Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 51521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 8

Quote Originally Posted by Windle Lad View Post
    I see the ransom has been paid for the missing W on the southwest turnstile.

Parking fine £70!!! This must therefore be for anybody overstaying their time as I presume they cant tell whether you have gone to the match by your registration or is it £70 for rugby fans and another figure for other defaulters. I presume there is a similar system at Warrington.
    I got fined £80 at the DW retail park once. Always used to park on the roads, except this one time. Didn't know about the 2 hour limit and didn't see any signs.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsy View Post
    I got fined £80 at the DW retail park once. Always used to park on the roads, except this one time. Didn't know about the 2 hour limit and didn't see any signs.
    That was an expensive game - hope we won!

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Are they moving the shop from the town centre to the stadium or is it in addition to?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Are they moving the shop from the town centre to the stadium or is it in addition to?
    They are closing the town centre shop and moving it to the stadium.It doesnt fit in well with the majority of shops in the town centre as they dont sell everything for £1

Quote Originally Posted by Windle Lad View Post
    That was an expensive game - hope we won!
    I think it was a bad night all round.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by ploughman View Post
    They are closing the town centre shop and moving it to the stadium.It doesnt fit in well with the majority of shops in the town centre as they dont sell everything for £1
    Do you think that is a good idea?

I was at Wigan earlier this week to get some tickets for a lunch. The Wigan Athletic shop at the ground was closed. IMO a shop in the town centre is a much more viable option (providing the rent is low enough) as there is much more passing trade. Certainly in Wigan RLFC case the revenue has increased dramatically from having a shop in the Grand Arcade.

I was at Wigan earlier this week to get some tickets for a lunch. The Wigan Athletic shop at the ground was closed. IMO a shop in the town centre is a much more viable option (providing the rent is low enough) as there is much more passing trade. Certainly in Wigan RLFC case the revenue has increased dramatically from having a shop in the Grand Arcade.
    In all honesty no one goes to our town centre shopping. There is nothing there, so no, or little passing trade. Plus our ground is closer to the town centre than the DW is to the centre of Wigan.
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Learning All The Songs Dynamite Don Brennan's Avatar

Free parking on Tescos through the week means Its a better option for me,much more handy than the present position.

In The South Stand

there is a big hole in the roof on the southwest corner, and its getting bigger with the wind, dont know if they know about this, as yet its not damaged over the main stand itself, but is heading that way.

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    there is a big hole in the roof on the southwest corner, and its getting bigger with the wind, dont know if they know about this, as yet its not damaged over the main stand itself, but is heading that way.

Don't tell Gary Mercer.

(for those not old enough to remember, in 1990 we were playing Warrington and after about 4 miniutes the wind blew part of the stand roof off and missed Gary Mercer by a hairs breath)
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Learning All The Songs Dynamite Don Brennan's Avatar

Starting A Programme Collection

Red face

I remember it well it would have killed him if it had hit him,they abandoned the game,I was sat in the stand where it happened.D stand(RIP)
    Last edited by RonSaintWiggin; 27th November 2011 at 12:55. Reason: added to reply with more information

In The South Stand

RLFans have a couple of pictures of the wind damage, could have been a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by RonSaintWiggin View Post
    I remember it well it would have killed him if it had hit him,they abandoned the game,I was sat in the stand where it happened.D stand(RIP)
    i was behind the dugout, they were handing out any old ticket stubs they could find to readmit you!

Learning All The Songs

RLFans have a couple of pictures of the wind damage, could have been a lot worse.
    Just had a look at these. If if it had been really stormy today the whole lot could have been off once it started to go. As has been said at least it has happened now, but not what you expect from a brand new £20 million plus build. Can't imagine the club are too happy. Seems to have been a lot of comment re the wind and the design - hope this is the end of it.

Got A Season Ticket

time to get the cladding up then ASAP!!!

Got A Replica Shirt 100% referee!'s Avatar

and finally for the doubters amongst you and the ones arguing about parking on matchdays THIS sign stands next to Tesco`s , (spelling mistakes theirs)

where abouts is this sign?

Want to referee? www.shrlrs.webs.com
    St Helens Rugby League Referees' Society THE BEST!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Denton Arnold View Post
    and finally for the doubters amongst you and the ones arguing about parking on matchdays THIS sign stands next to Tesco`s , (spelling mistakes theirs)

public bodies cant issue fines.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

public bodies cant issue fines.
    Tis true, they can only claim for 'damages' and 'loss of earnings' so if the car park was a pound an hour, and you overstayed by an hour, they could take you to court for a pound.

If you did it every week, there's nothing to stop them banning you and your vehicle from their property, if they were that bothered

If you search on internet, there's plenty of sites about it

Learning All The Songs

I take it it's been a while since you've been in St Helens town centre?
    Passing trade is practically non-existent, particularly where the shop is. More people will be going to the new Tesco everyday than shopping in the centre so it makes much more sense to have a shop just at the stadium - plus it's rent free there obviously.

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denton Arnold View Post

as you come out of Tesco and turn left to go towards the stadium its on the grass next to the path
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

Got A Season Ticket

The No PARKING sign was right outside the front doors today!!!!!!!!!!

In The South Stand

just had a look in at the stadium, the roof has been repaired, not properly just a temp job by the looks of it, the work being carried our over the kings corner, if I was a betting man I would say its a screen, looks just like giant lap top screen.
    The fingerpost link road is closed, and a big crane has arrived, looks like the hangers are being fitted today.

Got A Season Ticket

Reading that sign, makes me wonder. Is it genuine?

- It reads like it's been written by a 12 year old child!
    - Secondly they can't fine you - they can charge you however (only councils, public bodies etc.. can fine).
    - Thirdly, I can't understand how they can even think about basing a penalty charge system on number plate recognition alone. To prove such a case they'd need proof that you overstayed, not that you didn't leave - there's a difference.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by BenG View Post
    Reading that sign, makes me wonder. Is it genuine?

- It reads like it's been written by a 12 year old child!
    - Secondly they can't fine you - they can charge you however (only councils, public bodies etc.. can fine).
    - Thirdly, I can't understand how they can even think about basing a penalty charge system on number plate recognition alone. To prove such a case they'd need proof that you overstayed, not that you didn't leave - there's a difference.
    its the driver that has the come back, not the owner. its well covered on many sites this topic.