Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891525 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 10

Learning All The Songs

So, it seems a lot of people are seeking to move to the South stand... what's the betting the prices for south stand seats go up for the next season? Supply and demand and all that. Although I suppose that might be difficult with 5 year agreements.

Just a thought, but a quart won't go into a pint pot.

In The South Stand

Just a thought on the 5yr deal.If Saints have broken their part of the deal,ie Not finished off the stand,does that entitle 5 yr season ticket holders to the right not to renew?

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ploughman View Post
    Just a thought on the 5yr deal.If Saints have broken their part of the deal,ie Not finished off the stand,does that entitle 5 yr season ticket holders to the right not to renew?
    Doubt it.
    It's probably like a train ticket that doesn't guarantee you a seat!

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Doubt it.
    It's probably like a train ticket that doesn't guarantee you a seat!
    Yeah, but the train ticket guarantees you won't be sat outside the carriage !!

Got A Replica Shirt

Brilliant !!!

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Yeah, but the train ticket guarantees you won't be sat outside the carriage !!
    You want to try Southeastern trains mate!

In The South Stand

The north stand will look a bit pathetic when the TV camers are on a half empty stand.

Got A Season Ticket slippery steve's Avatar

Idea

The cladding around the outer perimeter will improve the aesthetic look and also protect people on the concourses, but at a substantial cost. I still think it should be done, however if its finances that are causing the delay, could we not clad up the short gaps at the back of the West Stand and North Stand so the small gap is enclosed for now. This would make a warmer environment to fans on the West Stand and North Stand and also greatly improve the atmosphere and acoustics.

In The South Stand

You are going to get in trouble for saying that word, the one that Saints are probably hoping will fade away.

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exiled old un View Post
    You are going to get in trouble for saying that word, the one that Saints are probably hoping will fade away.
    I'm sure he is sheeting himself oldun
    Nobody said life would be easy

Starting A Programme Collection grahamk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ploughman View Post
    Trouble is ploughman we've already paid. Wonder if we can get a partial breach of contract reduction? probably as likely as shenton winning man of steel.

CONVERTED TO THE FAITH.

Noooobie

I haven't seen anyone mention this, apologies if they have.

At the 'Pie and Peas' afternoon at Langtree Park last Saturday for the Wigan game, host Tommy Martyn was answering questions at the end from the fans there. Then, without the question being asked, he said something along the lines of 'Can I talk about the c word', and sounded very peeved about it (whether he'd been hassled by people about it during the day I don't know). He said he'd spoken to the Stadium Manager that week, and that there was no chance of it happening any time soon. He said the roof would need completely restructuring, and it would cost (he said) millions. In a half-serious voice he asked people to stop mentioning it 'on those forums you go on'.

While I appreciated him telling us, I did wonder - why should it fall to an ex-player, now hospitality manager at the club, to tell fans what is happening with the stadium, an issue lots of fans obviously care a great deal about? The obvious answer is that it shouldn't.

It's precisely the lack of communication and clarification from the powers up high at the club which is causing the issue to fester. I was embarrassed for Tommy. Eamonn - speak to us!!

Got A Season Ticket

Default The Harsh Truth

This has gone on for too long this.

I have sat reading on this forum eagerly watching Stadium Watch when I lived back in Aus. I have looked at most of the documentation for day one watching this stadium grown from application to today in its 'uncompleted form'. The thing is...it is complete

That’s it, not much can be done to change it. And I think a lot of people on here need to realise this.
    Even if, and its a big if that they will even bother now, they install this cheese grater style cladding it will do absolutely nothing to stop this wind and rain or retain any bit of atmosphere created within the ground.

The club bought into an idea. The ‘halo’ roof. In my opinion I think it looks great when I've had the chance to sit in the South stand this year but as I actually hold a West terrace ticket I have seen both sides. It’s bloody cold. The design might look nice but it does not work in the reality of the North West of England. The club bought in to the wrong idea. It cost a large amount of the stadium budget to create this feature and I doubt the club can justify or afford a new roof.

