Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172333 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 9

Got A Season Ticket

Sorry to many positive threads in a row on here now. Can we all calm down. Tonight everyone is doomed...

Due to my seating position in the south stand I am going to have to content myself with getting wet going to and from the ground.

When are they going to put a sheltered walkway on Saints way. Thats what I want to know.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Like I've said a few times, and I think many agree, the main issue is without doubt the lack of official statement from the club. I don't expect a comment every week, but when there is a significant change, then clarification is nice.

I see EMs point about the lack of cladding on the North. He was big enough to accept the lack of cladding on the ends was wrong. And I would suggest the North will be constantly reviewed over the season.

Tonight should be a good indication (albeit the ends are still open, so maybe rain will get in the north which may not with those cladded.

It seems like 'saints weather' as it always seems to rain when we play

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Herman View Post
    Sorry to many positive threads in a row on here now. Can we all calm down. Tonight everyone is doomed...

Due to my seating position in the south stand I am going to have to content myself with getting wet going to and from the ground.

When are they going to put a sheltered walkway on Saints way. Thats what I want to know.
    they are called "cabs".

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Like I've said a few times, and I think many agree, the main issue is without doubt the lack of official statement from the club. I don't expect a comment every week, but when there is a significant change, then clarification is nice.

I see EMs point about the lack of cladding on the North. He was big enough to accept the lack of cladding on the ends was wrong. And I would suggest the North will be constantly reviewed over the season.

Tonight should be a good indication (albeit the ends are still open, so maybe rain will get in the north which may not with those cladded.

It seems like 'saints weather' as it always seems to rain when we play
    save money on cladding, play Sunday.

Got A Season Ticket

best thing to do for those in the north stand who arnt happy with what they have, is to ask for a refund on your season tickets, if you get enough together they'l soon clad it!

Learning All The Songs

I think we might need a rethink on the north not needing cladding. Concourse is soaked

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Geoggy View Post
    I think we might need a rethink on the north not needing cladding. Concourse is soaked
    its ok tonight is the hse certification match. If it that bad hse will say it will need cladding. i noticed from sc's pics the whole concourse was flooded, something will have to be done as the steel girders will rust and all the shop shutters.

Starting A Programme Collection iwonthebomb's Avatar

North stand concourses were a disgrace tonight- absolutely soaked and slippery. Not good at all! Cladding definitely needed.
    On a different note, the hooter sounded like chewbacca was stood at the back of the stand- too quiet. The sound system also far too quiet. All very fixable but needs to be done

Got A Season Ticket

Snag list.

1) Not a very good impression when your first step into new stadium is in 2" of water. North Stand.
    2) Where did we get the kiosk staff from? holy smoke. Saints are losing hundreds of pounds. the service is shocking, no thinking ahead, get some pints stacked up, 3/4 full, top them up, learn how to use the till. Father in law went to bar at 37mins and returned 5 mins into 2nd half!!
    3) PA system needs improving when using mics.

Other than that, great stadium, bigger than i thought. Big game atmosphere should be good. Where can we air our snagging concerns to the club??

Learning All The Songs Dynamite Don Brennan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintTrotter View Post
    Snag list.

1) Not a very good impression when your first step into new stadium is in 2" of water. North Stand.
    2) Where did we get the kiosk staff from? holy smoke. Saints are losing hundreds of pounds. the service is shocking, no thinking ahead, get some pints stacked up, 3/4 full, top them up, learn how to use the till. Father in law went to bar at 37mins and returned 5 mins into 2nd half!!

Other than that, great stadium, bigger than i thought. Big game atmosphere should be good. Where can we air our snagging concerns to the club??
    Similar thoughts to meself,Im not going to go overboard On the kiosk staff as It was their first night, But It aint rocket science to get some pints stacked up. Must have lost a fair few bob in that north stand due to pitifully slow service.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintTrotter View Post
    Snag list.

I thought the kiosk staff as you call them did ok for the first night you cant get used to a till in a few minuets and as for getting pints stacked up I would prefer mine fresh from the pump

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

24 hours of rain did you expect it to be dry??

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite Don Brennan View Post
    Similar thoughts to meself,Im not going to go overboard On the kiosk staff as It was their first night, But It aint rocket science to get some pints stacked up. Must have lost a fair few bob in that north stand due to pitifully slow service.
    35 mins to get a pint behind west stand.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by amywinehouse View Post
    In the concourse, yes?!

