Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162232 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 9

Got A Season Ticket Dom McCormack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom McCormack View Post
    I'll try and sum up my feelings about the whole saga. Its quite simple really... "typical Saints".

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    North Stand, Back Row for me. Boy do I feel good now.
    I'll take all the swirling winds that affect the front few rows at North Stand for you Lex, as long as anyone else will slip on their way out for us both??

Still no problem with cladding as long as they either have excellent insurance policy against any slips and can clear any guilty consciences afterwards? Seriously, we could do with some patience to find out what is happening and when without stretching this thread further with comments that may or may not have even an ounce of truth?

Everyone please remember there is a GAME tomorrow and I am more excited than I was at the ST event and Christmas put together!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by saintokell View Post
    I'll take all the swirling winds that affect the front few rows at North Stand for you Lex, as long as anyone else will slip on their way out for us both??

Still no problem with cladding as long as they either have excellent insurance policy against any slips and can clear any guilty consciences afterwards? Seriously, we could do with some patience to find out what is happening and when without stretching this thread further with comments that may or may not have even an ounce of truth?

Everyone please remember there is a GAME tomorrow and I am more excited than I was at the ST event and Christmas put together!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go back and read post 262 from DD
    don't forget your darkest hour is only 60 minutes long
    KEEP THE FAITH
    Gene Hunt BACK ON MONDAY 20th
    QUIT YO' JIBBER JABBER

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Right. I've asked the question of the club and I have your definitive answer.

1) West Stand - To be clad as soon as possible (no specified date but soon)
    2) East Stand - To be clad after West Stand is finished (no specified date)
    3) North Stand - Not being cladded at all as "it doesn't need it".
    That is an astonishing/baffling decision if cost isn't the issue...

Starting A Programme Collection Samba's Avatar

Now my knowledge of weather suggests that the North will cop for it far more than the East but the club have obviously taken their advice from Billy the Fish rather than Michael Fish!

And that's it in a nutshell. Let's just pray for a northerly wind and some heavy rain soon to make them reconsider.
    What's the name of the individual who replied to you? Just so disgruntled North stand season ticket holders know who to complain to due to being sold a deal under seemingly false pretences.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by geordie_saint View Post
    That is an astonishing/baffling decision if cost isn't the issue...

I have no gripe with their being one very good stand and the other not quite as good, as this is what will bring in the money and make the club a viable year round business. I do object to being taken for a mug by the club on this issue. Facts clearly show this knowledge was imparted to those on the tours a week ago, but the club have failed to make a confirming statement on the subject despite being asked, even citing they are waiting for the roof to be fixed before making a statement. Lack of comment may well be a business decision leading up to tomorrows game and I would have some sympathy with that if they hadn't already briefed a select few. IMO the "not needed" comment is almost patronising (we all saw the recent plans that were submitted for full cladding) to people who bought up the first tickets and followed the team to Widnes. It is this that winds me up more than the issues itself and an honest and clear explanation would actually mean something.

I asked someone at the club (not saying which club)

Where will the cladding be?

Uh. Hmm, well, uh, we don't know where it's not

You're telling me you don't know where the cladding will be?

It wouldn't be inaccurate to assume that we couldn't exactly not say that it is or isn't almost partially incorrect.

So you do know where it will be!

On the contrary.

We're possibly more or less not definitely rejecting the idea that in no way with any amount of uncertainty that we undeniably do or do not know where it shouldn't probably be, if that indeed wasn't where it isn't.

Even if it wasn't where we knew it was, that would mean we'd really have to know where it isn't.

Got A Season Ticket WidnesSaint's Avatar

Just found this if anyones interested.
    http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...1432105&page=3

Lets hope they get their cladding/none cladding sorted.....

I bought a 5 year ticket in the North stand and from the evidence I have regarding how the weather will affect me (training session) I'm quite happy if it isn't cladded!
    The weather was pretty grim that night but I stayed dry in my seat and the concourse area stayed
    dry apart from around the very edges!
    Come on people this is one of the greatest days in the clubs history! Can't we just enjoy it and give it a rest about the cladding, even if just for 24 hours!
    Last edited by Delboy; 20th January 2012 at 09:18. Reason: spelling

Got A Season Ticket

Now my knowledge of weather suggests that the North will cop for it far more than the East but the club have obviously taken their advice from Billy the Fish rather than Michael Fish!

