Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182434 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 9

Starting A Programme Collection

"The nostalgia feeling just isn't here at Langtree Park."

What do you expect, it's a brand new stadium!

I think you're remembering KR (RIP) full and rocking for a derby game. It was an absolute graveyard for friendlies and league matches against the smaller teams.

I thought the stadium was fantastic and it's our job to build history and make it a fortress.

The club just need to sort out getting it enclosed and making sure the PA system is audible!

Got A Season Ticket

Get it finished the north was a disgrace, sad that it overshadows everything. Widnes was vastly more comfortable.

Memories will be made there for sure. Give it time and langtree park will have its very own heros, it's villains, it's wide to wests etc etc

Lets try and keep all thoughts in one thread......ta

Reminiscing isn't what it used to be.

Starting A Programme Collection Harri81's Avatar

This is what many of us have been trying to point out for a while re the cladding. We weren't just moaning, it was a legitimate concern over safety and the general look of a high class stadium, just hope the club has a re think after this Eve's what can only be described as swimming pools.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by scousedave View Post
    HUMBLE PIE. Iv been a suporter of not cladding.......but after tonight,the concoirse wernt wet,it were ****in swimming
    Converted at last!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    Really sorry guys but that didn't do it for me.... all the excitement of moving in to our new home, was all blown away for me today....
    You can't beat the walk up to KR the smell of witch hazel and vasaline.... the mist over the ground in the floodlights....
    The sound from the chanting fans in both the pop and edington... The butterflies start to flap around my belly like a ferris wheel on a wobbly axel... the hooter roars and the chant c'om on you saints begin.... the hairs stand on my neck.... the goosepimples take over my skin...

But tonight once inside nothing... no feelings, excitement gone almost instantly..... Don't get me wrong I love the new stadium but I love KR more and miss it so much... The nostalgia feeling just isn't here at LP....

so yeah I'm dissapointed just wish we didn't have move out of KR.........

How was it for you?
    How can you get a nostalgic feeling with something that is new?? Shocking statement.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

have to agree... the pa was rediculas i said that to my missus.... i alos know the nostalgia won't be there yet but its just wasn't the same.... even the friendlies used to get me going at KR, I look forward to the leeds, wire a goon derbys hopefully thta will bring in some good feelings

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by saintjames View Post
    Get it finished the north was a disgrace, sad that it overshadows everything. Widnes was vastly more comfortable.
    Sad but very true.

I thought it was great, walked around the stadium as the gates opened, through the turnstyle into the southstand bar/food area, it was dry and inviting.

Into our seats, a little wet but nothing too bad, sit down look around, great view, a little sterile, like a new house, but that will come once we put our mark on it.

Once 12000 where in I thought it was just fine, the singing got going a bit and the fans where friendly as were the stewards and the people around us all nice.

It wasn't the best match on the warmest night of the year but it was better than expected for me. Didn't notice anything other than the gaps aren't what I like to see, but the C build is yet to be done, so we'll have to wait and see.

The flags need sorting, once the stand was full you could see the top 20% of each flag only.

oh yes. THE PA, was awful when people on the pitch where using it, muffled, too much gain, but when the music was on it was ok and the players chaging was fine.

Invest in better wireless mic tech.

Got A Season Ticket

Couldn't make it up...25M on the new stadium and our temporary "$hithole" had better comfort levels. The whole stadium needs cladding IF they are thinking of missing a stand out it should be the away end.

Starting A Programme Collection

Firstly we must have been very close " DIV " behind posts at back side of walk way, ok it wasnt knowsley road but this is now our new home and we can start to make new memorys here, Great stadium but again agree the pa system or im going deaf wasnt good, my only concern was walking away past Tesco very dark and when you have little kids with u bit dangerous, Great nite tho and great stadium

It looked awful in the North Stand concourse tonight,in parts you had to wade through water. Also I think water was coming down the slopes from the pitch side even though there were grids across the entrance to the 'tunnels'. It was very slippery I just hope we don't get many wet nights.

Got A Season Ticket somerset-saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mulder View Post
    It looked awful in the North Stand concourse tonight,in parts you had to wade through water. Also I think water was coming down the slopes from the pitch side even though there were grids across the entrance to the 'tunnels'. It was very slippery I just hope we don't get many wet nights.

The whole stadium does need to be enclosed, the wind was hurling through the stadium and it was awful in the concourses.
    I think the club have to realise that although we are in summer rugby, we play home games on friday nights.

