Jungle Out There Banner
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345671323 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 999

Thread: Stadium Watch 9

  1. #51
    Learning All The Songs djgazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    sutton leach
    Posts
    1,794
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    Were you on it at the time?

    You should have posted on Tuesday: adds more perspective to the Langtree Park Tornado (that what I'm calling it now) and your info would have quietened down those people who were rattling on about wind speeds - people like me...
    No I wasn't, but if I was I would've shit myself LOL
    don't forget your darkest hour is only 60 minutes long
    KEEP THE FAITH
    Gene Hunt BACK ON MONDAY 20th
    QUIT YO' JIBBER JABBER

  2. #52
    In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Anywhere at KR
    Age
    53
    Posts
    4,599
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scratch View Post
    Good pictures, but be careful not to give any ammo to gloating Pie & Wire fans.
    Wire fans can hardly gloat after it happened to them a couple of days ago....and Wigan don't have a stadium of their own to worry about
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

  3. #53
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,285
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    the roof has been patched up, will need lots more work doing for a finished job.

  4. #54
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    647
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    the roof has been patched up, will need lots more work doing for a finished job.
    I have just gone past and it wasnt crumpled like sc's pics but there is a huge hole still.

  5. #55
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Overseas/Peterborough
    Posts
    1,623
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Is there any parking available at the ground, especially for disabled people? I know Tesco will be out of bounds for parking but is there any truth that the town centre car parks will be open on matchdays?

  6. #56
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,496
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geordie_saint View Post
    Is there any parking available at the ground, especially for disabled people?
    Lots of disabled parking at the ground. For matches, though, I think you have to book a space? Not sure about that but the club will clear it up for you. I do know though that anybody can park at the ground on non-match days. And yes, the town centre car parks are open for match nights. The Council is still deciding on whether there will be a nominal charge!

    I went up to the stadium today as I was signing up for the St Helens 10k run (brave or foolish I have yet to decide). From the perspective outside the stadium there are three holes: two big ones and a little one. Also, near the little one, the sky can be seen between some of the remaining sheets of aluminium. No work was being done on the roof itself, the holes are all still open, but there were some guys on the ground with little instruments and talking.

  7. #57
    Learning All The Songs saintollie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    at home
    Posts
    1,615
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geordie_saint View Post
    Is there any parking available at the ground, especially for disabled people? I know Tesco will be out of bounds for parking but is there any truth that the town centre car parks will be open on matchdays?
    from saints website
    http://www.saintsrlfc.com/club/31

    it also says that all disabled places have now been allocated, applications had to be in some time ago.

  8. #58
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Overseas/Peterborough
    Posts
    1,623
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie's Boots View Post
    Lots of disabled parking at the ground. For matches, though, I think you have to book a space? Not sure about that but the club will clear it up for you. I do know though that anybody can park at the ground on non-match days. And yes, the town centre car parks are open for match nights. The Council is still deciding on whether there will be a nominal charge!
    Thanks for that.

  9. #59
    RedVee Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    LP SW Corner
    Posts
    9,801
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie's Boots View Post
    there were some guys on the ground with little instruments and talking.
    A tin whistle band discussing their next gig?


  10. #60
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,496
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    A tin whistle band discussing their next gig?
    'arf 'arf!

    One guy had this little machine in his hand which he kept putting up in the air, looking at and then muttering to two other guys. I tried to earwig as I walked past but the wind blew their words clean away. Meanwhile, some of the remaining roof looked a little shakey!

  11. #61
    Learning All The Songs wardies love child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    sutton manor
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,199
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    It would be an anemometer. Tells them wind speed. They can only work in certain wind conditions with the cherry pickers. 27mph I think, been a while since I used one.
    Nobody said life would be easy

  12. #62
    In The West Stand Sausalito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,573
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie's Boots View Post
    'arf 'arf!

    One guy had this little machine in his hand which he kept putting up in the air, looking at and then muttering to two other guys. I tried to earwig as I walked past but the wind blew their words clean away. Meanwhile, some of the remaining roof looked a little shakey!
    was it a light meter to see if it was too dark for play?? lol

  13. #63
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    near leigh
    Posts
    2,687
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I imagine that the company that did the roof will have said lets go over all of it and cover all the angles, and the straight bits as well, before someone says it, because being a new company i wouln,t think they want this publicity, even though the conditions have been and still are awful.

  14. #64
    In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,264
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wardies love child View Post
    It would be an anemometer. Tells them wind speed. They can only work in certain wind conditions with the cherry pickers. 27mph I think, been a while since I used one.
    I wonder if a few of Meli's performances towards the end of last season could have been measured with one of those.

  15. #65
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    454
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I was fortunate to be invited to a birthday bash at the LP Founders Bar last night. Excellent room, nice bar area and to top it off Tommy 'God' Martyn pulling pints and running the bar. Excellent night. The Founder Members will have a nice waterhole before the games. Once they get the walls decorated with past & present saints it will be an excellent bar and a good revenue stream for other functions other than games.

  16. #66
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,496
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wardies love child View Post
    It would be an anemometer. Tells them wind speed. They can only work in certain wind conditions with the cherry pickers. 27mph I think, been a while since I used one.
    That would make sense. It was very blowy around the stadium yesterday. Thankfully the wind seems to have calmed down today. Hopefully it will be calm for the week ahead so that the repairs can be completed.

  17. #67
    Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Moss Bank
    Posts
    1,796
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    See theyv'e put the info signs with ref to parking up today.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

  18. #68
    Learning All The Songs saintokell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    wirral
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,994
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    See theyv'e put the info signs with ref to parking up today.
    Live in woolyback Wirral- any chance someone can give me a heads up before Widnes game other than we think its TC car parks please?

  19. #69
    Got A Replica Shirt
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oxton, Wirral
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saintokell View Post
    Live in woolyback Wirral- any chance someone can give me a heads up before Widnes game other than we think its TC car parks please?
    Don't think there is any change of stance here, town centre car parks or find a little side street somewhere where there is no parking restrictions

  20. #70
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,496
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saintokell View Post
    Live in woolyback Wirral- any chance someone can give me a heads up before Widnes game other than we think its TC car parks please?
    Which way do you come into St Helens? And how well do you know St Helens?

  21. #71
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,285
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    The roof is all netted and a safety rail fitted ready for the repair, the new sheeting arrived as I was leaving.
    Some of the Paragon porta cabins left this morning. The gas holder site looks to be getting quiet busy lifts going up and down several men on top, stinks of gas, very strong smell.

  22. #72
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    0800111999

  23. #73
    In The West Stand Sausalito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,573
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    The roof is all netted and a safety rail fitted ready for the repair, the new sheeting arrived as I was leaving.
    Some of the Paragon porta cabins left this morning. The gas holder site looks to be getting quiet busy lifts going up and down several men on top, stinks of gas, very strong smell.
    I thought it was a gas holder??

  24. #74
    Learning All The Songs saintokell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    wirral
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,994
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie's Boots View Post
    Which way do you come into St Helens? And how well do you know St Helens?
    Know St Helens well, and me dad knows it just about as good as anyone still living there now. Can come into town any which way best, can usually work me way round town anyway- most likely come in from the link as the new ground is immense rising light from the floor (urge any saints fan to try this route just for the memory- away fans may start to hate the sight of the lights tho when the see them and think of their last loss there???).

  25. #75
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    near leigh
    Posts
    2,687
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Is it still there after last nights wind?.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •