does not consist of any one person and so it follows that more than one person was responsible for approving the use of the photos. I will not say any more on the matter, if Mike is on a well deserved holiday i hope he has a good time.

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

There'll be a lovely cool breeze in the stadium today. Shame games in Manchester in an enclosed sun trap.
    Nobody said life would be easy

In The South Stand

Ah...

Don't want to sound too much like the Mike App appreciation society but judging by his Facebook pictures of the Yorkshire Dales, I think he may have been off last week. Hopefully you will get your response on Monday.
    Had a response earlier in the week saying he was off till today I think.

Banned

we aint getting a fully clad stadium, the design wont take the weight aparently and we cant afford a partial rebuild , as bill gates once said .....life aint fair ,get used to it !

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneislander View Post
    we aint getting a fully clad stadium, the design wont take the weight aparently and we cant afford a partial rebuild , as bill gates once said .....life aint fair ,get used to it !
    Doesn't mean to say that those at fault shouldn't get a damned good panning for it though.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Doesn't mean to say that those at fault shouldn't get a damned good panning for it though.
    Have to admit I am boring myself talking about it now and looks like the club aren't interested in discussing it with its fans. However I still am staggered that, accepting all the positives of achieving such a build in difficult financial times, we are left with a £30 million stadium (according to the club) which has some major fundamental issues. We kept being told all the way through that it is a design and build job etc. Question is did the designers speak to the builders and vice versa

well for a tenner you can ask the main man

http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/page/2026