And that's it in a nutshell. Let's just pray for a northerly wind and some heavy rain soon to make them reconsider.
    You don't seriously believe that this has anything to do with weather do you? This is purely for financial reasons and nothing else.

Got A Replica Shirt

I attended a hospitality event at Langtree Park on Wednesday evening representing the organisation I work for and at this point I have to say that the hospitality facilities and packages on offer are excellant and would have no hesitation in recommending the. However during the course of the evening while chatting to Eamon McManus I mentioned the cladding and was told that it should have started last week but the repairs to the roof took precident over it but it would be starting very shortly.

Both the East and the West stand will be cladded and this will continue round the corners and slightly on to the North Stand but the North Stand would not be cladded. The reason's being that not only have they found that bad weather didn't effect people sat in the actual stand, whereas those in the West were more affected as the wind and rain came in from the west, but they felt that cladding the north would make the concourse area feel very claustrophobic and dark (almost like a dark tunnel) instead of a light bright area where fan's could congregate pre match and enjoy the excellant facilities on offer.
    He appreciated that this was hard to visualise on a dark January evening but if we were to just bear with it for a couple of months it was felt that we would appreciate the reason's behind the decision and realise that cladding this area really would spoil it.

I'm sure that there was a cost element involved as well and can possibly agree with some people on here that perhaps the club should have made a statement on it so that everyone was informed but I couldn't help but feel that he must be a bit fed up hearing all the negativity from people at times as we could see that an enormous amount of work and planning must have taken place and this stadium really is something we should be proud of.
    We left feeling very impressed with Langtree Stadium and I personally feel that if in the future they felt that the North stand would benefit from cladding then they would look at it but in the meantime we should just take the attitude of 'suck it and see' and feel proud of what EM and his team have achieved.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    I bought a 5 year ticket in the North stand and from the evidence I have regarding how the weather will affect me (training session) I'm quite happy if it isn't cladded!
    The weather was pretty grim that night but I stayed dry in my seat and the concourse area stayed
    dry apart from around the very edges!
    Come on people this is one of the greatest days in the clubs history! Can't we just enjoy it and give it a rest about the cladding, even if just for 24 hours!

Sacred Blue mange tout!
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Nr Wigan View Post
    I attended a hospitality event at Langtree Park on Wednesday evening representing the organisation I work for and at this point I have to say that the hospitality facilities and packages on offer are excellant and would have no hesitation in recommending the. However during the course of the evening while chatting to Eamon McManus I mentioned the cladding and was told that it should have started last week but the repairs to the roof took precident over it but it would be starting very shortly.

Both the East and the West stand will be cladded and this will continue round the corners and slightly on to the North Stand but the North Stand would not be cladded. The reason's being that not only have they found that bad weather didn't effect people sat in the actual stand, whereas those in the West were more affected as the wind and rain came in from the west, but they felt that cladding the north would make the concourse area feel very claustrophobic and dark (almost like a dark tunnel) instead of a light bright area where fan's could congregate pre match and enjoy the excellant facilities on offer.
    He appreciated that this was hard to visualise on a dark January evening but if we were to just bear with it for a couple of months it was felt that we would appreciate the reason's behind the decision and realise that cladding this area really would spoil it.

I'm sure that there was a cost element involved as well and can possibly agree with some people on here that perhaps the club should have made a statement on it so that everyone was informed but I couldn't help but feel that he must be a bit fed up hearing all the negativity from people at times as we could see that an enormous amount of work and planning must have taken place and this stadium really is something we should be proud of.
    We left feeling very impressed with Langtree Stadium and I personally feel that if in the future they felt that the North stand would benefit from cladding then they would look at it but in the meantime we should just take the attitude of 'suck it and see' and feel proud of what EM and his team have achieved.
    Great post.

I don't understand why people are lambasting the club for not protecting them when a) they haven't seen the impact the cladding to be done will have (NE/NW corners sound likely to be protected) and b) we had a training event in horrendous conditions and people in the North stand stayed dry.

Let's wait and see before we all start crying about something that may not even be an issue.

In The West Stand Talk some sense!'s Avatar

I like the sound of that explanation if i'm honest and I suspect that during the summer months when it is warm out and the North stand concourse is packed with people enjoying a beer in they'll be glad of the open feel. I do feel for those who bought their tickets on the assumption the stand would be cladded but lets see how tonight goes - lets see how the lack of clad affectes the overall feel and then make judgement.

Game day!!

