Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: New signings?

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saint mac View Post
    Turner and Manu remember Carvell and Griffin.
    Remember Warrington thinking they'd signed Puletua.

Sean McCrae has stated he is certain Manu wants to stay.
    I'm not fully convinced by these 'rumours'

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    Remember Warrington thinking they'd signed Puletua.

Sean McCrae has stated he is certain Manu wants to stay.
    I'm not fully convinced by these 'rumours'
    i hear wiily mason is looking for a super league club and has signed for saints for next season, along with mal meninga.

Quote Originally Posted by metalsaint View Post
    i hear wiily mason is looking for a super league club and has signed for saints for next season, along with mal meninga.
    Willy's taken his schlong to Newcastle, but Shane Webcke has signed for Saints for 2013, 5 year deal, did I mention this already? not sure I did.

Learning All The Songs Saint of Hull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sadfish View Post
    Willy's taken his schlong to Newcastle, but Shane Webcke has signed for Saints for 2013, 5 year deal, did I mention this already? not sure I did.
    Who is this Shane Webcke bloke? Any stats? Is he any good?
    Rugby League is a Religion, and I worship the Saints!!

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Brett Goldspink anybody ?
    or 'Deals-on-wheels' Derek McVee...

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheeled Saint View Post
    "what a way to make your cup dayboo . . . . f***ing hell"

Legend

In The West Stand Talk some sense!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by french and conlon View Post
    Can anyone find any "footage" of Jordon Turner ?
    If i've got the right guy then he's the one who went on the outside of Shenton in their 20 in our game at LP and proceeded to go the length of the pitch to score

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Quote Originally Posted by Talk some sense! View Post
    If i've got the right guy then he's the one who went on the outside of Shenton in their 20 in our game at LP and proceeded to go the length of the pitch to score
    Thats him
    Learned comment from The Don

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Thats him
    It's perhaps more of an indication on how bad my eyes are rather than how big Turner is in comparrison to Manu but when he made that break against us my first reaction (and I was quite vocal with this) was "How the flip has he (Shenton) let that chap Manu go around him like that!"

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Talk some sense! View Post
    why would we need someone who does that. Give me someone who reads the games well any day of the week instead of that garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheeled Saint View Post
    When I mentioned Goldspink I was referring to Wigan signing beyond the sell by date Saints rejects since RG raised the subject !

Learning All The Songs theres only one stan wall's Avatar

We need to emulate succesful foreign signings such as Amos Roberts & Gelling.

10/12/1989 12-12 v Dewsbury (H) Regal Trophy.
    Att:5,847 (Loyal supporter ever since).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by theres only one stan wall View Post
    We need to emulate succesful foreign signings such as Amos Roberts & Gelling.
    the pies have high hopes of gelling , unfortunately the stadiums owner wont allow him on the pitch until he has been assured by shaun wane that gelling is fully toilet trained and therefore wont repeat his previous indescretions and drop his trolleys and have a c**p in the centre spot

In The South Stand

Isnt it funny how rogues goes into hiding when he's been done. Typical pie, cant have a reasonable debate lol. Id love him to answer an earlier question and explain how he believes that wigan are not tenants at the DW.

I find Manu hard to believe. Reading the Hull Post article it would appear that FC have offered him a 3 year contact on good money. I don't believe we have bettered that.

Turner does make sense. A player that can cover a number of position in both the pack and backs, something we do not seem to have much of at the moment. He would be a straight switch for Flannery and is a Saints style player.

Having said that if Hull are after Arundell, I would much rather we go for him than either of the above players.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    I find Manu hard to believe. Reading the Hull Post article it would appear that FC have offered him a 3 year contact on good money. I don't believe we have bettered that.

Turner does make sense. A player that can cover a number of position in both the pack and backs, something we do not seem to have much of at the moment. He would be a straight switch for Flannery and is a Saints style player.

Having said that if Hull are after Arundell, I would much rather we go for him than either of the above players.

