Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345671323 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 9

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    Were you on it at the time?

You should have posted on Tuesday: adds more perspective to the Langtree Park Tornado (that what I'm calling it now) and your info would have quietened down those people who were rattling on about wind speeds - people like me...
    No I wasn't, but if I was I would've shit myself LOL
    don't forget your darkest hour is only 60 minutes long
    KEEP THE FAITH
    Gene Hunt BACK ON MONDAY 20th
    QUIT YO' JIBBER JABBER

In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scratch View Post
    Good pictures, but be careful not to give any ammo to gloating Pie & Wire fans.
    Wire fans can hardly gloat after it happened to them a couple of days ago....and Wigan don't have a stadium of their own to worry about
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

In The South Stand

the roof has been patched up, will need lots more work doing for a finished job.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    the roof has been patched up, will need lots more work doing for a finished job.
    I have just gone past and it wasnt crumpled like sc's pics but there is a huge hole still.

Learning All The Songs

Is there any parking available at the ground, especially for disabled people? I know Tesco will be out of bounds for parking but is there any truth that the town centre car parks will be open on matchdays?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by geordie_saint View Post
    Is there any parking available at the ground, especially for disabled people?
    Lots of disabled parking at the ground. For matches, though, I think you have to book a space? Not sure about that but the club will clear it up for you. I do know though that anybody can park at the ground on non-match days. And yes, the town centre car parks are open for match nights. The Council is still deciding on whether there will be a nominal charge!

I went up to the stadium today as I was signing up for the St Helens 10k run (brave or foolish I have yet to decide). From the perspective outside the stadium there are three holes: two big ones and a little one. Also, near the little one, the sky can be seen between some of the remaining sheets of aluminium. No work was being done on the roof itself, the holes are all still open, but there were some guys on the ground with little instruments and talking.

Learning All The Songs saintollie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by geordie_saint View Post
    Is there any parking available at the ground, especially for disabled people? I know Tesco will be out of bounds for parking but is there any truth that the town centre car parks will be open on matchdays?
    from saints website
    http://www.saintsrlfc.com/club/31

it also says that all disabled places have now been allocated, applications had to be in some time ago.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie's Boots View Post
    Lots of disabled parking at the ground. For matches, though, I think you have to book a space? Not sure about that but the club will clear it up for you. I do know though that anybody can park at the ground on non-match days. And yes, the town centre car parks are open for match nights. The Council is still deciding on whether there will be a nominal charge!
    Thanks for that.

there were some guys on the ground with little instruments and talking.
    A tin whistle band discussing their next gig?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    A tin whistle band discussing their next gig?
    'arf 'arf!

One guy had this little machine in his hand which he kept putting up in the air, looking at and then muttering to two other guys. I tried to earwig as I walked past but the wind blew their words clean away. Meanwhile, some of the remaining roof looked a little shakey!

Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar

It would be an anemometer. Tells them wind speed. They can only work in certain wind conditions with the cherry pickers. 27mph I think, been a while since I used one.
    Nobody said life would be easy

'arf 'arf!

One guy had this little machine in his hand which he kept putting up in the air, looking at and then muttering to two other guys. I tried to earwig as I walked past but the wind blew their words clean away. Meanwhile, some of the remaining roof looked a little shakey!
    was it a light meter to see if it was too dark for play?? lol

In The South Stand

I imagine that the company that did the roof will have said lets go over all of it and cover all the angles, and the straight bits as well, before someone says it, because being a new company i wouln,t think they want this publicity, even though the conditions have been and still are awful.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wardies love child View Post
    It would be an anemometer. Tells them wind speed. They can only work in certain wind conditions with the cherry pickers. 27mph I think, been a while since I used one.
    I wonder if a few of Meli's performances towards the end of last season could have been measured with one of those.

Got A Season Ticket

I was fortunate to be invited to a birthday bash at the LP Founders Bar last night. Excellent room, nice bar area and to top it off Tommy 'God' Martyn pulling pints and running the bar. Excellent night. The Founder Members will have a nice waterhole before the games. Once they get the walls decorated with past & present saints it will be an excellent bar and a good revenue stream for other functions other than games.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by wardies love child View Post
    That would make sense. It was very blowy around the stadium yesterday. Thankfully the wind seems to have calmed down today. Hopefully it will be calm for the week ahead so that the repairs can be completed.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

See theyv'e put the info signs with ref to parking up today.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    See theyv'e put the info signs with ref to parking up today.
    Live in woolyback Wirral- any chance someone can give me a heads up before Widnes game other than we think its TC car parks please?

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by saintokell View Post
    Live in woolyback Wirral- any chance someone can give me a heads up before Widnes game other than we think its TC car parks please?
    Don't think there is any change of stance here, town centre car parks or find a little side street somewhere where there is no parking restrictions

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by saintokell View Post
    Which way do you come into St Helens? And how well do you know St Helens?

In The South Stand

The roof is all netted and a safety rail fitted ready for the repair, the new sheeting arrived as I was leaving.
    Some of the Paragon porta cabins left this morning. The gas holder site looks to be getting quiet busy lifts going up and down several men on top, stinks of gas, very strong smell.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    The roof is all netted and a safety rail fitted ready for the repair, the new sheeting arrived as I was leaving.
    Some of the Paragon porta cabins left this morning. The gas holder site looks to be getting quiet busy lifts going up and down several men on top, stinks of gas, very strong smell.
    I thought it was a gas holder??

Learning All The Songs

Which way do you come into St Helens? And how well do you know St Helens?
    Know St Helens well, and me dad knows it just about as good as anyone still living there now. Can come into town any which way best, can usually work me way round town anyway- most likely come in from the link as the new ground is immense rising light from the floor (urge any saints fan to try this route just for the memory- away fans may start to hate the sight of the lights tho when the see them and think of their last loss there???).

In The South Stand

Is it still there after last nights wind?.