Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 31319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 9

In The South Stand

Perhaps we will hear summut tomorrow, do they still hold their board meetings on a Tuesday, they should have all the info from Fridays "watergate", surely then we should get some positive news.

In The West Stand Talk some sense!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    Perhaps we will hear summut tomorrow, do they still hold their board meetings on a Tuesday, they should have all the info from Fridays "watergate", surely then we should get some positive news.
    If board meetings are Tuesday then wouldn't expect anything until Wednesday, however i think you may be meaning the Tuesday press days that they generally have?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Talk some sense! View Post
    These rumours and speculation would be stopped if we waited for the club to let us know, you can't say we need to stop these rumours after starting a fresh one - it doesn't work like that.

I appreciate many people have concerns but the best way to act is to direct communication to the right and relevant channels at the club, or to wait to see what comes from the club in the near future.
    well that's what i mean we just need some sort of statement from the club

Starting A Programme Collection Harri81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Just had an encouraging reply from Saints on the issues I rasied...

Hi Barry,

Hope you are well.

The match was a great benefit to the club and fans as it shows us what we need to do
    ahead of the Salford game.

The fans now know where they need to go for a beer etc and we know things need fixing.

We will be looking at the PA - it's difficult to know how it will function with a
    full crowd - but we know now.

The West Stand will be cladded first, followed by the East Stand. This should
    prevent the wind ripping around the ground. We will then assess if any further work
    is needed.

As for the bar, well, it was the staff's first time on parade so that will only get
    better.

A lot of people have raised the lighting towards Tesco and we will speak to our
    partners about that.

I am glad on the whole you had an enjoyable experience and many thanks for your
    feedback.
    This is encouraging in part, still means us poor mugs in the north won't be any better off though. Have to admit I'm not shocked, only saints can build an amazing stadium, pay millions and leave one of the two biggest stands looking unfinished permanently.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harri81 View Post
    This is encouraging in part, still means us poor mugs in the north won't be any better off though. Have to admit I'm not shocked, only saints can build an amazing stadium, pay millions and leave one of the two biggest stands looking unfinished permanently.
    I'm not sure mate...

prevent the wind ripping around the ground. We will then assess if any further work
    is needed.

I guess that means North Stand.

In The West Stand Talk some sense!'s Avatar

The assesment will surely take into accound Fridays findings and that will presumably result in only one outcome......free wellies for north standers!!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Just had an encouraging reply from Saints on the issues I rasied...

Hi Barry,

Hope you are well.

The match was a great benefit to the club and fans as it shows us what we need to do
    ahead of the Salford game.

The fans now know where they need to go for a beer etc and we know things need fixing.

We will be looking at the PA - it's difficult to know how it will function with a
    full crowd - but we know now.

is needed.

As for the bar, well, it was the staff's first time on parade so that will only get
    better.

A lot of people have raised the lighting towards Tesco and we will speak to our
    partners about that.

I am glad on the whole you had an enjoyable experience and many thanks for your
    feedback.
    But when? Imminently? Within next few weeks? In 6 months? The tone is encouraging nonetheless.

Starting A Programme Collection

I have to almost apologetically add to this, who the hell thought it would be a good idea to design and build the stadium the way it is now?

I mean, what architect or structural designer has thought the 'half-finished' exposed-steelwork look is the way to go in 2012?

The mind boggles at the fact that 'professionals' are taking home money for making absolute blunders like this.

I don't even blame the club so much as I get the impression they've been led down the primrose path by supposed industry 'experts.'

Truly embarrassing.

Spoke to Eamonn today, was at Saints for something unrelated and bumped into him.

Basically, He absolutely agreed about the problems with the cladding and water issues but a few things he mentioned should answer some questions.

a ) I pointed out we are all proud of the achievement, mainly due him, and that we are reporting issues as we want the stadium to be the best in the league, nay country, and that he understand fans comments on the issues related to the stadium, and is thankful for them.
    b ) The club are waiting for reports about the problems from both the broken roof and the Widnes game to be prepared over the next week or so BEFORE cladding is installed. It will be done though once the paperwork is completed. This also negates a possible press release or club statement on the construction work done and needing to be done.
    c ) We need to be patient, as H&S and the above reports take time to put together and get agreed etc.
    d ) A possible reduction of capacity for the Salford game to 17,000.
    e ) The list of problems will be looked into by staff at the club.

The conversation was in no way a meeting and lasted no more than 5 minutes, Eamonn was HAPPY to talk about the C word, I didn't have a list of issues or time to go through them with him, and I would think that still needs to be coordinated.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sadfish View Post
    Spoke to Eamonn today, was at Saints for something unrelated and bumped into him.

Basically, He absolutely agreed about the problems with the cladding and water issues but a few things he mentioned should answer some questions.

a ) I pointed out we are all proud of the achievement, mainly due him, and that we are reporting issues as we want the stadium to be the best in the league, nay country, and that he understand fans comments on the issues related to the stadium, and is thankful for them.
    b ) The club are waiting for reports about the problems from both the broken roof and the Widnes game to be prepared over the next week or so BEFORE cladding is installed. It will be done though once the paperwork is completed. This also negates a possible press release or club statement on the construction work done and needing to be done.
    c ) We need to be patient, as H&S and the above reports take time to put together and get agreed etc.
    d ) A possible reduction of capacity for the Salford game to 17,000.
    e ) The list of problems will be looked into and staff at the club.