End of the story is, we are going to have to put up with it.
    Unless they do reconfigure the roof to such an extent it can withstand full enclosure, which basically is rebuilding the stadium, it is never going to happen.

I know I should not get annoyed but every two seconds there is a cladding comment but I am. We need to get over it. If people feel that strongly that the micro climate that is Langtree park is too cold to visit they will not come back. The club know that, but honestly they can’t afford to fully fix the problem no matter how many season tickets they lose.

It’s sad but its the truth.

Got A Season Ticket Sceptical Ste's Avatar

Good time lapse video on the Barr website, top right hand corner.

http://www.barr-construction.co.uk/p...eague-stadium/

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I haven't seen anyone mention this, apologies if they have.

At the 'Pie and Peas' afternoon at Langtree Park last Saturday for the Wigan game, host Tommy Martyn was answering questions at the end from the fans there. Then, without the question being asked, he said something along the lines of 'Can I talk about the c word', and sounded very peeved about it (whether he'd been hassled by people about it during the day I don't know). He said he'd spoken to the Stadium Manager that week, and that there was no chance of it happening any time soon. He said the roof would need completely restructuring, and it would cost (he said) millions. In a half-serious voice he asked people to stop mentioning it 'on those forums you go on'.

While I appreciated him telling us, I did wonder - why should it fall to an ex-player, now hospitality manager at the club, to tell fans what is happening with the stadium, an issue lots of fans obviously care a great deal about? The obvious answer is that it shouldn't.

It's precisely the lack of communication and clarification from the powers up high at the club which is causing the issue to fester
    . I was embarrassed for Tommy. Eamonn - speak to us!!
    Exactly. EM was quick to tell us it was the best rugby owned stadium in the country, now when some people don't quite see it that way we are told to be quiet. The reality is I suppose that any comment about the real issues as mentioned above would be to admit a design folly of the highest magnitude and it doesn't look like anybody is prepared to say that publicly. Yet again we get 2nd hand information from somebody who has attended a function at the stadium.

The message from the club is clear - give us 10,000 season ticket holders, but don't expect anything from us in the way of decent communication if you have any concerns - just keep quiet. It's a joke.

Got A Season Ticket

we should all just quite moaning about it and get on with it, and focus our attentions on the team, not having a go hear cos i feel just as passionately about the whole subject but i guess now we all know its not going to happen :/

Learning All The Songs Dynamite Don Brennan's Avatar

Not trying to get all self righteous or owt,but there for the grace of god(EM).
    http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.p...20469&start=60
    Incredibly sad whats going on over there at Bradford.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_SaintsFan07 View Post
    This has gone on for too long this.

I have sat reading on this forum eagerly watching Stadium Watch when I lived back in Aus. I have looked at most of the documentation for day one watching this stadium grown from application to today in its 'uncompleted form'. The thing is...it is complete

That’s it, not much can be done to change it. And I think a lot of people on here need to realise this.
    Even if, and its a big if that they will even bother now, they install this cheese grater style cladding it will do absolutely nothing to stop this wind and rain or retain any bit of atmosphere created within the ground.

The club bought into an idea. The ‘halo’ roof. In my opinion I think it looks great when I've had the chance to sit in the South stand this year but as I actually hold a West terrace ticket I have seen both sides. It’s bloody cold. The design might look nice but it does not work in the reality of the North West of England. The club bought in to the wrong idea. It cost a large amount of the stadium budget to create this feature and I doubt the club can justify or afford a new roof.

Unless they do reconfigure the roof to such an extent it can withstand full enclosure, which basically is rebuilding the stadium, it is never going to happen.

I know I should not get annoyed but every two seconds there is a cladding comment but I am. We need to get over it. If people feel that strongly that the micro climate that is Langtree park is too cold to visit they will not come back. The club know that, but honestly they can’t afford to fully fix the problem no matter how many season tickets they lose.

It’s sad but its the truth.
    So they ****ed up and we just have to accept it then. Well that makes us all feel better about it!
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    So they ****ed up and we just have to accept it then. Well that makes us all feel better about it!
    Unless you have £xxx,xxx amount of money spare to do the cladding then it seems that way.