Really?????? We have a pack full of them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lee.ashtonsaint View Post
    Really?????? We have a pack full of them!!!
    Soliola and Flannery thats about it and Flannery is pretty poor in the backs.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    When I mentioned Goldspink I was referring to Wigan signing beyond the sell by date Saints rejects since RG raised the subject !
    I was just a bit giddy.... ;0)

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Isnt it funny how rogues goes into hiding when he's been done. Typical pie, cant have a reasonable debate lol. Id love him to answer an earlier question and explain how he believes that wigan are not tenants at the DW.
    When did I EVER say that Wigan are not tenants at the DW?

And I agree with Noel Cleal, I too would prefer Arundell.

Starting A Programme Collection SaintJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rogues gallery View Post
    when did i ever say that wigan are not tenants at the dw?

FIRA

ONCE A SAINT, ALWAYS A SAINT

I'm not sure what to think on the rumours of Manu and Turner. We don't really need either, more pressing needs are elsewhere.

Manu - He's a good player but I don't see where we fit him. We have loads of second rowers (or players capable of playing there if needed). I wouldn't have him over Wilkin/Soliola starting plus we have Flanagan, TP, Dixon etc. When you factor in his age and the probable cost i don't think i'd go after him.

Turner - Would be a decent squad player but again, I wouldn't play him at 2nd row. At centre (assuming he wouldn't be replacing Shenton) i'd rather leave the other spot open for Wheeler/Jones to compete for. I'd be OK with signing him though because as said he can cover a range of positions.
    Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    That's Conroy for you. 95% of the time he is one of the most knowledgeable posters we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Dan View Post
    I'm not sure what to think on the rumours of Manu and Turner. We don't really need either, more pressing needs are elsewhere.

Manu - He's a good player but I don't see where we fit him. We have loads of second rowers (or players capable of playing there if needed). I wouldn't have him over Wilkin/Soliola starting plus we have Flanagan, TP, Dixon etc. When you factor in his age and the probable cost i don't think i'd go after him.

Turner - Would be a decent squad player but again, I wouldn't play him at 2nd row. At centre (assuming he wouldn't be replacing Shenton) i'd rather leave the other spot open for Wheeler/Jones to compete for. I'd be OK with signing him though because as said he can cover a range of positions.
    At this minute in time i'd not complain about any signings we make, new era under Brown and all that. He'll have his own ideas on how we will play and who will do what and you'd hope/expect him to have had input in the two incomings. His record at Hudds for bringing in players and then performing is pretty decent and you've just got to hope it's all part of the master plan!

Starting A Programme Collection

Sorry to go back to the derailing of a few pages ago, but I really am fascinated by Rogues' comments.

You've been on here all season telling anyone who'll listen that Saints are putting too much faith in the youngsters, too many Indians not enough chiefs, JUST like Wigan in 2003, not enough experienced players.

We bring in some experienced players to compliment the youngsters we have coming through and you're on here slinging mud about it.

Can Saints ever win with you? If you're going to spend your precious time on an internet forum being an odious trolling feckwit then at least try and be consistent with it.

If you honestly believe the absolute guff that you post then I pity you. And if you're just making it up to get this kind of reaction then I pity you even more.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Saint View Post
    Sorry to go back to the derailing of a few pages ago, but I really am fascinated by Rogues' comments.

You've been on here all season telling anyone who'll listen that Saints are putting too much faith in the youngsters, too many Indians not enough chiefs, JUST like Wigan in 2003, not enough experienced players.

We bring in some experienced players to compliment the youngsters we have coming through and you're on here slinging mud about it.

Can Saints ever win with you? If you're going to spend your precious time on an internet forum being an odious trolling feckwit then at least try and be consistent with it.

If you honestly believe the absolute guff that you post then I pity you. And if you're just making it up to get this kind of reaction then I pity you even more.
    I'm assuming you're using Manu to replace Flannery, so your only replacing one "experienced" player with another, in fact Flannery is the more experienced. Turner is a decent player but hardly experienced and only a year older than say Wheeler.
    Your pack of Perry, Roby, Puletua, Soliola, Flannery and Wilkin is hardly green behind the ears is it?

If you were bringing in 26/27/28 year old class players then I could understand (you may well do), which IMO would be the way to go.

Starting A Programme Collection saints123's Avatar

He's also still failed to answer on Rlfans why Chris Bridge should have been sent off at Hudds