Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1234561222 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 9

So that's 3 sporting venues that we know of suffering damage, puts it in perspective a little bit more

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    So that's 3 sporting venues that we know of suffering damage, puts it in perspective a little bit more
    And I believe at least two of them were built/engineered by the same company.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    And I believe at least two of them were built/engineered by the same company.
    Would that be Meccano or Screwfix, Rogues ? !!!!!!!!!!

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Don't live too far from the stadium and it seems a lot worse tonight
    ay by gum, when i were a lad........

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hemmings' Wig View Post
    “The developer took a bit of a punt on us because we’re a relatively young company, so we’re delighted to have repaid their faith. The contract was worth £1.8m and we hope it can lead to more work for us. We are the preferred bidder for a new stadium in Aberdeen and I think we’ve got a good chance of getting that."

I hope the people from Aberdeen havent been watching events unfold in St Helens this week
    Weather seems to be significantly worse every time I have been near Aberdeen!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    Two points:

Crosby is on the coast and therefore exposed to strong winds.

Why didn't anything else near LP have any damage?

Yes it did, quite a number of glass panels have been blown out of the roof in JKP's warehouse. And the external portaloo was blown over LOL
    don't forget your darkest hour is only 60 minutes long
    KEEP THE FAITH
    Gene Hunt BACK ON MONDAY 20th
    QUIT YO' JIBBER JABBER

Were you on it at the time?

You should have posted on Tuesday: adds more perspective to the Langtree Park Tornado (that what I'm calling it now) and your info would have quietened down those people who were rattling on about wind speeds - people like me...

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Hurricane Eamonn?

In The South Stand

Lets face it the Stadium has had a good test and it,s better for it to happen now.

Starting A Programme Collection

I have just attempted to access CSPs website and it doesn't appear to exist yet or would appear to be in the stages of development on another link. This is a bit concerning as I would think that a firm that claims to be expanding so rapidly would have a website.
    Would redvee if not the club consider emailing them for a clear and transparent answer as to the root cause of the roofing failure? In the interests of spectator confidence and the company's reputation I think this would be helpful.
    I could do it personally but I think if the redvee or the club did it it would have more clout.
    If the company are proactive rather than reactive I would imagine they would be keeping an eye on this forum and RLfans and be preparing a response.
    Posted this on RL fans at first thinking I was on here. Doh!

Got A Season Ticket Duke Eddington's Avatar

Just driven past the ground and there is a group of workmen up on the roof. Hopefully it will be sorted soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Would redvee if not the club consider emailing them for a clear and transparent answer as to the root cause of the roofing failure? In the interests of spectator confidence and the company's reputation I think this would be helpful.
    I could do it personally but I think if the redvee or the club did it it would have more clout.
    I can see your reasoning but I don't believe it is in our remit to request that information.

I believe that we would be better lobbying the club to release a statement to reassure spectators, which details the cause and remedy.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Eddington View Post
    Just driven past the ground and there is a group of workmen up on the roof. Hopefully it will be sorted soon!
    Was at Tescos just before dinner so had a look. At that point they seemed to just be tidying things up - taking off the mangled bits and securing the loose bits - didn't see any new going on, but doesn't look like they are hanging around sorting it which is good to see. Also had another nosy at the cafe bar - very nice indeed - looked ready to go though would hope some signage is going up somewhere to draw some attention to it. I am sure somebody mentioned it was opening this week but not seen anything official yet - hope they are planning washing those windows before they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Windle Lad View Post
    Was at Tescos just before dinner so had a look. At that point they seemed to just be tidying things up - taking off the mangled bits and securing the loose bits - didn't see any new going on, but doesn't look like they are hanging around sorting it which is good to see. Also had another nosy at the cafe bar - very nice indeed - looked ready to go though would hope some signage is going up somewhere to draw some attention to it. I am sure somebody mentioned it was opening this week but not seen anything official yet - hope they are planning washing those windows before they do.
    Was told 2nd Jan, clearly not the right day though.

In The West Stand Talk some sense!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I have just attempted to access CSPs website and it doesn't appear to exist yet or would appear to be in the stages of development on another link. This is a bit concerning as I would think that a firm that claims to be expanding so rapidly would have a website.
    If the company are proactive rather than reactive I would imagine they would be keeping an eye on this forum and RLfans and be preparing a response.
    Posted this on RL fans at first thinking I was on here. Doh!
    I'm pretty sure you can expect the club to take care of that, please don't ring the club and ask them to find out what the problem is!

Got A Season Ticket

Whats the cafe bar? Will it be like widnes with yearly subscription, wil it only be opem match days?

In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar

some pics of the roof....or lack of it.

KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

No wonder it blew off. it looks like the tin stuff the yanks use on their wrestling programmes.

You could make a good few bean/pea cans out of that stuff no wonder the wind flipped it

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

Shame it didnt happen a couple of week ago, I needn't of bought any foil for the turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersaint View Post
    Shame it didnt happen a couple of week ago, I needn't of bought any foil for the turkey.

Noooobie

Good pictures, but be careful not to give any ammo to gloating Pie & Wire fans.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersaint View Post
    I've seen stronger condoms.

nlwsaint
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I've seen stronger condoms.
    well it's a pity more pie eaters don't use them then

Got A Season Ticket WidnesSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scousedave View Post
    Whats the cafe bar? Will it be like widnes with yearly subscription, wil it only be opem match days?
    The sports bar at Widnes is open every day and night so I am hoping ours will be the same. I don't see the point of a yearly subscription though.