Got A Season Ticket

everyone is moaning about conditions!!!!! in the last 15 yrs howmany games has their been where theres60-70mph winds,rain,snow or hailstone? i bet they could be counted on one hand,i dont think the weather will honestly affect the eexperiance of lp that much,i for one am really excited.about tonight and a bit of rain aint.going to spoil it

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Great post.

I don't understand why people are lambasting the club for not protecting them when a) they haven't seen the impact the cladding to be done will have (NE/NW corners sound likely to be protected) and b) we had a training event in horrendous conditions and people in the North stand stayed dry.

Let's wait and see before we all start crying about something that may not even be an issue.
    Agree this is an excellent post by Mrs Nr Wigan who has shared some more specific detail with us. It is hard to make any criticsm against the Chairman who has done so much for the club including the stadium, but why the cub feel they can pass on a brief statement 2nd hand to the rest us whilst quite happy to indulge more information to a select few in casual conversation is as I have said really frustrating. Maybe they feel they don't need to, but if the comments above had been relayed to the rest of us as well I am sure the majority would be much happier, rather than being left with an "it doesn't need it" comment, and give us some credit for wanting to be more informed - personally that's all I ask. I have sung Mike App's praises on his almost tireless efforts to respond to fans, but this seems to have become the club norm, to communicate information on an individual basis and putting out statements to inform fans on issues such as this are few and far between. And that's my final word on the matter!!

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Windle Lad View Post
    Agree this is an excellent post by Mrs Nr Wigan who has shared some more specific detail with us. It is hard to make any criticsm against the Chairman who has done so much for the club including the stadium, but why the cub feel they can pass on a brief statement 2nd hand to the rest us whilst quite happy to indulge more information to a select few in casual conversation is as I have said really frustrating. Maybe they feel they don't need to, but if the comments above had been relayed to the rest of us as well I am sure the majority would be much happier, rather than being left with an "it doesn't need it" comment, and give us some credit for wanting to be more informed - personally that's all I ask. I have sung Mike App's praises on his almost tireless efforts to respond to fans, but this seems to have become the club norm, to communicate information on an individual basis and putting out statements to inform fans on issues such as this are few and far between. And that's my final word on the matter!!
    Here! Here! I'm feeling more positive about the whole situation. Direct communication could have settled a lot of unease earlier.
    If they're thinking outside the box and move away from the obsession with cladding then if there's some money left over why not consider electronic advertising in the gap which would bring in some revenue from advertisers. They could preserve the light and airy feel and give a more finished effect to those passing by and at the same time promote the facilities and the next game and KO time. I'd be looking at something like the ones over the Mancunian way at present for a professional feel to it.
    I'm sure Eamon with his business head on might be receptive to this idea.
    Have a great night tonight folks! Can't wait for the feedback on here tomorrow particularly from those in the North Stand.

In The South Stand

If the Northeast and Northwest corners of the North stand are to be cladded, as the post above I think says, that is a massive improvement on how things stand now, it wont leave much of the North stand left that is still unprotected, the lift shaft that is cladded in red, already protects the centre of the stand.

In The South Stand

"mrs nr wigan " i wish you had posted that earlier. i shook hands with the chairman and congratulated him on the sradium but if people feel agreaved as they obviously do , a few words can help.

Gerard Songsters Organiser

Tremendous post. I've highlighted the bit in bold as I think its right. How many times have we all been stood on the concourses in Wigan, Wire, Widnes and Hull in the summer months and its been rather warm. I look forward to the game when its absolutely boiling and someone comes on here lamenting how hot is was in the West Stand/South Stand Concourses :-))

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    If the Northeast and Northwest corners of the North stand are to be cladded, as the post above I think says, that is a massive improvement on how things stand now, it wont leave much of the North stand left that is still unprotected, the lift shaft that is cladded in red, already protects the centre of the stand.
    If that's all that will be left well why not just finish the job off properly and do the lot?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Surveyor View Post
    If that's all that will be left well why not just finish the job off properly and do the lot?
    McManus' reasons are given a couple of posts above.

Got A Season Ticket the actual don johnson's Avatar

I too am feeling more relieved, but if the club could have stated this publicly then all this negativity wouldn't have happened. All it neededd was a page on the website!

Got A Season Ticket somerset-saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Great post.

personally I am going to wait until after tonight... Just got up north and can't believe how foul the weather is up here. If I am still dry after the game, I will be happy