Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891525 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 9

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by amywinehouse View Post
    my heart misses a beat whenever i see photos of him.
    Have you tried cold showers.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by djgazza View Post
    Roof is getting sorted they were working under floodlight (not Saints') last night when I finished work at 7pm
    they looked to be finishing up just before dinner, picking all the bits up, one bloke was brushing the roof, another must have spotted something, he got the welding gear out again, did a couple of quick spots, they were all over the roof giving it the last once over.

I too am or will be disappointed if there is no cladding on the North stand if only to protect the concourses. It was quite slippery in the wet areas at the open night. I've never complained about the cladding before but I think it should be all the way round. On the whole I get the impression that the West Stand has become like 'The Stand' the new Pop Side (not because of the cladding) where people think all the diehards and best supporters are and this is not so. I was a popsider at KR and I feel I am still one now as I shall be on the side in the North stand along with a lot of other popsiders from KR. (rant over)

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Is it right though that those of us who have paid significantly more get worse facilities than the terraces? I know what I thought I was getting when I paid for my season ticket and I'm not.

Why is the South Stand getting significantly better facilities for the same price?

At the end of the day, they have moved the goalposts again without having the decency to inform anyone. That's Saints for you. Communication only comes when you give them a hypothetical Chinese Burn to force them to do so.
    there could of course be a perfectly legit reason or it could be something that will be done at a later date. Could be a financial reason in which case I don't think the club can be critisised quite so much. It would explain why they got planning for it all the way around for sure. I would agree with your point about communication of this info being disappointing though

Learning All The Songs

Reluctant to get into the cladding saga again, but have to say I agree completely with DD and Agent Mulder, and as a paying spectator I find the drip feeding of information like this (i.e. mentioned to other forum members during a tour) really irritating. Have to say I have really debated changing to the South stand over the las 3 months or so, but decided against it as it would be cladded and the atmosphere would be better (IMO). I now find out, only because I happen to read these forums, that the stand I have a 5year ticket in wont be cladded! If the reason is financial I can live with it being uncladded for now, but if it is for another reason it would be nice to hear it from the club directly.

As others have said, there is a little bit of feeling short changed, particulalry as it was the people buying 5 year tickets for the North who were showing commitment to the club (going to widnes etc) who seem to end up in the unfinished section (for want of a better expression) and particulalrly as the club decided to later cost the South Stand tickets at the same price. The reality is the weather does get it in and this is not surprising when you look at the picture taken from the gas tower which shows the gap between the wall and roof.

Before the "I can't believe people can moan..." comments come in I will say I have been looking forward to the stadium and the first game for what seems like an eternity now, but this has taken a little of the gloss off. The club know the comments that have been made about the cladding and the debate caused, so why they feel they will just casually mention the lack of cladding issue to a few people on a tour but not their 5yr ticket holders is beyond me- are they embarrassed, didn't think, not bothered or are we not getting the true picture - it would be nice to be told!! As above by AM -rant over!

Starting A Programme Collection Village Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mulder View Post
    I am still one now as I shall be on the side in the North stand along with a lot of other popsiders from KR. (rant over)
    Seconded, I like to watch from half way as IMO you get the best view of the game! I don't care if i'm standing, sitting or hanging upside down from a pole half way is where the heart is

In The South Stand

I agree with above and also in answer to the question about wether the fantastic signs are out of reach of idiotheads the answer is no.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Windle Lad View Post
    Reluctant to get into the cladding saga again, but have to say I agree completely with DD and Agent Mulder, and as a paying spectator I find the drip feeding of information like this (i.e. mentioned to other forum members during a tour) really irritating. Have to say I have really debated changing to the South stand over the las 3 months or so, but decided against it as it would be cladded and the atmosphere would be better (IMO). I now find out, only because I happen to read these forums, that the stand I have a 5year ticket in wont be cladded! If the reason is financial I can live with it being uncladded for now, but if it is for another reason it would be nice to hear it from the club directly.

As others have said, there is a little bit of feeling short changed, particulalry as it was the people buying 5 year tickets for the North who were showing commitment to the club (going to widnes etc) who seem to end up in the unfinished section (for want of a better expression) and particulalrly as the club decided to later cost the South Stand tickets at the same price. The reality is the weather does get it in and this is not surprising when you look at the picture taken from the gas tower which shows the gap between the wall and roof.

Before the "I can't believe people can moan..." comments come in I will say I have been looking forward to the stadium and the first game for what seems like an eternity now, but this has taken a little of the gloss off. The club know the comments that have been made about the cladding and the debate caused, so why they feel they will just casually mention the lack of cladding issue to a few people on a tour but not their 5yr ticket holders is beyond me- are they embarrassed, didn't think, not bothered or are we not getting the true picture - it would be nice to be told!! As above by AM -rant over!
    great post, covers all my thoughts on the matter.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mulder View Post
    I too am or will be disappointed if there is no cladding on the North stand if only to protect the concourses. It was quite slippery in the wet areas at the open night. I've never complained about the cladding before but I think it should be all the way round. On the whole I get the impression that the West Stand has become like 'The Stand' the new Pop Side (not because of the cladding) where people think all the diehards and best supporters are and this is not so. I was a popsider at KR and I feel I am still one now as I shall be on the side in the North stand along with a lot of other popsiders from KR. (rant over)
    another good post, if its not done now, it never will be.