Noooobie

Had a great time tonight sat in the south stand thought the ground was superb the atmosphere was subdued but given this was our first match not too bad, it will take time for everyone to get use to the new surroundings, the PA system needs sorting seemed like it is under capacity and was breaking down, the bar staff were polite but looked like they need retraining especially at pouring a FULL pint, my first taste of saints gold was very enjoyable, also noticed a groundsman repairing a very large hole which had opened up on the 20m line on the pitch at the interval? All in all a Good night can't wait for the super league season to begin along with the better weather.

Got A Season Ticket somerset-saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPhilly View Post
    Ok so what's everybody's opinion of the new place then? Don't get me wrong it's a million times better than what we've been used to but for me theyve made one glaring error. I really don't like the open sides. Not being funny but we walked into the North Stand straight into an inch of water because of the open sides. Not only that, noise and atmosphere will be lost and no doubt a swirling wind will be created.

Anybody other probs noticed?
    I loved the walk upto the stadium, over the lit up bridge and around to see the ststue of KC. from my outside lap of the stadium I thought it looked awesome. Once inside I was a bit disappointed that even though I was inside the stadium I felt like I was outside, but I know that area will be addressed soon.
    Facilities where OK and plenty of space around. I took my space up at the back of the west terrace and had a very good view of the playing area, but I really did not like the look of the open ends. I think the stadium will look awesome when the covering is complete, and hopefully it will keep the atmosphere inside.
    I would only have 3 issues, which are relatively minor...

The pitch markings where pretty faint, so could not see the try line at the other end of the pitch.
    The tannoy was very quiet.
    The scoreboard is crap.

Starting A Programme Collection 100% Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by somerset-saint View Post
    I loved the walk upto the stadium, over the lit up bridge and around to see the ststue of KC. from my outside lap of the stadium I thought it looked awesome. Once inside I was a bit disappointed that even though I was inside the stadium I felt like I was outside, but I know that area will be addressed soon.
    Facilities where OK and plenty of space around. I took my space up at the back of the west terrace and had a very good view of the playing area, but I really did not like the look of the open ends. I think the stadium will look awesome when the covering is complete, and hopefully it will keep the atmosphere inside.
    I would only have 3 issues, which are relatively minor...

The pitch markings where pretty faint, so could not see the try line at the other end of the pitch.
    The tannoy was very quiet.
    The scoreboard is crap.
    well we had to make it feel like Kr, I thought it was a great night the players looked rusty which was expected tonight but a win is a win we'll get better, It's going to take time getting use to watching us behind the sticks after years of watching from the popular side. roll on February

They need to sort out the route out past the side of Tesco. Its not lit at all and I banged my knee on a concrete bollard which was at just the right height it must have been designed by a woman with a grudge ( i was lucky it wasn't just my knee). People may say that I should have seen it but there were so many people shuffling along at 1 mile an hour that I didn't see it till i was literally on top of it. It really is an accident waiting to happen.
    I should really stop eating chocolate.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Nr Wigan View Post
    I attended a hospitality event at Langtree Park on Wednesday evening representing the organisation I work for and at this point I have to say that the hospitality facilities and packages on offer are excellant and would have no hesitation in recommending the. However during the course of the evening while chatting to Eamon McManus I mentioned the cladding and was told that it should have started last week but the repairs to the roof took precident over it but it would be starting very shortly.

Both the East and the West stand will be cladded and this will continue round the corners and slightly on to the North Stand but the North Stand would not be cladded. The reason's being that not only have they found that bad weather didn't effect people sat in the actual stand, whereas those in the West were more affected as the wind and rain came in from the west, but they felt that cladding the north would make the concourse area feel very claustrophobic and dark (almost like a dark tunnel) instead of a light bright area where fan's could congregate pre match and enjoy the excellant facilities on offer.
    He appreciated that this was hard to visualise on a dark January evening but if we were to just bear with it for a couple of months it was felt that we would appreciate the reason's behind the decision and realise that cladding this area really would spoil it.

I'm sure that there was a cost element involved as well and can possibly agree with some people on here that perhaps the club should have made a statement on it so that everyone was informed but I couldn't help but feel that he must be a bit fed up hearing all the negativity from people at times as we could see that an enormous amount of work and planning must have taken place and this stadium really is something we should be proud of.
    We left feeling very impressed with Langtree Stadium and I personally feel that if in the future they felt that the North stand would benefit from cladding then they would look at it but in the meantime we should just take the attitude of 'suck it and see' and feel proud of what EM and his team have achieved.
    Thanks for that. And I'm not having a go at you here, you are only passing on information, but after being tonight the only thing I can say is "what a pillock!"

