Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 123456781424 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 8

Quote Originally Posted by Sadfish View Post
    This makes no sense to me.
    I'm guessing he was referring to your signature pic, and that the rotation was on alf ellaby at the time???

In The South Stand

What it was Sadfish is that when Alf Ellabys picture was on i am pretty sure it said 28 games and if can remember, not many tries.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by nlwsaint View Post
    Gutted! Just been told that we can't do this due to building control regulations & heavy vehicles on site.
    the last cortege went up in front of the main stand at the height of the construction, when the road was a right mess, and heavy vehicles everyhere.
    There is only about two heavy forklifts left on site, and pedestrians all over the place, and dont forget the haulage firm are using the road are they not covered by regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by exiled old un View Post
    What it was Sadfish is that when Alf Ellabys picture was on i am pretty sure it said 28 games and if can remember, not many tries.
    Ah yes multiple entries when they come and go from the club, i'd prefer them all in one list to be honest, but hey ho, I just do as i'm commanded.

Quote Originally Posted by nlwsaint View Post
    Gutted! Just been told that we can't do this due to building control regulations & heavy vehicles on site.
    Just do it anyhow, it appears people are wandering in and out of the stadium at will, so a quick drive around in a hearse, no problem, sad for your loss fella hope you are keeping ok!.

The amount of vehicles up and down that road trying to get to Tesco is ridiculous. Two even tried to go round the north side of the stadium to get there. Every one of them ended up going back. To anyone thinking of driving right through from PX to the Linkway, don't bother. You can't.
    There's been a steady stream of people strolling around the ground all day and all looking rather pleased,
    don't forget your darkest hour is only 60 minutes long
    KEEP THE FAITH
    Gene Hunt BACK ON MONDAY 20th
    QUIT YO' JIBBER JABBER

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Sadfish View Post
    Just do it anyhow, it appears people are wandering in and out of the stadium at will, so a quick drive around in a hearse, no problem, sad for your loss fella hope you are keeping ok!.
    you have a bigger pair of balls than me Sadfish, would have loved to have given the same advice.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by volls_dad View Post
    I've not seen anything unveiled - can you point me in the right direction please?
    It was announced on twitter earlier this week, more details are due later in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton Arnold View Post
    does any one know where the red v is going?(the one from kr)
    It's on Billinge Hill facing Wigan...

I read with interest Mr & Mrs Moaning-Minnie's latter in the Reporter regarding KC's statue.

Apparently it's a waste of money and ridiculous that it's been been placed out of the way on a back gate around the rear of Tesco, and not on the floor at the front of the stadium at Peasley Cross Lane where it should be so they can have their photo taken with it.

NEWSFLASH!

Peasley Cross lane is 'round the back' you fools.

The main walk up is from the Linkway, Tesco and the new footbridge. The SW turnstile is constantly visible to anyone passing, or visiting Tesco. It will have the largest amount of people walking past it on match day. It couldn't be more prominent.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    I read with interest Mr & Mrs Moaning-Minnie's latter in the Reporter regarding KC's statue.

Apparently it's a waste of money and ridiculous that it's been been placed out of the way on a back gate around the rear of Tesco, and not on the floor at the front of the stadium at Peasley Cross Lane where it should be so they can have their photo taken with it.

NEWSFLASH!

The main walk up is from the Linkway, Tesco and the new footbridge. The SW turnstile is constantly visible to anyone passing, or visiting Tesco. It will have the largest amount of people walking past it on match day. It couldn't be more prominent.
    to be fare id have put it on the ground, right infront of the reception, he does look a little lost up there.

and when he's taken for scrap, or covered in graffiti, or has a Wigan scarf draped around his neck, everyone would be hollering for him to have been put up on the SW Turnstile block...

and when he's taken for scrap, or covered in graffiti, or has a Wigan scarf draped around his neck, everyone would be hollering for him to have been put up on the SW Turnstile block...
    Indeed.

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

NEWSFLASH!

I agree completely anyone who has walked from the Tescos knows how prominent it is, apart from the fact there isnt any room at the front of the stadium with the road being there, but yes I ready that letter and basically said to myself WTF?
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

Got A Season Ticket

Going to be in the area tonight...is it worth having a look when it's dark or not much to see?

Quote Originally Posted by saintjames View Post
    Going to be in the area tonight...is it worth having a look when it's dark or not much to see?
    Yeah have a look mate.

I went to tescos the olther night, The shadow of KC's statue on the stadium looks great!

Got A Season Ticket

well to befare, its a statue, they could have put it on a pedistal, as for wigan scarfs round its neck i saw this happen why it was outside the carpark, i was only saying it looks lost(to small a statue) on a big roof.
    Graffiti is on every landmark in st helens and indeed the country. imho he'd have looked better on a pedistal along with other statues around the ground

Starting A Programme Collection itwillalwaysbewithme's Avatar

At least he will never need to be rescued should there ever be a flood like Wally did.

itwillalwaysbewithme

Always your year

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Hope it is lit up at night, that would be nice.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by itwillalwaysbewithme View Post
    At least he will never need to be rescued should there ever be a flood like Wally did.

Is it just me that sat there puzzled as to how they got the arm bands on?

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Is it just me that sat there puzzled as to how they got the arm bands on?
    i was also struck by that

Quote Originally Posted by andrewfsx View Post
    i was also struck by that
    Anyone with kids knows all about velcro arms bands.

Got A Replica Shirt 100% referee!'s Avatar

has any one got any pics

Want to referee? www.shrlrs.webs.com
    St Helens Rugby League Referees' Society THE BEST!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

For reference visit the dream - the lights lasted 1 night

We could put the red Vee next to Kieron on top of the little stand.