Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 123456781424 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 9

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by exiled old un View Post
    Is it still there after last nights wind?.
    Blimey are you still finishing off the leftover sprouts?
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Got A Season Ticket

have saints sorted out the roof yet? and well will the cladding be started???

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

Roof Sorted

no news on cladding but they did say a few months back it might only be done for the early part of the season

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/saints..._ticket_sales/
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

Got A Replica Shirt 100% referee!'s Avatar

yes but wembley is only 1mm thick and you don't c the roof being blown off there do u?
    Quote Originally Posted by amywinehouse View Post
    No wonder it blew off. it looks like the tin stuff the yanks use on their wrestling programmes.

Want to referee? www.shrlrs.webs.com
    St Helens Rugby League Referees' Society THE BEST!

Quote Originally Posted by 100% referee! View Post
    yes but wembley is only 1mm thick and you don't c the roof being blown off there do u?
    There are no restrictions on how many characters you use in a post. Absolutely no need to abbreviate here.

Roof is getting sorted they were working under floodlight (not Saints') last night when I finished work at 7pm
    don't forget your darkest hour is only 60 minutes long
    KEEP THE FAITH
    Gene Hunt BACK ON MONDAY 20th
    QUIT YO' JIBBER JABBER

In The South Stand

insulation being fitted via the roof this morning followed by the new sheeting, about a dozen on the job, and they are taking there time, a couple of men on each seperate job.

In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    insulation being fitted via the roof this morning followed by the new sheeting, about a dozen on the job, and they are taking there time, a couple of men on each seperate job.

no pics for us ???? haha
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saints-Crusaders View Post
    no pics for us ???? haha
    dont have your touch.

Learning All The Songs

Few pics from founder members event today......

Learning All The Songs Chris Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geoggy View Post
    Few pics from founder members event today......

Love the bar signs, just hope they are out of yob reach!

Noooobie

Looking good... Do we know what all the bars are going to be named and which stands they are in??

nlwsaint
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by cleigh74 View Post
    Looking good... Do we know what all the bars are going to be named and which stands they are in??
    Off the top of my head, as well as the ones posted, there is Eddington bar (away end), Aussie saints bar, Kiwi saints bar, Murphys bar & Vols bar. Vols bar is in the away end (they said it was because it was less likely to damaged than any of the others there as he was respected by other clubs fans) & the others are dotted around the concourse.
    Last edited by nlwsaint; 13th January 2012 at 22:21.

Noooobie

Thanks nlw. How did the tour go? Im very jealous! Did have a tour a few weeks ago but it was all bare walls then and the bars where yet to be completed.

Learning All The Songs

They also said the signs were hand painted by the guy who does the Robinsons pub signs - here is volls-

Learning All The Songs

Oh and there is also a karalius bar in the south

They also said the signs were hand painted by the guy who does the Robinsons pub signs - here is volls-
    my heart misses a beat whenever i see photos of him.

nlwsaint
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by cleigh74 View Post
    Thanks nlw. How did the tour go? Im very jealous! Did have a tour a few weeks ago but it was all bare walls then and the bars where yet to be completed.
    The tour was great. I'm really impressed with the facilities. The changing rooms are fantastic especially the warm up room (complete with the same "turf" as the widnes pitch). The corporate/hospitality facilities are great & I really hope the club make a lot of money from them. Love the murals all around the concourse & also in the corridors of the hospitality suites. The views from the disabled areas are fantastic. The whole stadium is very spacious & well laid out. The extra cladding should be starting in the next few weeks.

Learning All The Songs

Well impressed with the bar signs - very atmospheric. The internal fit-out really shows the benefits of owning your own stadium - goes up a notch evry time I see it.

Learning All The Songs

Our tour guide sain the north definitely not being cladded - only the ends. To be honest i dont think the north needs it. The roof is much deeper over the north end. You kind of have to be in the stand to see what i mean

Starting A Programme Collection Village Saint's Avatar

Unhappy

Our tour guide sain the north definitely not being cladded - only the ends. To be honest i dont think the north needs it. The roof is much deeper over the north end. You kind of have to be in the stand to see what i mean
    Yeah I heard the North isn't gonna get cladded too which really annoys me to be honest!

Although as your stated its not as crucial as the East and West needing to be cladded, as that the main wind directions and the concourses are much shallower in East and West, I really feel disappointed and slightly neglected as a north stander.

The planning application was granted for North stand cladding too so it must be a decision by Saints to save money as the noth stand is the least visible to passers-by and away fans so maybe does not impact the image of both Saints and LP as much if it's incomplete due to Saints saving money!

Poor form Saints, really disappointed that the icing can't be put on what would be a great cake!

Learning All The Songs

I really think it would only add aesthetics. It may be better for the pitch not to have cladding on one edge.

Sat in your nor stand seat there is a huge concrete platform behind you and then the centre part is cladded and the edges will be 20 to 30 feet behind you so no adverse weather implications.

Ill give you a wave from the fully cladded south stand

I really cant see anyone being disappointed with Langree park. Having been around it yesterday i really cant wait to go back. And the saints gold is a good pint :0)

In The South Stand

disappointed aint the word I would use if its true that the North stand isn't to be cladded, I would have thought there was enough evidence to suggest it did need cladding from the last time we where there, the North stand concourse was wet through, also reports of the North West corner seats being wet, both corners of the North stand are vulnerable to the weather.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Is it right though that those of us who have paid significantly more get worse facilities than the terraces? I know what I thought I was getting when I paid for my season ticket and I'm not.

Why is the South Stand getting significantly better facilities for the same price?

At the end of the day, they have moved the goalposts again without having the decency to inform anyone. That's Saints for you. Communication only comes when you give them a hypothetical Chinese Burn to force them to do so.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Starting A Programme Collection Village Saint's Avatar

I really think it would only add aesthetics. It may be better for the pitch not to have cladding on one edge.

Sat in your nor stand seat there is a huge concrete platform behind you and then the centre part is cladded and the edges will be 20 to 30 feet behind you so no adverse weather implications.

Ill give you a wave from the fully cladded south stand

I really cant see anyone being disappointed with Langree park. Having been around it yesterday i really cant wait to go back. And the saints gold is a good pint :0)
    I agree it will mostly be aesthetics that a clad north stand will bring as when sat down like you said it won't make much of difference. When in the concourse though it can get wet if its raining and if it's high winds which does produce an issue!

This business of it being better for the pitch as more air can get to it as one side isn't clad is a load of nonsense, old Trafford is probably twice as high as LP and yet somehow the players at pitch level continue to breath and survive so I'm sure LP will be fine if the North was clad with 50% perforated cladding.

I am disappointed and feel a bit let down that LP won't be finished as it is excellent apart from this one issue!

Haha I'll give you a wave back.....all be it with a semi-closed fist!