We have been told all along that it would be completed, not sure what we can do, it's cosmetic, if you want to start some kind of "ISSCA" then go ahead but to be honest it's a bit over the top when you consider our position to say Bradford, or Wakefield or even Wigan without a stadium.....

The best we can do is ask for the definitive answer on it, we missed it on the plans, the club didn't as it was clearly setout to have the "halo" effect.

Either way, either do something or stfu

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Sadfish View Post
    Unless you have £xxx,xxx amount of money spare to do the cladding then it seems that way.

We have been told all along that it would be completed, not sure what we can do, it's cosmetic, if you want to start some kind of "ISSCA" then go ahead but to be honest it's a bit over the top when you consider our position to say Bradford, or Wakefield or even Wigan without a stadium.....

The best we can do is ask for the definitive answer on it, we missed it on the plans, the club didn't as it was clearly setout to have the "halo" effect.

Either way, either do something or stfu
    To be honest if we got some official comment from the club rather than the second-hand, drip-fed rubbish that keeps being put out - I suspect most people would stfu. And by the way its functional not cosmetic, though granted I agree with your comments re the situation of other clubs as i am sure most fans would. The inablity of the club to communicate with its customers has become the bigger issue IMO rather than anybody wanting to start a "give us our cladding" campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Windle Lad View Post
    To be honest if we got some official comment from the club rather than the second-hand, drip-fed rubbish that keeps being put out - I suspect most people would stfu. And by the way its functional not cosmetic, though granted I agree with your comments re the situation of other clubs as i am sure most fans would. The inablity of the club to communicate with its customers has become the bigger issue IMO rather than anybody wanting to start a "give us our cladding" campaign.

Well get something going then and get onto them!

Starting A Programme Collection

It makes my blood boil.
    Because of some idiots obsession with a "Halo" effect roof, Were all gonna have to swallow it and freeze for the duration.
    Comfort and practicality sacraficed purely for asthetics. (it looks crap anyway)
    Not even the decency of an explanation from the club despite some fans signing up for a five year ticket on the basis of mcmanus promising a "fully enclosed stadium".
    Only saints could f..k it up so monumentally.Its pathetic that such a basic commonsense error could be made over such an important issue.
    The people responsible for this lost opportunity to have a ground fit for purpose should at the very least take it on the chin and apolagise for misleading so many fans.

=Rob_SaintsFan07;427452]This has gone on for too long this.

It’s sad but its the truth.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by saintlysid View Post
    It makes my blood boil.
    Because of some idiots obsession with a "Halo" effect roof, Were all gonna have to swallow it and freeze for the duration.
    Comfort and practicality sacraficed purely for asthetics. (it looks crap anyway)
    Not even the decency of an explanation from the club despite some fans signing up for a five year ticket on the basis of mcmanus promising a "fully enclosed stadium".
    Only saints could f..k it up so monumentally.Its pathetic that such a basic commonsense error could be made over such an important issue.
    The people responsible for this lost opportunity to have a ground fit for purpose should at the very least take it on the chin and apolagise for misleading so many fans.
    I don't get your first and third lines.

Did Knowsley Road (RIP) have a different climate? Was it semi tropical up there? I sure as hell remember many games where I froze my tits off. What were people expecting at Langtree Park that was so radically different to any other part of St Helens?

I'd love to run a poll of all season ticket holders and find out how many bought a season ticket based ONLY on the picture shown to them of an artists impression of the stadium.

If you had been shown a picture showing LP exactly as it looks now, complete with climate statistics, would you have really said "Nah mate, screw that. Unless it's 100% enclosed and at room temperature, I'm staying at home." ???

In The South Stand

room temperature, "silly billy" I did expect the concourse to be dry, fans have been "rubber dicked" with the artist impressions of the stadium.
    You dont have to clad the stadium for the concourse to be weather proof, there are other alternatives.

OK, maybe not room temperature and I see what you're saying about the concourse but... the question remains: had you the opportunity to see the stadium exactly as it is now, before you bought your season ticket, would you have not bought the season ticket?