The conversation was in no way a meeting and lasted no more than 5 minutes, Eamonn was HAPPY to talk about the C word, I didn't have a list of issues or time to go through them with him, and I would think that still needs to be coordinated.
    So you didn't get told to be grateful.

Great that eamonn is aware, and not burying his head in the stand. I'm sure EM appreciates the comments, providing its done in a constructive manner

Did he mention if the work would be done on all 3 stands or just the West and East?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Like Barry, I've also received a similar response from Saints:

Hi Philip,

Hope you are well.

The match was a great benefit to the club and fans as it shows us what we need to do ahead of the Salford game.

We will be looking at the PA - it's difficult to know how it will function with a full crowd - but we know now.

The West Stand will be cladded first, followed by the East Stand. This should prevent the wind ripping around the ground. We will then assess if any further work is needed.

I am glad on the whole you had an enjoyable experience.

Mike Appleton
    Media Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand

hinted at a possible reduction in capacity, after seeing fans being moved from the West Stand, lets hope the stewards are brought up to speed with fans changing stands, so we can get back to our full capacity.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

This maybe why West Stand tickets have disappeared from the website for the first two games when they were on sale at the start of last week. Health and Safety concerns may be resulting in the club taking them off the market for the time being whilst waiting to assess capacity issues.

That's good news and all we can do now is watch this space. The reduced capacity would explain the inability to buy West stand tickets for the Salford game.

Right now how long until the season?? 11days? Come on the saints!!

oh also, whilst I think on, there will (for the salford game initially) be no movement between stands, it was apparant that people bought South Stand tickets only to stand in the west stand (bizarre as its cheaper to buy in the west) this won't be allowed for the Salford game.

Eamonn seemed pretty sad with this as he envisaged movement possible between stands to allow for people to meet up at half time, walk around freely etc.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

oh also, whilst I think on, there will (for the salford game initially) be no movement between stands, it was apparant that people bought South Stand tickets only to stand in the west stand (bizarre as its cheaper to buy in the west) this won't be allowed for the Salford game.

Eamonn seemed pretty sad with this as he envisaged movement possible between stands to allow for people to meet up at half time, walk around freely etc.
    Perfectly natural that people will do this if they are allowed to. If for example the West Stand is sold out but people want to stand there they'll buy South tickets and then move round to the West. Not good for overcrowding issues but makes sense to me. The amount of people who would do it however shouldn't cause too many issues overall.

It's very sad that after the first game the idea of being able to meet up for drinks erc and going to your own spec maybe scrapped so early on. I'm bewildered that people will pay extra money for good seats only to go and stand in the west.

It's very sad that after the first game the idea of being able to meet up for drinks erc and going to your own spec maybe scrapped so early on. I'm bewildered that people will pay extra money for good seats only to go and stand in the west.
    Why oh why do we have to take a sledgehammer to crack a nut? If the stewards did the job they're paid for and checked tickets as people enter the stand then there would be no need to prevent movement around the concourse. Very disillusioned indeed if this becomes a permanent arrangement. When buying my season ticket one piece of crucial info we were given was that it was an open concourse and therefore I didn't bother too much when we decided to stay seated and my Nephew and Sister in Law chose to stand. We thought ah well we can meet up for a drink wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Why oh why do we have to take a sledgehammer to crack a nut? If the stewards did the job they're paid for and checked tickets as people enter the stand then there would be no need to prevent movement around the concourse. Very disillusioned indeed if this becomes a permanent arrangement. When buying my season ticket one piece of crucial info we were given was that it was an open concourse and therefore I didn't bother too much when we decided to stay seated and my Nephew and Sister in Law chose to stand. We thought ah well we can meet up for a drink wherever.
    He did say only "initially" for the Salford game, I got the feeling he wanted to resolve it properly and not waste the whole point of the open concourse, he seemed hopeful. Remember he instigated the concourse being like it is, and at the end of the day the buck falls with him whether its actually safe to do so or not, this may actually only relate to the South and West stands, to be honest, it wasnt in any detail.

Totally agree, this should be simple enough to fix, but I'll wait with baited breath.

spot on. agree one hundred percent. You couldnt make it up.

spot on.agree one hundred percent. you couldnt make it up. maybe they thought the fans wouldnt notice it half finished.That so called educated, well informed people like architects and designers considered that the wind and rain wouldnt dare enter uninvited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint View Post
    I have to almost apologetically add to this, who the hell thought it would be a good idea to design and build the stadium the way it is now?

I mean, what architect or structural designer has thought the 'half-finished' exposed-steelwork look is the way to go in 2012?

The mind boggles at the fact that 'professionals' are taking home money for making absolute blunders like this.

I don't even blame the club so much as I get the impression they've been led down the primrose path by supposed industry 'experts.'

Truly embarrassing.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

To be honest, i always felt that it would end up with the stands being cordoned off from each other. You can't expect stewards to be checking everyone's ticket on the terraces before and during the game or it could cause a dangerous amount of queuing, pushing, shoving and what not.

It's quite obvious that there are going to be some people who try to get into parts of the ground they should not be in. I confess, I did it with no issues on Friday and it should not be so easy.

It might be a shame but health and safety issues always have got to come first.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Like Barry, I've also received a similar response from Saints:

The West Stand will be cladded first, followed by the East Stand. This should prevent the wind ripping around the ground. We will then assess if any further work is needed.
    Surely that is a mistake? West followed by North is correct as Saints would want to look after the core support who will be turning up to every game rather than the away fans.