Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121828 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 9

Starting A Programme Collection Harri81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJ View Post
    Am sure the plans we were shown at KR [RIP], when we signed up to 5yr season tickets, showed the whole stadium c------.
    I have the same feeling hence my selection on stand.

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    How difficult is it to say what they are doing, what they are not doing and then explain the reasons for it?
    Have you asked?

Starting A Programme Collection Bainsey's Avatar

Should he have to? It was made clear enough the last time cladding was an issue (pre planning) that if any future problems occurred with the addition of extra cladding surely the paying public will want to know? Common courtesy I think it's called?

Got A Season Ticket

Im in the north stand,somwhere in th "A" i honestly couldnt giv a monkeys chuff if its clad or not

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by scousedave View Post
    Im in the north stand,somwhere in th "A" i honestly couldnt giv a monkeys chuff if its clad or not
    Excellent. If you get soaked or fall over on the concourse then don't come running to us!
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsey View Post
    Should he have to? It was made clear enough the last time cladding was an issue (pre planning) that if any future problems occurred with the addition of extra cladding surely the paying public will want to know? Common courtesy I think it's called?
    Precisely sir.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Learning All The Songs Saint Simon's Avatar

personally, i love the stadium as it is, however i can see peoples veiw as its not what was shown to me when i signed up to 5 yrs either. On the training night, my seat in the north was warm(ish) and dry, as were the areas around the bars and refreshment areas, thats all i ask

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJ View Post
    Am sure the plans we were shown at KR [RIP], when we signed up to 5yr season tickets, showed the whole stadium c------.
    The artists impressions that I saw all gave the impression that the stadium was to be fully cladded, but.......

When the detailed plans were first posted on the Council Planning website the elevation drawings showed that there would be no cladding - I noticed this at the time and thought that because there seemed to be a lot of people far more knowledgable than me making comments about the stadium plans on here and nobody had raised the lack of cladding that I must be misreading the plans - also I couldn't imagine that anyone could possibly propose to build a stadium open to the elements at the back and sides! A few months later when the sh*t hit the fan I felt like a tool for not raising the issue at the time and I didn't own up to my stupidity! Enough of my confessions - the point is that the original detailed plans showed no cladding - it was clearly never intended at the outset, although all the "marketing" stuff suggested a fully cladded stadium. I'd give Saints the benefit of the doubt in that they maybe expected that the roof overhang would keep the seats dry (although not the concourse given that it was originally intended to have a chain-link fence, or something similar). As I said in my earlier post, I'm not expecting to have any problem where I'm sitting, but I'd be pretty upset if I was sitting in one of end sections.

Got A Season Ticket

We have stood in a demolition site for the last 20yrs,we'v****ed against walls drank beer from a warm can, so are we really that bothered about a bit of wet that may or may not be on the floor when we go for a pint, it might never rain on a home game for all we know. for those moaning about pics, and artists impressions i say this
    it says waterfields on the back of some busses, but you cant get a pie off the driver!

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by volls_dad View Post
    The artists impressions that I saw all gave the impression that the stadium was to be fully cladded, but.......

When the detailed plans were first posted on the Council Planning website the elevation drawings showed that there would be no cladding - I noticed this at the time and thought that because there seemed to be a lot of people far more knowledgable than me making comments about the stadium plans on here and nobody had raised the lack of cladding that I must be misreading the plans - also I couldn't imagine that anyone could possibly propose to build a stadium open to the elements at the back and sides! A few months later when the sh*t hit the fan I felt like a tool for not raising the issue at the time and I didn't own up to my stupidity! Enough of my confessions - the point is that the original detailed plans showed no cladding.
    This is correct, I saved the plans onto my laptop at the time to show some friends who hadn't seen the designs.

Starting A Programme Collection Harri81's Avatar

We have stood in a demolition site for the last 20yrs,we'v****ed against walls drank beer from a warm can, so are we really that bothered about a bit of wet that may or may not be on the floor when we go for a pint, it might never rain on a home game for all we know. for those moaning about pics, and artists impressions i say this
    it says waterfields on the back of some busses, but you cant get a pie off the driver!
    This is a very good point, however from a much long anticipated and multi million pound stadium you'd expect it to be virtually perfect rather than one issue that does in some lights let it down a little.

In The West Stand

No you dont get a pie from the driver, but nor does the bus advertise you can. But the plans and quotes regards the stadium stated different than is currently being put before us. And yes you are correct about what we have put up with for decades, but surely, we all want the stadium to look like the plans, after all this time waiting, that's not too much to ask for, is it ?

The lack of cladding is very disappointing and gives the stadium an unfinished look, particularly from Peasley Cross Lane. My main concern is how open the stadium is in parts, could be very cold in there in the winter months. Some more communication and clarity from the club wouldn't be helpful too.