How the fck can you be claustrophobic if the North Stand is clad but not in the infinitely smaller West Stand if that's clad? How can it to be too dark? Has he not heard of electricity? Then there's the fact that the whole North Stand was like a swimming pool.

Quite frankly, it's like dealing with village idiots, dealing with this club. They don't listen and they don't learn. A 3 year old could have told you what the state of that concourse would be like tonight but they wouldn't have it. "It doesn't need it". "It doesn't get wet in there".

Listen if there's reasons for doing it then there are reasons but don't fob me off with any "claustrophobic" shit when every single bloody new ground in the county has four stands that could be considered more "claustrophobic". By all means, you can try and treat everyone else like they are a dimwit but it doesn't wash here. The only thing that did wash here, was the bottom of my jeans, in brown fcking water!
    Last edited by DD; 21st January 2012 at 02:02.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

General impressions with the ground, good stadium but it does need cl*dding, even from the inside it still looks unfinished, great views and enough leg room in the sitting area, my one problem was with the staff there, I left to go to the Karalius bar with 5 minutes to go in the 1st half and buy the time i was served and in my seat 10 minutes of the 2nd half had already been played, now I understand people need to be trained but it shouldn't take 25minutes for someone to get some food and a drink, some of the staff where just stood there with their hands in their pockets and didn't have a clue what to do or just running around like headless chickens and the managers where on the end till serving customers instead of taking a step back taking control of the situation and telling the staff where to go and what to do, again I appreciate people need to be trained it's just poor management from whoever it was running the bar. Apart from that great experience.

Starting A Programme Collection Harri81's Avatar

Something clearly has to be done, and the voice of disgruntled fans needs to be heard. What collectively can we do to point out the obvious to the club??? Man of us are on a 5 year price plan and quite frankly been sold a product that didn't happen. Maybe a gentle unified push could help.

Maybe saints should provide us with waders until the problem is solved.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Harri81 View Post
    Something clearly has to be done, and the voice of disgruntled fans needs to be heard. What collectively can we do to point out the obvious to the club???
    Option 1 : have a whip round

Option 2 : ISSA !!!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Thanks for that. And I'm not having a go at you here, you are only passing on information, but after being tonight the only thing I can say is "what a pillock!"

How the fck can you be claustrophobic if the North Stand is clad but not in the infinitely smaller West Stand if that's clad? How can it to be too dark? Has he not heard of electricity? Then there's the fact that the whole North Stand was like a swimming pool.

Quite frankly, it's like dealing with village idiots, dealing with this club. They don't listen and they don't learn. A 3 year old could have told you what the state of that concourse would be like tonight but they wouldn't have it. "It doesn't need it". "It doesn't get wet in there".

Listen if there's reasons for doing it then there are reasons but don't fob me off with any "claustrophobic" shit when every single bloody new ground in the county has four stands that could be considered more "claustrophobic". By all means, you can try and treat everyone else like they are a dimwit but it doesn't wash here. The only thing that did wash here, was the bottom of my jeans, in brown fcking water!
    Well said. I have no doubt this is all to do with cost. Unfortunately it is going to hurt the club further as I can only see the gates sliding in one direction off the back of that experience.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    General impressions with the ground, good stadium but it does need cl*dding, even from the inside it still looks unfinished, great views and enough leg room in the sitting area, my one problem was with the staff there, I left to go to the Karalius bar with 5 minutes to go in the 1st half and buy the time i was served and in my seat 10 minutes of the 2nd half had already been played, now I understand people need to be trained but it shouldn't take 25minutes for someone to get some food and a drink, some of the staff where just stood there with their hands in their pockets and didn't have a clue what to do or just running around like headless chickens and the managers where on the end till serving customers instead of taking a step back taking control of the situation and telling the staff where to go and what to do, again I appreciate people need to be trained it's just poor management from whoever it was running the bar. Apart from that great experience.
    You must have been in the same queue as my husband - he missed the first 9 minutes of the 2nd half.

Whoever said there's no nostalgia - do you actually know what that word means?

I thought it was all a bit new and strange to a lot of us, however, once everyone warmed up, I thought the atmosphere improved.

I for one am excited about it all - yes there are teething problems with the PA, staff, catering, scoreboard (it said 80-0 to Widnes at one point!!) but nothing is ever right first time round, these things take time.