Got A Season Ticket

HUMBLE PIE. Iv been a suporter of not cladding.......but after tonight,the concoirse wernt wet,it were ****in swimming

In The South Stand

Everybody knows that the stadium needs cladding and so it's hardly surprising that the concourses were wet again given the wind and the amount of rain we have had over the last 24 hours. I just thought it was sad to see the water as it's such a great stadium. Hopefully the cladding will keep us much drier.

As for the bar staff, I felt sorry for them. The two that served me were clearly nervous and were just getting used to everything. They'll assess the night, make changes and improve as time goes on and they get used to serving lots of people in a short space of time.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by amywinehouse View Post
    Surely this cladding debate is over after tonight? Every inch of the concourse behind the west stand was covered in water, even into the loos. Total mess.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by geordie_saint View Post
    In the concourse, yes?!
    Well, those of us who went to the training night knew what to expect as we'd seen it all before so I guess it wasn't such a shock to us. We need cladding!

Got A Season Ticket

In the north stand tonight seat wet threw cold food when we finally got served but it is the first game lets hope we sort it out for the new season

Default Thoughts on the new ground?

Ok so what's everybody's opinion of the new place then? Don't get me wrong it's a million times better than what we've been used to but for me theyve made one glaring error. I really don't like the open sides. Not being funny but we walked into the North Stand straight into an inch of water because of the open sides. Not only that, noise and atmosphere will be lost and no doubt a swirling wind will be created.

Anybody other probs noticed?
    SCOUSERS MY ARSE..

Default dissapointed

Really sorry guys but that didn't do it for me.... all the excitement of moving in to our new home, was all blown away for me today....
    You can't beat the walk up to KR the smell of witch hazel and vasaline.... the mist over the ground in the floodlights....
    The sound from the chanting fans in both the pop and edington... The butterflies start to flap around my belly like a ferris wheel on a wobbly axel... the hooter roars and the chant c'om on you saints begin.... the hairs stand on my neck.... the goosepimples take over my skin...

But tonight once inside nothing... no feelings, excitement gone almost instantly..... Don't get me wrong I love the new stadium but I love KR more and miss it so much... The nostalgia feeling just isn't here at LP....

so yeah I'm dissapointed just wish we didn't have move out of KR.........

How was it for you?

http://www.redvee.net/forums/showthr...New-Spec/page2

Posted my thoughts there but pasted below

Well looks like we have a spec sorted ! Bang in line with the left post right at the back at the side of the steps. Excellent view. Plenty of familiar faces around.

First impressions of the stadium were very positive. The concourse feels very spacious and bar queue moved quickly ( it was 40 mins prior to kick off though). Impressed with the facilities and general feel of the place, felt almost instantly at home. Thought the atmosphere livened up second half pretty good for a friendly and I think it will be great come the big games.

Only issue was the PA have they brought it from KR ?!! Struggled to hear it in the West and it sounded a tad distorted. Needs cranking up a bit and the quality of sound improving.

Crowd was given out as 11,900 I thought it was a 13,000 sell out ?

All things considered loved it, roll on the regular season !

Wasn't too bothered by the open sides , was a bit of standing water on the concourse but not a major issue. Once inside didn't notice at all.
    Last edited by Div; 20th January 2012 at 23:38.

One has to move on you can't live in the past

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

We'll all get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    Really sorry guys but that didn't do it for me.... all the excitement of moving in to our new home, was all blown away for me today....
    You can't beat the walk up to KR the smell of witch hazel and vasaline.... the mist over the ground in the floodlights....
    The sound from the chanting fans in both the pop and edington... The butterflies start to flap around my belly like a ferris wheel on a wobbly axel... the hooter roars and the chant c'om on you saints begin.... the hairs stand on my neck.... the goosepimples take over my skin...

But tonight once inside nothing... no feelings, excitement gone almost instantly..... Don't get me wrong I love the new stadium but I love KR more and miss it so much... The nostalgia feeling just isn't here at LP....

so yeah I'm dissapointed just wish we didn't have move out of KR.........

How was it for you?
    Possibly the worst quote of the year.
    1. It was a friendly.
    2. Not sure how you can have nostalgia in a brand new ground. KR built that up over 100 years. A single night doesn't give you a great deal to work with.
    Get a grip