Apart from the cladding issue, we should still be thankful for all the clubs hard work in delivering the club and town a fantastic stadium for a fantastic team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    No you dont get a pie from the driver, but nor does the bus advertise you can. But the plans and quotes regards the stadium stated different than is currently being put before us. And yes you are correct about what we have put up with for decades, but surely, we all want the stadium to look like the plans, after all this time waiting, that's not too much to ask for, is it ?
    an artists impression is just that, not a final design. like the difference between an estimate and a quote

In The South Stand

Just been and ordered a new gate for our yard, the firm I went to spent several weeks working on the concourse of the North stand, the boss said it was like a wind tunnel it just sucks the rain into the concourse, he also went on about the use of local firms, wasn't very happy about that either.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Oh shut up.

I am more than happy with the stadium.
    And we need to stop moaning about how it could have been better and get on supporting the team!

Cannot wait for the Widness match.
    COYS

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    Oh shut up.

I am more than happy with the stadium.
    And we need to stop moaning about how it could have been better and get on supporting the team!

Cannot wait for the Widness match.
    COYS
    Seconded!

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsey View Post
    If I were told of something, then later I had reason to doubt the information, rather than gesticulating furiously whilst demanding courtesy yet actually doing nothing about it, I'd ASK.

Learning All The Songs

It's far easier just to moan on here about it RVA

Got A Season Ticket

Im getting the feeling that a lot of posters dont like it because it "LOOKS" un finished! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! i think its beautiful, i love all the steel on show, and how many have actually approached the stadium when the flood lights are on? not pictures! actually been their? with all the light comming through the steel, the brilliant light, the shaddows...........aw man she's a work of art.
    Last edited by scousedave; 17th January 2012 at 09:21.

Learning All The Songs

Im getting the feeling that a lot of posters dont like it because it "LOOKS" un finished! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! i think its beautiful, i love all the steel on show, and how many have actually approached the stadium when the lood lights are on? not pictures! actually been their? with all the light comming through the steel, the brilliant light, the shaddows...........aw man she's a work of art.

I agree with a lot of this, but we now know that when it rains the edges of the North Stand ,adjacent terracing and concourses get wet. As has been said above the stadium was not designed with cladding, but the club put out a statement saying it had become obvious that this was needed and submitted plans for cladding (as above). Though why a designer didn't forsee this problem especially with an oval roof where the overhang is considerably less on the edges is somewhat surprising.

We now await a statement from the club on why and if this situation has changed. Before Friday would be nice, because if it pees it down on Friday I am sure there will be a few more comments flying in especially as unlike the training event a lot of the seats are now occupied.
    Last edited by Windle Lad; 17th January 2012 at 09:41.

In The South Stand

I mentioned months ago what the stadium, whichas someone who went to the other place for nearly 60yrs knows all the problems with the old place,but if i was someone who was being talked into advertising on the new place and i had stood opposite the new stadium on Peasley Cross Lane,well i might just think to myself if i am going to be advertising on something that looks like a steel stockholders yard or an industrial unit, i may as well go and advertise on something else it might give a better impression. Anyone who disagrees with what i have just put go and stand opposite the stadium on Peasley Cross Lane and then tell me i am wrong, as some one posted earlier they where told by someone who had seen it from a bus they did not think it was finished, i think that is being nice, i posted all this months ago and i wonder if the bigwigs have been and looked from across the road at Peasley Cross Lane.

Learning All The Songs

My lot are near the front under the T and I agree. Think they might find H&S issues in concourse though- maybe they could 'roof' the concourse to keep the halo effect? Personally didn't affect me on ST night and won't in general but friday will possibly give the ok for full house signs to start going up if they clear the ramp up and there are no issues with concourses?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by exiled old un View Post
    I mentioned months ago what the stadium, whichas someone who went to the other place for nearly 60yrs knows all the problems with the old place,but if i was someone who was being talked into advertising on the new place and i had stood opposite the new stadium on Peasley Cross Lane,well i might just think to myself if i am going to be advertising on something that looks like a steel stockholders yard or an industrial unit, i may as well go and advertise on something else it might give a better impression. Anyone who disagrees with what i have just put go and stand opposite the stadium on Peasley Cross Lane and then tell me i am wrong, as some one posted earlier they where told by someone who had seen it from a bus they did not think it was finished, i think that is being nice, i posted all this months ago and i wonder if the bigwigs have been and looked from across the road at Peasley Cross Lane.
    Wonder if they could sort advertising on outside to pay for it?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

If you traded in a T Reg fiesta, and bought a brand new Audi which had a leather trim in the brochure, with a cd player, alloy wheeles, and then when you got it, it was fabric, no alloys and a radio. You go to the dealer, and he says "well you've been driving around in an old banger, you should be grateful" you'd see your arse, quite rightly.

The fact is the concourse in the north stand was soaking on the training night. We were told it would be cladded of sorts, hopefully before the season. Now we hear third hand it may not be the case. I like many, knowing the full facts would've ordered tickets in the south. There's 13 of us, so a simple change isn't that straightforward