In The West Stand

Im fully aware that people dont want another debate on the "C" subject. Same as Im aware, that some on here are very passionate about what was or was'nt said during the Founder Members Tour yesterday. Im not sure if Geoggy was on the same tour as me, which was at 3pm with John Murphy, but John actually stated that the North Stand was being (insert C word) around, upto and including the corners, but the centre section would be done at a later date, due to costs, but he never said it would be left "unfinished". I also asked the question regarding the location of flags, and he said that he is still to have a walk round the stadium with "the Red Vee member" and a 3rd party, but he said the biggest problem with the flags, was that they can't allow any signage to be covered by them.

nlwsaint
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Geoggy View Post
    Our tour guide sain the north definitely not being cladded - only the ends. To be honest i dont think the north needs it. The roof is much deeper over the north end. You kind of have to be in the stand to see what i mean
    What time was your tour & who was it with? I was on the 6pm tour & we were told that they were starting on the cladding of the North stand hopefully next couple of weeks & the only part that wasn't being cladded (due to financial restraints) was the East stand. There will still be a 4mtr gap at the top of the cladding due to the structure & to let the pitch breath. He even showed us up to which point the cladding would end & said it would keep out the rain/wind in the concourse & stand which they knew was a problem at the moment.

Learning All The Songs

I was on the same tour as Lex with the Chairmaker from rlfans at 3

Cladding gate rolls on!

In The South Stand

would want to get anybody in trouble, so withdrawn my post.

Learning All The Songs

Me too

Starting A Programme Collection

The whole cladding situation is embarrassing.

Saints can get indignant about people wanting to talk about it, but ultimately it's their own lack of any clear communication that is making people curious.

It will be cladded. It won't be cladded. It will be cladded only up to the corners. It will be cladded all the way round except corners. It will be cladded except the North Stand.

Jaysus Christ. And Eamonn gets upset with people talking about it? Any sense of clear direction and communication on the issue would STOP people talking about it.

If the North Stand remains as it is, I'll be embarrassed. The stadium simply looks half-finished and it's a massive shame given how good everything else looks. Floating halo indeed

I'd rather 4 flatpack stands completed, to be honest.

Learning All The Songs Saint Simon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint View Post
    The whole cladding situation is embarrassing.

Saints can get indignant about people wanting to talk about it, but ultimately it's their own lack of any clear communication that is making people curious.

It will be cladded. It won't be cladded. It will be cladded only up to the corners. It will be cladded all the way round except corners. It will be cladded except the North Stand.

Jaysus Christ. And Eamonn gets upset with people talking about it? Any sense of clear direction and communication on the issue would STOP people talking about it.

If the North Stand remains as it is, I'll be embarrassed. The stadium simply looks half-finished and it's a massive shame given how good everything else looks. Floating halo indeed

I'd rather 4 flatpack stands completed, to be honest.
    golly gosh, grab reality bud!
    I was (as were many) at the open traing session in the north stand in that hailstorm and it was completely wind and rain and hail free. It was much warmer than widnes, let alone KR! some people (not just yourself) need to get agrip and realise how lucky we are to have what we now do!

Learning All The Songs

Having read Chair Maker's comments on RLFans he seems to suggest that the fact that the North stand wont be cladded came straight from the Chairman.

Got A Replica Shirt Saint Rigby's Avatar

The 'C' word has been the really disapointing part of the whole lead up to our new stadium! And its not our (the fans) fault to keep mentioning it. We all saw the plans and artist impressions back at KR when they had the open days, and i remember along with other people being told it will be the best ground in RL and what will make it more special is the atmosphere as it will be fully enclosed, and the artist impression did back this up. So in theory they have miss led us (or have they)?? Nobody knows!!!! Come on Saints give a statement and tell us fans what is going on sothis whole issue can go to bed.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Simon View Post
    I was (as were many) at the open traing session in the north stand in that hailstorm and it was completely wind and rain and hail free. It was much warmer than widnes, let alone KR! some people (not just yourself) need to get agrip and realise how lucky we are to have what we now do!
    Well I was there, and there was a gale blowing through the concourse, it was wet through for 30 yards, and rain had reached the seating. I checked it out.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Windle Lad View Post
    Having read Chair Maker's comments on RLFans he seems to suggest that the fact that the North stand wont be cladded came straight from the Chairman.
    I was told tonight from a different source more or less the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    Have you tried cold showers.
    No, but i saw a lot of teams who looked as though they had.

Learning All The Songs

As opposed to published video footage and photos which show otherwise.

Starting A Programme Collection

I was also at the open training session in the north stand and no, it wasn't wind and rain and hail free but that's beside the point.

Do you think the North Stand looks good as it is?

I think it looks half completed.

As I said in my original post, 4 flatpack stands would be better than what we've ended up with.
    Last edited by Saint; 15th January 2012 at 01:18.

Learning All The Songs Dynamite Don Brennan's Avatar

I was also at the open training session in the north stand and no, it wasn't wind and rain and hail free but that's beside the point.

Do you think the North Stand looks good as it is?

I think it looks half completed.

As I said in my original post, 4 flatpack stands would be better than what we've ended up with.

Would it ****.

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite don brennan View Post
    would it ****.
    post of the week!!!!